Operational Intelligence Failure

To: Starfleet Intelligence Relay
Subj: Operational Intelligence Failure

I write to you in relation to the Operation dated 97449.8 where Starfleet Intelligence requested MACO Team 9 to intercept and secure a shipment of protomatter weapons destined for the Klingon border.

The attached report shows while the team successfully carried out the operation, due to a failure of intelligence, the protomatter weapons were not present and the vessel was destroyed by an unknown assailant, with the loss of all non-MACO aboard.

I want to know how your intelligence as supplied was so incorrect, with one of my teams placed in direct and significant danger as a result, with almost all mission objectives failing as a result. No other vessel should have been in the area and the fact it remains unidentified is unacceptable.

I will not be placing a further team in a similar situation that can only be described as negligent until your operational intel can be shown to be correct once more.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Colonel Jayne Mason
MACO Administrative Officer,
Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENT// AAR: Stealthy Insertion

2 Likes

To: LTC Mason, Jayne
CC: CMDR Ho’Tol
Subj: RE: Operational Intelligence Failure

Reply to LTC: Information Classified. Internal review ongoing about operational assets. Results pending.

Assurance: results disseminated upon investigation closure.

Complaints: direct to nearest starfleet command chain.

Regards:

//SIGNED//
Captain Fzonan Xannidus-Mora
Commanding Officer, Intelligence Group X-2
Starbase 25, Risa Sector

1 Like