Pirate turf wars

I wouldn't say no on principle. All ideas have merit. For me though, the only pirates I have in my reservoir are all heart of gold types who may not define the term pirate correctly, or consistently, lol. Thus I doubt I could manage it.
2 Likes
I am a big fan of using pirates as "bad guys" as they allow for a means to be a thorn without being the Iconians. Also, they lack a "home system" which allows for ease in dealing with them, like Terix found out.

But, as an event idea I am not a big fan of PvP. So, I support your story arc. Sounds fun. But, PvP interaction for RP, I would not partake in those events.
I'd love to be involved, but not with PVP as RP. If its just RP count me in.
I'm with OMP and Tilly.
So know just recently I spoke out against RPvP but in those cases my issue was around personal combat between 2 people of different or similar skill levels ICly but one side having the advantage because of gear or player skill.

In this situation I don't see that being as much a problem with the restrictions on ship class and gear mark. Player skill will still come into play, but I don't think as badly as it otherwise could.

I just have a concern though, if I ship is lost, is that the ship of the player character, or do they have "main character shields" and will that just be a random ship of the pirate fleet?
Just random ships of the pirate fleets. Were all acting as goons fighting against each other.
1 Like
wrote:
Just random ships of the pirate fleets. Were all acting as goons fighting against each other.
Ok sounds good. Deal me in as they say.
Oooh. I could use some pirates for a little thing Im doing.
Pirate RP, pirate PvP, don' madda' to me, all sounds fun :)

Though I don't have a level 60 KDF char. Might have to work on that.
3 Likes
As you might know ( or not know ), osi and me are both running a pirate/criminal RP heavy organisation. Scorpius and the Bloodhunters.
To make things a bit interesting we decided that both groups would go to a turf war and now we need some help to duke it out. Our idea is that we run a couple of redsided PvP matches. Permitted are white Mk X equipment and tier 3 ships ( plus Zen store ships without the special consoles ). When enough people show interest were going to schedule a few events.

Now, the only thing left is to ask in best pirate manner, are you in? YAY OR NAY!
Count me in.
Ok, since there are people interested in PvRP and some only in normal "vanilla" RP, osi and i have come up with a plan B.
We will schedule a event where we RP how we prepare a random pirate ship in either fleet for the upcoming battle. That means conductiong repairs, prepping the weaponsystems and avoid getting roughed up by a angry captain.

After that we hold the actual PvRP battle with the ones who wanted to.
3 Likes