Rumor has it... (IC)

There has been surprisingly little or no rumors coming from one of Task Force Argo's newest acquisitions, the R.R.W. Jade Falcon, captained by the Romulan Commander Faerith. This could just be simple caution on her part, as well as the crew, but some speculate that this is an indication of strict military discipline or perhaps Commander Faerith is overly secretive about the goings on aboard her command.
The skuttlebut around AG-21-8 is that Major Matt Svenson, MACO Team 34, sent Margaret Hob some flowers! What an old school technique!
Rumour has it that the RRW Glaive requested two crates of Strawberrys, and one crate was sent to Captain Coby Morton.
Rumor has it that the stabilizing Cardassian government may be sending delegates to sensitive Federation locations in an effort to refresh Federation relations, citing the influx of Romulan representatives causing "a distraction from the real issues at hand".
"Have you noticed that the Outpost's been rotated?"

"Yeah. Apparently they did some tests on the station's emergency thrusters during last night's Gamma Shift... just makin' sure they could move the station if they ever needed to... really slowly..."

"I heard it's because Ashworth wanted his ready room window to face the shipyard while the Klingons are there, so he can have his eyes on them at all times."

"A highly improbable scenario. If the Commodore wished to maintain surveillance on the visiting Klingon Defence Force vessels, he would be better served by the station's sensors."

"Isn't that what you said when we suspected that Frankie had been replaced by his double from an alternate universe a month ago? 'A highly improbable scenario?' And yet..."

"If one believes all the... 'idle chit-chat' ...that circulates on this base, then that is a more commonplace occurrence within this Task Force than we are told. Perhaps Outpost Argo is situated in a region of space where undiscovered forces make conditions optimal for quantum-universal transference, however it remains unchanged that the statistical probability of finding yourself swapped with your genetically identical double from an alternate universe is one in seventeen quadrillion, four hundred and eighty-two trillion, seven hundred and sixty-six billion, nine hundred and eleven million, three hundred and seven thousand and sixy-nine. Rounded to the nearest one, per your stated preference."

"Ears, if you could degauss an EPS manifold with big words, this'd be a one-man job."
1 Like
Rumor has it that Commander Blathohr's original remarks when his command of the Semmelweis was made permanent were actually
Blathohr Ohlazlo wrote:
"I look forward to doing more SCIENCE aboard the Semmelweis, and maybe going to new places and doing SCIENCE there, and then we'll do NEW SCIENCE! Like, maybe a study of the biological, um, vitals of new species, yeah? I was thinking maybe we should do some study of Waydi, since they're new and all. Waydi women are hot, right? Wait, ****. Computer, stop recording!"

Additional rumors abound that his first decision as permanent commander was to change the uniform to feature skirts for all female officers.
(( To the above... Razor in waiting.))
Rumor has it that Chassy S. Quaen's request for a day of leave came just five minutes before she was due on shift.
*Overheard in Outpost Argo's Ops Center between two techs*

“Hey, Smith… you hear what Chambers found on sensors yesterday? When that Romulan ship, the Dawn of Autumn came in with all that damage from a Borg skirmish?”

“No, what’d she find?”

“Well… she said that the ‘Dawn was lit up like a sun on her radiological scopes… with trace amounts of thalaron radiation…”

“That’s insane… why would the Romulan Republic manufacture a vessel with that kind of radiation and THEN seek to ally itself with the Federation… They KNOW it’s outlawed here!”

“I’ve seen that ship up close as it cruised by the station, Smith… she was still bearing marks of the old Star Empire, though they were blotched out with new armor and Republic markings… It’s entirely possible that they just left the old systems in there.”

“Yeah, but… do you think they’re actually crazy enough to use it…?”

“Look, I don’t want to get an investigation started or anything, but… when I saw that ship, the extender arms were being half deployed, then retracted. When I zoomed in on the joints, I noticed that there’s virtually no wear and tear. I think it’s being used…”

“Crazy Romulans… why are we dealing with these people…”
Scuttlebutt says that Captain Solvust received plasma burns from dealing with the Borg on her latest mission, others say Tal Shiar weaponry.
"Have you soon the new guy in the station science department?"

"Yeah, creepy eyes."

"I heard someone say they busted him down from Commander...."
Star Fleet corps of Engineers has received numerous reports during the repairs of the U.S.S. Azorious pertaining to "Ghost" sightings around the ship. Several officers have requested to be transferred to other ships currently under repair with little to no explanation.
Ensign Giles walked back into the admin offices on the starbase, holding the two mugs. He extended out one hand towards the only other person he knew was in the office, his friend Ensign Quink.

Quink took the glass. "Thanks man. Was that new Andorian officer up there? I saw her the other day, and she winked at me. At least... I think she winked at me."

Giles just shook his head and took a drink, leaning on the backside of one of the consoles. "Nah. It was all empty. Well... expect for the counselor. She was sitting up there like she always is.... you know drinking tea and reading some PADD. I was thinking... she sorta reminds me of that one real quiet character in that way old video from Earth's 20th century that we watched the other night." Giles snaps his fingers, trying to remember the name. "The blue masked one that hardly ever talked.... oh! Bo..."

Quink cut him off, nearly yelling. "Dude! Don't be thinking stuff up there when she's around! You know what she REALLY does, right?"

Giles shook his head. "No. What?"

Quink frowned. "Dude. She's a Betazoid. She like.... reads peoples minds and stuff, then reports back to Internal Affairs."

Giles raised an eyebrow. "What? Serious?"

Quink nodded more certain of this than anything in his life. "It's what happened to Ensign Horde. She caught him thinking about stuff and boom! Next day he's gone. That's why she always like..." He makes quotation marks in the air with two fingers on each hand ".... going to Casperia Prime. She's really going to see her IA contacts from Starfleet."

Giles face betrays that he is not totally convinced "Well, what was Horde thinking?"

Quink looks upset at the challenge. "You know.... uhmmmm.... stuff! I guess? I don't know. That's not the point."

Giles looked at him suspiciously, but saying nothing.

Quink reaffirmed his certainty. "No man, I'm serious. Its totally true!"

Giles just shook his head, after taking another sip from his cup. "I don't know. Still think she kind of reminds me of Bob...."

"Stop." Giles jumps as he is cut off from a voice coming from behind and below the console he is leaning against. "Talking is not typing." Giles turns to see the short grey alien staring up at him with as much sternness as anyone stepping in at 4 feet 8 inches can muster. "Allotted time for trivial social discussions is up. File forms with control numbers 137 through 231 before end of watch. Behind schedule. Must catch up."

Their trivial social discussion stopped by the time management Nazi, Ensign Giles and Quink returned to work.
5 Likes
Apparently, due to the escape of Lieutenant Commander Hennsburg and her long period of service on the 'Virgin, Captain Webster and the Vanguard have been dispatched to bring the 'Virgin and crew under arrest.
A box filled with stop watches was recently delivered to the attention of Lieutenant Jal'Shan, Task Force Argo. Sender unknown. Delivery through Ferengi messenger service.
1 Like
Rumor has it that a certain Betazoid counselor had to endure the teasing of the entire psychiatric staff for the duration of nearly an hour, due to the receipt of a gift that arrived on starbase and was conveniently delivered during a full staff meeting.

And if anyone thinks said counselor has been smiling a little more than usual, at apparently nothing... it's clearly just their imagination.
Rumor has it that no detectable life signs were present during the recent hijacking of the U.S.S. Azorious. Authorities have debunked this rumor claiming the terrorists must have been using sensor dampeners during the heist.
Rumor has it...The late Gul Serrat was obsessed with investigating what she called "loose ends" from the Dominion War. She built a small fortune and even purchased her own Galor warship from the Cardassian government in her pursuit of her obsession..... What exactly she meant by "loose ends" no one seems to know........ or no one is telling.....
Rumour has it that the 26th Fleet is only days away from being totally destroyed.
Rumor has it Lt. Hob spent the evening with a box of tissues and the Classics of Cardassian Political Dramas Collection.
1 Like