[Open] Sympathetic Pregnancy Simulation

Holodeck B-9 has been reserved for a weeklong special- the 'Sympathetic Pregnancy Simulation', hosting over 425 alien race pregnancy cycles, produced by the The Trill Science Ministry. Standard simulation routines occur over seven sessions, once a day. Speed and duration will vary dependent on species chosen.

In addition to an open forum announcement, the following specific individuals:

• Hassiri
  • Kermit, James
  • Morton, Coby
  • T'Varros, Davin

were sent a personalized invitation, as follows:

SPS Invitation wrote:
Greetings, and congratulations!

Someone loves you enough to want to share their life experiences, to bring you closer together. With our unique, 100% certified safe simulation program, you can share in an amazing life-changing adventure shaping Nethali Aster's immediate future- and yours.

She's requested that you, specifically, undertake a Sympathic Pregnancy Simulation for the HUMAN species, to represent her connection with HUMAN baby BRANDY.

Thanks to the Trill Science Ministry, the magic of biological motherhood can be shared, and shared experiences bring understanding and individuals closer together.

((Depending on how the above invitees react, this may be a forum RP, or just a series of prompt responses.))
RE: SPS Invitation

Thank you for the gracious invitation to participate in this program. Regrettably, I am unable to commit to any times during the dates indicated due to the unpredictable nature of my occupation.

Good health and safe travels,
Captain Hassiri
Chief of Surgery Deep Space 13
1 Like
Kermit walks into his quarters sometime after midnight. After tossing his uniform jacket over the arm of his desk chair, he notices the blinking of a waiting message. Without bothering to sit down, he opens the invitation and reads thorough the first paragraph. When he reaches Nethali's name, he recognizes this to be the "pregnancy thing" that she'd vaguely mentioned to him earlier in the evening. Without bothering to finish reading, he fires off his quick one-line-reply, and then hops into bed. Busy day tomorrow.

RE: SPS Invitation wrote:
Nethali,

See you there.

-Kermit

RE: SPS Invitation

Yeah, I wont lie, took me a small amount of research before I was ready to even come up with an acceptance or decline of the offer.... so um, if I agree to come, does this mean I have to play host to some simulated unborn child? Or... just watch ... or... or... This just sounds weird-enough to the point I'm not entirely sure I can even refuse. I wasn't even aware there was such a thing outside of the standard medical training holo's you can access.

Yeah, okie dokes.
~Darling.

(( Due to inevitable scheduling difficulties, this will take place as a forum event, cut into segments for the day 'sessions'. .

I'm totally going be be jacking information from www.babycenter.com for this, because hell if I know how this preggers thing works. I just want to know the best awful bits to throw at the men. >:3 Just putting that here for anti-infringement purposes or something.))

Day 1 - It's so purple it hurts.

Gentle waves caress sugar-fine ivory sands of a half moon inlet-- a band of breath-taking white between the vermillion inland foliage and the cyan waters. The ocean's edge extends to the horizon, where threads of orange and pink hint at precipitation catching the sunlight in a dawning sky.

Beside an impossibly circular terrace, with its symmetric piles of pillows and equidistantly placed yoga mats, a small brook susurrates affection for the pale stones beneath it. Tiny finches, periodically swooping across the clear sky or hopping in the evenly shorn grasses, lend their voice to soft, acoustic music from a place unknown.

A relaxation simulation to end all relaxation simulations.

The first individual to enter- deposited at the center of the terrace, is greeted by a Risian woman, shimmering into existence just seconds behind their arrival.

"Welcome," She murrs, "Welcome, it is truly wonderful for you to join us."
~and after leaving operations with some concern, the green clad Captain stepped towards the turbo-lift, catching a glance of the current Deck Officer until the doors re-clasped and shielded any further peaking at his relief for the next shift.

"Thanks!" Called a sudden voice as it's owner's eyes glanced first around and up through the terrace upon entering, eventually letting their eyes sink down and land upon the Risian woman, to whom he assumed was addressing him. Coby didn't much look for other occupants, and while not quite sure if there was anyone hiding further in the program or around the corner, he took a step forward.

"... it's uh, truly~ wonderful to join you. Is there, you know, anyone else in here yet?" His hand coming up to his mouth to wipe away any theoretical remains of a strawberry milkshake. His uniform tunic variant hung open with the rather vibrant green flaps hanging at his sides, the none-mouth-wiping hand deposited in it's corresponding pocket, tucking one of the green uniform flaps underneath and out of the way in the process.
Like a warbird decloaking Davin seemed to materialize by the holodecks enterance, coming in just behind Coby. Unlike Coby, though, he had opted to eschew his uniform for a less formal ensemble. Something told him his loose grey shirt, well worn blue jeans, and soft soled boots would be more appropriate, and it didn't hurt that they loosened quite a bit when needed.

"So," he said before he crossed that imaginary threshold that separated a quiet enterance from outright stalking, "do you think we still have time to escape this, or have we passed the event horizon?"
"Not unless you brought your sword!" cheerful as ever from somewhere behind the two men that have already entered.

Kermit comes jogging through the holodeck entrance a few moments later. Presumably he had seen one or both of them going in and decided to catch up. Like Davin, he also opted to wear something less formal. Pretty plain, though. In fact, it appears to be just the standard black undershirt from his usual uniform and a pair of normal-looking pants.

"Wow. Really went all out with this one..." as he trots about, looking around at the beautiful scenery of the running program. When he's finished gawking, he returns to the others, fidgeting with his collar a bit.

"So, where's Nethali, anyway?"
By now, Coby's other hand had swooped down from his mouth and had already been slipped into the other free pocket on his trousers, the other side of his open tunic again being tucked behind the pocketed appendage. It didn't take too long for him to move his glance from the Risian woman to the other pair offering a nod, but he didn't open his lips straight away to speak, instead pursed then while his gaze moved slyly around in some effort to spot the said pregnant lass.

"... No~ idea, Mr. Kermit."
"Nethali communicated fifteen minutes ago that she was feeling indisposed and will not be joining us for today's session." The Risian woman answered, turning a smile on all three of them. "She sends her regrets and regards for your dedication."

With her hands pressed together, fingertips to the opposing palm, the island native hologram bowed her head towards the three nearest pillow seats. "We are ready to begin, if you would please select a place to be seated, preferably next to one another."

As they move, she stalls Kermit with a lifted hand, saying, "Mister Aster, as the full application was incomplete, I will be relying on you for additional information so as to make the experience as close Nethali's own. Before we begin, can you elucidate as to whether you two chose to undergo preimplantation genetic diagnosis, or other gender-choosing insemination techniques, and if so, to which gender you preferenced?"
1 Like
"Of course she did," Kermit says with a chuckle and a shake of his head. He starts strolling over to one of the pillow seats, but is stopped by the holographic woman's raised hand.

A faint smirk comes across his face as she begins to speak. That expression quickly replaced by one of mild discomfort as she starts asking some rather personal questions. But he's prepared for this possibility. Of course Aster was going to pull something like this. How could she not? He's quickly put on an air of calm, as if all of this is perfectly ordinary. Glad there aren't any Betazoids around.

"Nope. Just uh...the old fashioned way. Not much planning, really." He shakes his head again, "No, no gender preference."
"Thank you, Mister Aster. If you please join the others, it will only be a moment while I calibrate the simulation."
" 'Mister Aster?' " Knowing Nethali the likelihood of that really being true is about fifty-fifty, but it raises an eyebrow at least. It does not, however, stop Davin from taking a seat on the most distant cushioned seat, nor does it make watching the ensign squirm any less entertaining.

"You just don't seem like her usual type, is all. But hey, what do I know?"
1 Like
No squirming this time, as he takes a cross-legged seat on the closest cushion and orients himself to face Davin while the hologram is off calibrating. From his steady tone and quick reply, one might surmise that he's either telling the truth or reciting lines.

"No? She didn't seem like my 'usual type' either, but these things happen, I suppose."
"Maybe she's just been able to corrupt him further than the rest of us." He murmured whilst still standing with pocketed hands. Coby's eyes simply followed around in a brief floating glance pattern, peppering over Davin and Kermit before repeating the cycle and moving back to the surroundings. By the expression on his face, it might become obvious to some that he's either not overly impressed with the simulation in comparison, or maybe his values hold higher expectations elsewhere for time being.

"... Dawsons wasn't invited to this thing, I take it."
Davin examines Kermit in that distinctly Romulan 'I'm not so much judging you as categorically anylizing the combination of facts that constitute what you are' way, and after a moment merely nods. "Probably just a Terran thing. Or Nimbosian, hard to tell with her." He shifts a bit on the holographic cushion, the thought of the program cutting out just long enough to dump the attending trio from the relative comfort of simulated seating to the cold plate of an inactive holodeck never quite leaving his thoughts.

Of course, there are fates worse than a short fall. "Careful, Morton. Don't tempt the Elements."
The holographic Risan approaches with a tray that had not been there earlier--upon it, three glasses and three small bowls.

"Thank you very much for your patience gentlemen, ma'am." There's no way to tell from inflection or eye contact just which of them had been sorely misrepresented.

She kneels first before Kermit with the tray upheld in offering, then does the same for the remaining two as she explains:

"Please select a glass and a bowl. Within the bowl is a pill, an item to be taken orally, which will serve as the seed of your journey's beginning. Please do not drop the pill; this is a non-replicated item provided by the nearest medical facility.

"Rest assured it is harmless, fully certified, and within Star Fleet regulation. Should an emergency occur that requires your immediate exit from the simulation, hyposprays have been fitted to near instantly restore your natural mental state. Once comfortably settled in your seats, please speak aloud your preferred beverage. The glass will fill accordingly. Please then partake in the way custom to your preferred method of nutrient consumption."
Kermit turns to face the Risian, wordlessly plucking one each of the bowls and glasses. Once the woman is moving on to the others, he follows the instructions.

"Water," he says to the air, prompting the glass to fill up. He fearlessly gobbles the pill, then looks to the others.
Whether it's the introduction of the strange pills or the mention of having to return to their 'normal mental state' afterward, Davij shoots Coby a glance. "See what you did? You tempted the Elements."

He takes his glass and pill all the same though, eyeing them a moment. "...Tarka, hot." Too late to turn back, he gulps down the pill.
Following an eyeroll, starting from Davin, his gaze drops to the remaining pill and simply makes a slow and smooth motion towards it, picking it with a light grab and moving it towards his mouth. The time it takes him to decide on what to think is perhaps some indication just how hard of a decision it is for him, with the option available.

"... Uh, strawberry water, moderately cool." He says aloud, keeping in tandem with the other two.