Rumor has it... (IC)

Rumour has it that due to his not being seen for days, Lieutenant Loxton has resigned his commission and returned to Risa to pursue a career as a bar pianist.

3 Likes
Here We Are Again, Lieutenant Niazov

The doctor entered the medical bay, donning his coat. “Alright, Lieutenant. Where are-”

“It huuuurrrrts…”

“Mhm. What was it this time? Chocolate ice cream? Jelly filled donuts?”

“…brownies… with fudge… and caramel… it huuuuurrrts… but it was -so- good.”

“Of course. Well, this shouldn’t take more than an hour. Let me just take a look at your chart and… oh my god… how many did you eat!?”

“Seven… they were soooooo goooooood…”

“This is… not good, Lieutenant. That was very irresponsible of you. By the looks of these charts, you may be here for a little while longer.”

“Noooooo… I’ve got… a major case. Big prime directive… I could get a promotion… theyneedme!”

“I’m afraid that won’t be happening, Lieutenant. Keep this moment in mind the next time you opt to make poor life choices.”

“…I saved a brownie for you when I’d have to come down here. Does that make it better?”

“…really? You seriously did that?”

“I regret nothing.”

OOC: Since Valore wrote the admiralty report, Niazov won’t be able to be involved in this whole thing. So I opted to have a little fun with reasons why.

11 Likes

Rumor has it that since Vanilla or Bust temporarily closed its doors, the Confection Oven has been doing brisk and lucrative business.

7 Likes

Rumour has it that Citizen Tevalak is behind the production of wristbands with “I Want My VOB” on them. He’s been offering a buy one/get one offer to anyone who is wearing one in his shop.

1 Like

Rumor has it when passing by Ven’s quarters the smell of mac and cheese could be smelled as well as the Romulan singing along to a rather old song

2 Likes

The Federation Embassy Office on DS13 has been largely closed to non-emergency walk-in services since early this morning, and various non-critical citizenship and documentation meetings have been rescheduled for later in the week.

Rumor has it that staffers have been tied up in meetings with the Ambassador and with the Diplomatic Corps headquarters in Paris, though perhaps that is unsurprising given today’s FNS broadcast. Rumor also has it that a handful of mid-level diplomats have been recalled from assignments in the Kelterre Sector.

11 Likes

Within the hour of the ALCON going out, the shore leave of senior officers mainly the department heads of the MacAlpine was cancelled.
The talk on the Mac is that they all made their way straight to the briefing room and are yet to come out of whatever planning/discussion they are having.

2 Likes

Rumor has it that the Leyte Gulf, which has always kept its crew well drilled, has almost doubled the number of its emergency and battle drills since news of the Klingon Civil War broke.

1 Like

A rumor circulating around the Starfleet Academy Annex has it that Mossic Khet bombed his command program final exams and will have to repeat some courses before he gets another chance.

6 Likes

Rumor has it that Chief Engineer H’ajah turned up at the counseling department offices carrying a large box bearing the logo of Vanilla or Bust under one arm. She was unencumbered when she departed, however.

Corridor outside the Chief Counselor's Office

“Ensign! Halt!”

“Oh . . . good evening there, Commander. What can I do for you?”

“Where is Dr. Sedai? I have been waiting for her in her office for half an hour.”

“I’m sorry, Commander, I’m pretty sure she left for the day. She had something to take care of, I think. Is there something I can help with?”

“My message is for her, and her alone! I have placed a parcel in her office. Will it be secure until her return?”

“I would think so . . . Is it, um, stable?”

“The sweetmonger assured me that the thermal regulator’s power source ought to keep the contents at their ideal temperature for at least 24 hours. If you alert her to its presence first thing in the morning, I believe it will be fine.”

“Alright, I’ll let her know as soon as I see her. You have a good night, Commander.”

6 Likes

Rumour has it that the dissatisfaction with Captain Mirazuni has resurfaced, with people questioning her ability to command, as the U.S.S. Endeavour withdraws from yet another engagement.

3 Likes

Rumor has it, in the counseling block…

“Oh, I’m just so HAPPY that you’re okay, we were so worried here and we were trying to stay hopeful, but it’s been a whole week and then they said the shuttle didn’t even make it there!”

“Yes, it’s been… a very eventful two weeks. I’m very relieved to be home. Has everything been all right here? I won’t be able to come back on duty for a little while, but if there’s anything that needs my attention --”

“No no! Everything’s been going just fine! All’s quiet on the counseling front, as they say. You should definitely rest and get all your things in order! OH, but Etac is putting on a taco party in two days, so make sure to come to that! People will want to see you back and safe!”

“A … taco party? I… all right, I suppose.”

“So was it really terrible? You look really tan and – … oh… oh god, what is that SMELL??”

“… I don’t … ugh. Ensign… what is… did someone come in my office while I was gone?”

“THAT… IS… MEGA… GROSS! I’m calling ops, we need hazard clean-up, pronto! Dear god, Katriel, do NOT go in there. Out out out!”

“Ooof, Caissa, stars, okay… agh…”

12 Likes

Rumor has it that a number of crewmembers aboard the Invictus have been reprimanded for misconduct during the ship’s conkers championship. Among the disqualified conkers were one replicated out of duranium, a 3d printed conker made out of solid PVC, and a conker filled with nitrogen tri-iodide.

Rumor is spreading outward from the DS13 engineering department that the station’s XO, Cmdr. James Kermit, has tendered his resignation. The chief engineer is said to be devastated by the news and has scheduled over a dozen knowledge-transfer (KT) sessions with subordinates over the next two weeks, as if she expects to be sacked soon herself.

7 Likes

Despite rumors of his resignation making the rounds, the duty roster continues to list DS13’s XO as on extended leave, same as any of the other officers who returned from BN-01 but haven’t completed their required evaluations yet.

New rumors have cropped up this week about the borderline unhealthy amount of time Commander Kermit’s been spending on the holodeck.

7 Likes

Rumors start circulating from the Ajilon’s crew that…

Na’Toth goes only midnight hunts through the corridors on the ship to ensure that there are no tribbles on board.

Na’Toth lost her eye in a one on one fight with a Jem’hadar to save her team. No it was with a Changling. No, it was a one on one fight with her sister as she left the Empire to join Starfleet. She actually lost it fighting a huge many armed beast, bare handed. No you’re all wrong, she lost it in a game with Q.

Na’Toth secretly spreads half these rumors about her eye, each one more ridiculous than the last.

6 Likes

Rumor has it Captain Konieczko has returned to duty and taken command of the U.S.S. Sentinel once again.

6 Likes

Rumor has it that a hazmat team was called to perform an emergency decontamination of the Event Horizon Lounge. Apparently it took them almost an hour to clean up some sort of ‘industrial chemical’ spill. Despite the lounge itself being declared safe for habitation after that period, the godawful stench of whatever the contaminant was is said to have lingered on the promenade for most of the evening.

Despite his usual gossipy nature, Swifty has been particularly closed-lipped about the evening’s events. In fact, he seems entirely unwilling to even acknowledge that he was present at that time. Maybe it’s easier to forget.

8 Likes

Rumor is spreading through the Starfleet Academy Annex that Mossic Khet dropped out of the command training program after failing his final exams for the second time.

6 Likes

Rumour has it that Lieutenant Sandford from Medical and Ensign Stobbart from Security went on a double date to a bowling alley with Tevalak’s nieces. Tevalak is reported to be furious about this. Furious because they didn’t go to Tevalak’s for ice cream after.

2 Likes