Star Trek: Lower Decks (Spoiler thread)

We're very fortunate to have never had a rage virus aboard the station.

Discuss... for as long Enjin exists. :p
3 Likes
Ya know, I an't even mad that Mariner is the Captain's daughter, I can't wait to see later episodes explore the rift between the two.
2 Likes
wrote:
Ya know, I an't even mad that Mariner is the Captain's daughter, I can't wait to see later episodes explore the rift between the two.
It does add a layer of drama I wasn't expecting.
It was pretty fun, if not a little derivative in places.
I liked it.
Anyone else think it's ironic that the big guy who seems to be in tactical, is a Bajoran?
StarTrekLowerDecksOpening.jpg
The chief of security? I confess I'm not sure how that's ironic... unless you're referring to the generalization of Bajorans as a spiritual people?
1 Like
wrote:
The chief of security? I confess I'm not sure how that's ironic... unless you're referring to the generalization of Bajorans as a spiritual people?
This!
I'm pretty sure you can be deeply spiritual and deeply violent at the same time
2 Likes
both mystifying and completely unshocking is reviews on IMDB complaining about Lower Decks being 'woke'
like. what about it is woke??
1 Like
nothing. "woke" is, in this case, simply the new "gay" - an equally meaningless substitution for "stupid" and/or "not to my tastes"*.

(* I would further suggest that the latter are, in many cases, uncritically adopted from one's chosen peer group, in order to conform and feel a stronger sense of belonging.)
what about it is woke??

On twitter I have seen people ranting about the Sikh in the background for like a second because he was wearing the Dastar while in uniform.
Huh didn't even notice that.
Omnimuffin wrote:
what about it is woke??

"They're turning Star Trek into a political soapbox about a near-utopian future in which humanity has largely set aside its pretty squabbles to come together as a United earth in the pursuit of greater achievements! That's not what Star Trek is about, it's supposed to be Kirk punching Klingons and getting busy with green babes!"

...I feel like I need a shower just from having typed that.
1 Like
But where's the lie!?!
1 Like
They got Tom Kenny in there!
Hand over your profits!
so from that preview reel, it looks like we're getting an Edosian (c.f. Lt. Arex) to go with our Caitian CMO.
TAS represent!
1 Like
I'm pretty sure you can be deeply spiritual and deeply violent at the same time
That's the base state of Bajorans. Think about Colonel Kira for a second. Meditation with candles and incense, to a soundtrack from a Tibetan monastery one minute, beating up a Klingon with his own bat'leth the next. Not to mention The Lancelot Incident. Or any of the other times she did extremely violent things to deserving people or Quark.

On a more general note, if someone miscalibrates the biofilters on the Invictus transporter that badly... Keexa is going to do some very unpleasant things to them. And then feed whatever is left to the rage monsters.
1 Like
The biofilter wasn't the only thing at fault; Commander Ransom clearly subscribes to the Joe Tormolen School of Away Team Safety...
Oh, they cocked up, no two ways about it. The biofilter should still have prevented rage monsters.