Teleraptor Enhancement Proposals

BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 3 - Restricted

TO CMDR Sakkhet; LT CMDR Fozka, T.; LCDR H'ajah, D. O. S. I. E.
CC CAPT Sel, Z.; CMDR Austin, M.
FROM CMDR Zarath, T.
SUBJ Teleraptor Enhancement Proposals

Commanders,

Following our recent encounter with Azedi forces, I have been going through my unsubmitted proposals during my tenure as Deep Space 13's Science Officer and I believe these may have merit to be revisited. I attach a broad overview of these plans to my message below.

While my original plan was to conduct these experiments aboard the Brahe, I believe this would be best held within Starbase departments to provide a centralised support structure to ensure these reach completion in a timely manner with full access to all resources as necessary. I am requesting a cargo bay or appropriately large science lab to be cleared and installed with a tractor beam emitter (I propose a cargobay to be the best choice as the likelihood is a tractor beam will already be installed and connected appropriately with minimal adjustments required). I would also request a gravity simulator be deployed to generate an anti-graviton field to ensure our experiment does not impact the Starbase or crew in an adverse way.

To my knowledge the Federation has not made any significant advancement in micro wormhole generation, thus I can only hope we have had some bizarre stroke of luck and a micro-singularity was recently detected aboard the station. Regardless, we already know what a properly configured Teleraptor beam's properties are, so we should be able to compare the output of a reconfigured tractor beam to ensure the beam is behaving properly. A test of its function would simply be icing on the cake as it were.

Finally, it is my understanding that a section of an Azedi vessel was recovered and brought back for metallurgic analysis, I would like to request a sample of the hull be made available for the experiment if possible. While Teleraptor is a primarily defensive configuration, its offensive capabilities and uses should not be overlooked and I would be interested if a tractor beam based Teleraptor was able to penetrate Azedi hulls as well, it's very much a secondary concern however as we know deflector based Teleraptor is more than adequate for this task.

Please don't hesitate to contact me regarding any concerns or requests of your own you may have.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Commander Tellara sh'Zarath
Executive Officer/Acting Chief Science Officer, U.S.S. Brahe
//ATTACHMENT// Requisitions-Request-Teleraptor-Slethi.msg
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 3 - Restricted

TO CMDR Zarath, T.; LCDR Fozka, T.
CC CMDR Sakkhet; LCDR H'ajah; CAPT Sel, Z.
FROM CMDR Austin, M.
SUBJ RE: Teleraptor Enhancement Proposals
4OB3P0J.png

Commander sh'Zarath,
Thank you for both your cooperation and proposals. This Command welcomes any effort to defend the Federation from the danger the Azedi pose to our sovereignty and those under our protection. We'll need out-of the-box thinking like yours to put a real dent in this effort. We welcome your experience in this matter.

Lt. Commander Fozka,
Consider the proposals this correspondence and allocate resources as they become available for this effort. I'd like us to investigate any reasonable possibility, even those that might seem unconventional.

//SIGNED//
Commander Maxwell S. Austin
Executive Officer, Deep Space 13
1 Like
4OB3P0J.png

TO CMDR T. Zarath
CC CMDR Austin, LCDR H'ajah, LCDR Fozka, CAPT Sel
FROM LCDR Sakkhet
SUBJ RE: Teleraptor Enhancement Proposals

The Operations department will secure a cargo bay for use of experiments.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Sakkhet
Chief of Operations/Deep Space 13
2 Likes