SUBJ: Salvaged Voth Computer Core

To: CAPT Bishop
CC: CMDR Mandra
Subj: Salvaged Voth Computer Core

Captain Bishop,

Me and the other members of the team after a couple of hard days of working on the mostly intact Voth Computer core have finished getting all the important information we could from it’s slightly damaged state at this time. The good news is that all this new information has shed some important light on the limited cryptic information we were able to acquire from the Voth Data Devices, from the previous report as well as some concerning things that have come to light in the wake of this, all of which is detailed below.

1. ‘The Vorash Pass’ is a section of space that can give access to an entirely separate level of subspace which from what the Voth computer core tells us is ‘disconnected’ from the subspace we know. Meaning from implications that whatever happens in normal subspace, won’t affect this separate level of subspace, meaning if this is correct that if something were to destroy or disable normal subspace, this disconnected level of subspace will be unaffected. Meaning if again this is true that if a ship was able to access this ‘disconnected’ level of subspace they would be able to go to warp even when the normal subspace would not allow it.

(The Voth computer core also tells us that this ‘disconnected’ level of subspace has ‘unusual’ properties which is all the computer will say about it meaning we are not sure what is ‘unusual’ about it. I fear we will only find out if we ever get a ship into this ‘disconnected’ subspace level… Also there are mentions of more ‘access’ points like ‘The Vorash Pass’ all around the galaxy, meaning there are multiple areas where people could access this ‘disconnected’ level of subspace which has many implications of various types…)

1. The Home Base that was mentioned on the Voth Data Devices is actually multiple ‘stations’ of various types which act as the Voth Home Base for the Voth ships in this area. Along with this there are also mentions of 3 Voth weapon platforms that are being worked on as part of a reverse engineering project they are undertaking from “The Facility”. Unfortunately this Voth computer core does not give us much more information on what this ‘Facility’ is exactly, however, it does give some bits of information that are connected in the next part…

2. ‘The Facility’ is an object from a race called the ‘Mavin’ (Which is the first time we have ever heard of this race…) which the Voth seem to be working on in the belief that it will give them a new advantage… The amount of information that this Voth Computer has on the ‘Mavin’ is limited and only tells us that the Voth encountered and tried to subjugate the ‘Mavin’ but after a while they moved to an exterminate footing… Why this is unknown but we can make assumptions that the Mavin gave the Voth too much of a fight to make it worth subjugating them. Myself and the team believe this is the case since this ‘Facility’ seems to be linked to the hard time the Voth had with the Mavin…

It should be noted that attempts should be made to acquire more information on the ‘Mavin’ when possible since, the fact that the Voth (Who are way more advanced than the Federation) after awhile moved to exterminate the Mavin suggest that to the Voth, the Mavin were ‘too dangerous’ for them to be left alive. Which means if the Mavin are still around they will hopefully be a great ally to the federation… If they still exist…

1. The ‘Gatekeeper’ is actually a Voth ship which has been converted to be able to open and shut the ‘door’ to The Vorash Pass, meaning the Voth in this area control who comes in and out of this pass… This also leads to the ‘key’ that was mentioned in the Voth Data Devices which is a set of special codes that all Voth ships need to send to a ‘receiver’ that will then be checked by the Gatekeeper who if the codes pass open the door for the Voth ship to enter then close it behind when the ship has entered the pass.

This is critical information that needs to be highlighted, since it means that without these ‘keys’ we will never be able to enter this Vorash Pass to find out exactly what the Voth are working on inside this ‘disconnected’ Subspace layer. Which means any future operations will need to find a way to acquire accepted ‘keys’ to have a chance of getting inside this Vorash pass…

However, I will state this now as part of the team that worked on this Voth computer core. That there could be other ways to get access to this Vorash pass, however, at the moment the only sure way that we can find is to have these ‘keys’. Meaning that it is most likely we are going to need to find a Voth ship from this area and capture it intact. The reason we say intact is because this computer core did not have any ‘keys’ within that we could find meaning that it is very likely that the ‘keys’ are destroyed when a Voth ship from this area is critically damaged or destroyed. (We are not fully sure on this last bit but it is the assumption we are going with currently…)

This is all me and the team can report on currently from this Voth computer core, however, we will continue to look around it again to make sure we have not missed something, meaning that if we find anything else of importance we will report on it.

//SIGNED//
Filo, O
Lieutenant Commander
Science Analyst, Deep Space 13

To: LCDR Filo, O (@CPTBlitz)
CC: CMDR Mandra, A (@Master_Dex); LCDR Sideris, N (@Calyx)
Subj: RE: Salvaged Voth Computer Core

Lieutenant Commander,

Do we know what type of ship this “gatekeeper” is? If so, I would like you to work with Lieutenant Commander Sideris in attempting to crack this code. I believe Commander Mandra is also a computing expert. She may be able to assist.

Be quick, but be thorough.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Captain Samuel Bishop, PhD
Executive Officer, 38th Fleet ‘Argo’

1 Like

To: CAPT Nimitz, A (@Nimitz)
CC: SCDR t’Cyklaas, E (@Valore)
Subj: FWD: Salvaged Voth Computer Core

Alistair,

I am forwarding you the above message; read it carefully. Once you have done that, please arrange a time to meet with me.

Regards,

//SIGNED//

1 Like

To: CAPT Bishop
CC: CMDR Mandra
Subj: Salvaged Voth Computer Core

Captain Bishop,

Me and the team working on this Salvaged Voth computer core have gone over it a couple more times and we have been successful in finding out more information that will be helpful to us. This information will be key in helping us get our hands on these ‘Keys’ to be able to get past the gatekeeper who controls the entrance to The Vorash Pass.

1. To start of with we were unable to find more information on what ship this Voth Gatekeeper is, the best we can say is that it is a vessel that is said to be between Cruiser and battleship weight. This narrows it down to what it could be but in our minds is not enough information to make a educated estimate on what it is…

Second we have been able to acquire information from the computer core that will allow us to make a plan to acquire a Voth ship to get these Keys. Details are as follows in the points below…

1. Every week the Voth send out a heavily modified Voth ship to scout out what is going on around this sector of space around The Vorash Pass. After it is done with this scouting run it returns to it’s home base in The Vorash Pass. This ‘scout’ is the best chance me and the team can see that will give us these keys to enter The Vorash Pass.

2. The extent to how much the Voth ship is modified to be a scout is not stated and we are unable to get much from this computer core we have… However, we can estimate that these modifications may include stealth systems as well as possibly a bigger crew complement than normal. We can tell that the increased crew complement is one of them since the computer core mentions all ships sent out to scout have more ‘Security Crew’. What that exactly entails in unknown but I believe we should expect more heavy resistance…

This is all the additional information we were able to get from this salvaged Voth computer core and it paints a very good picture on how we can get our hands on these ‘keys’. To that end I would recommend that we put a operation together to ambush this Voth scout and board it to take if over for ourself…However, I am aware that this has risks on it’s own and it is very possible that the Voth on this scout ship activates a self destruct. If this is the case then the next best thing is to get to the ships computer core and download the information we need from it to get the keys, if we do that then it is not that much of a loss if the Voth scout ship is destroyed in a self destruct…

In short if everything on this operation happens to go out the window and not according to plan, everything will be fine as long as we at minimum are able to get what we need from the computer core on this Voth scout ship. I will leave the rest up to the higher ups on how to go about this mission and hope we can get our hands on these ‘Keys’ soon so we can get inside this Vorash Pass…

Attached is the estimated locations or routes this scout ship could take to complete it’s scout run, I hope it is of help in planning this mission if it goes ahead…

//SIGNED//
Filo, O
Lieutenant Commander
Science Analyst, Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENT// Estimated Scout ships routes.ext

To: CAPT Nimitz, A
CC: SCDR t’Cyklaas, E
Subj: FWD: Salvaged Voth Computer Core

See above.

//SIGNED//