SUBJ: URGENT- Listing of the Qotar Foundation as a criminal element

To: RADM Quint, E ((@Quint))
CC: ~~
Subj: URGENT - Listing of a criminal enterprise: Qotar Foundation

Admiral,

After numerous run-ins with the Qotar Foundation, background research and prisoner interviews, this officer has deemed the above organisation to be a criminal organisation. They claim to be working on behalf of the Federation, but there is clear evidence that the organisation uses methods that are against Federation Archaeological Law during excavation, which include the disregard of General Order One, as well as the destruction of sites that are deemed to be archaeologically and culturally significant, and inadvertently aiding and assisting the archaeological black market.

This officer recommends the immediate arrest of the Qotar Foundation’s leaders, as well as all links with the Foundation to be terminated immediately. All Qotar Foundation’s assets should be suspended and investigated through Federation Law.

This group believes they are working on behalf of the Federation, but their goals and methods are the antitheses to Federation beliefs and values.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Captain Samuel Alexander Bishop PhD
Commanding Officer - USS Endeavour
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

2 Likes

To: CAPT Bishop, S
CC: Federation Civil Authority Department
Subj: Re: URGENT - Listing of a criminal
enterprise: Qotar Foundation

Captain,

I have included the Civil Authority Department into the message chain here. After reviewing the After Action Reports (AAR) that have included this ‘Foundation’ I an inclined to agree. Any agency operating under UFP law needs to adhere to the values those laws protect. Further any violations of ‘General Order 1’ are grounds in and of themselves.

What I am asking for from the Civil Authority is to follow through and investigate this request. All relevant AARs can be made available and can be obtain as needed. I am also asking that the 38’th, due to our current familiarity with this group, be allowed to conduct any arrests.

Emery Quint
Rear Admiral, Upper half
38’th Fleet ‘Argo’ Command

3 Likes

To: CAPT Bishop, S. (@Sam)
CC: 38th/Command; FCAD/OCD
Subj: Update

Captain Bishop,

I am Aleksander Vasiliu, public prosecutor of the United Federation of Planets. We spoke some time ago. As per your request, I shall reiterate the major points along with providing what the Civil Authority has uncovered.

1. Arresting the officers of the Qotar Foundation that have already incriminated themselves would be a simple matter. More complicated as the process of arresting the Foundation itself as a criminal organization. To do so, I require two things. First, direct evidence that shows the Foundation itself as criminal. In essence, it requires proof that the upper echelons give an order and it travels down the chain to be executed. Showing that the leadership of the Foundation is ordering criminal actions taken and the lower echelons carry them out is paramount to this. This can be achieved by either someone within the organization testifying as to how such criminal actions are ordered, or documents that outline this clearly.

2. Given that this Foundation deals in artifacts, I require evidence that shows its chain of custody, from the artifact being found to ending up in a museum or a private collection. I require at least two documented instances of this.

3. As of this message, we have been unable to find any connection between the Qotar Foundation and the government. Public business records list the organization as a non-profit dedicated to archaeology, and most of its patrons are either museums themselves or wealthy individuals with private collections.

If there is any more information or assistance you require, you may reach me through this communications address. Previously, you asked me of acquiring warrants for you. This, I can do. However, I cannot do so broadly and whatever warrant you require will have to involve probable cause. If you can provide to me specific locations and the evidence that supports incriminating activity, I can work to provide the necessary paperwork.

Given the amount of danger on the frontier, it is more than likely that you are far more equipped to operate in this area than I am. I shall defer all direct action to you. I am always available to answer questions.

//SIGNED//
Aleksander Vasiliu
Public Prosecutor, Organized Crime Division
United Federation of Planets

2 Likes

To: CAPT Varley, L (@Lauren )
Subj: Need of Intelligence RE: Archaeological Blackmarket

Good Evening Lauren,

A quick message to request the use of both the intelligence and security departments on Deep Space 13. I have been tasked with tracking down evidence to list a current organisation as a criminal element and I require intel to act.

Let me know if you have anyone to spare.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Captain Samuel Bishop, PhD
Executive Officer, 38th Fleet ‘Argo’

1 Like

To: CAPT Bishop, S
Subj: RE: Need of Intelligence RE: Archaeological Blackmarket

Captain Bishop,

Station intelligence and security are at your disposal, we should be able to spare the resources. Although it might be beneficial for me to know what it is you need them for. I’m available to meet.

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

To: CAPT Varley, L
Subj: RE: Need of Intelligence RE: Archaeological Blackmarket

Sounds good, I will have my people contact your people to arrange a time.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Captain Samuel Bishop, PhD
Executive Officer, 38th Fleet ‘Argo’

1 Like