Kermit's Thread of Random

Sometimes I make stuff that some might consider ‘art’. Sometimes I make stuff that isn’t for argo, officially. Sometimes I find funny/interesting things that don’t belong anywhere else. I’mma post that stuff here.

…sometimes I get bored and take requests.

Here's a picture of a Penguin who occasionally takes over my computer
8 Likes
Sometimes I show up at work, and Aurelia is there

I like adding logos to things

Sometimes I add cats, too

Most recently, an in-universe picture of Perim and Katriel, complete with frame
14 Likes
My adding-logos-to-things obsession continues. As requested, PSD attached if you want to make your own!

mgC13dS.png

eF8oraH.png

LwpMDVy.png

E6ceeyA.png

EDIT: Added a few more logos, including one for Romulans
EDIT AGAIN: Added an Academy Logo

4 Likes
I swear, I was just thinking about asking for some help with just this thing since all of my char profile pics look like crap. Quick question, what is a psd file?
1 Like
psd files are opened by photoshop. I believe GIMP can open them as well, but I've never used it myself. Alternatively, if you want to take a picture of your character against a plain/greenscreen background and send it to me, I don't mind putting it together for you (or anyone).
4 Likes
This is largely not my work, but I did fill in a few gaps where cryptic left out ranks that should have existed, and put them all in one place for anyone who wants to use them.

http://imgur.com/a/9u0ih

(example on dossier)
5 Likes
Here's some crappy RL pictures

HpEsqvj.jpg

wYmEWzz.jpg

tUIlRLa.jpg

EXJU0ry.jpg

Y7PT4ZF.jpg

fd7RbuD.jpg

tbybHmo.jpg

VAcB34e.jpg

12 Likes
Threw together some cadet ranks. They're in the album of rank images as well.
Spoiler: Show
1LghCj6.png
3vGTseK.png
4TVQC6a.png
a70zAzx.png
5 Likes
wrote:
spoiler=Here's some crappy pictures.....

Wait wait, are those your pics?!?!! Is that the Intrepid in NY? Did you go on it? Did you see the shuttle?!?!?!?! O.O
1 Like
wrote:
Spoiler: Here's some crappy picturesShow

I think that's the expo I will be visiting in a week time. It looks fantastic.
The Shanel Bag ncN49jX.png

Commander Dolph Inman vnpUmZn.png

Sublieutenant Crocpot c4bxSZL.png
12 Likes
Coming this fall on FBC:kQHk2wn.png
9 Likes
Assistant (to the) Starbase Commander.
5 Likes
Not sure if qualifies as art, but I got some new stuff:image.jpg
9 Likes

It has been a veeeeerrrryyy long time since I’ve done any art just for me, as discourse just helpfully reminded me :joy:

But I was feeling particularly inspired in the lead up to starting the Reyga crew, so I hopped into a couple illustrator projects.

First there’s the ship seal. I really wanted to find a way to pay homage to the ship’s namesake from TNG: Suspicions, so the ship’s flying near a sun using the fancy new shields!

Later, when I started writing the ship’s info page, I realized that there was very little info out there about STO’s Titan class, so I set out to figure out some specs. I started with dimensions, then wanted to know how many decks there were, then Kat asked me where the swimming pool is and things went totally off the rails from there. Suddenly a month had gone by, friends and family thought I died, I’m pretty sure Adobe now owns my house.

But I made something I’m super proud of and want to show off   :blush:

I drew inspiration from like, every MSD on the internet, at one point or another, but everything is manually drawn from scratch for that sweet sweet vector scalability. Here’s a super high-res version for any of you brave enough to click: https://i.imgur.com/VUDtxcw.png

Kat, Coby, and Brex, you guys have my undying thanks for letting me bounce ideas off you and for giving me feedback on all those WIPs!

(if anybody runs a titan class and wants a version with your own ship name, lemme know, happy to make that edit)

7 Likes

Don’t suppose you feel like making an MSD for a Lexington Class? :rofl:

1 Like

oh please god no more Admittedly it might be easier to do another now that I have each individual type of room saved in my style, but that’s a HUGE ship by comparison, still no easy feat. Maybe next year! That said, there’s already several Odyssey-variant MSDs out there, and it would be MUCH easier for the creators of those to modify one into the Lexington. Might be worth finding your favorite and reaching out to the artist.

IN OTHER NEWS, I threw mine up on the STO reddit and by some miracle of the internet I actually got a bit of useful feedback re: the placement of the deuterium fuel tanks, turns out I liked the idea better than my original, so I went back and updated it! Here’s version 2, titled, “THIS BETTER BE FINAL.png”

and of course, obligatory giant version: https://i.imgur.com/evcER75.png

7 Likes