TFA: Memorable Quotes

[8:16]Alina Mandra@Master_Dex:this should be good data for the temporal research team… I tried to invite them but they hadn’t shown up for work yet… sign on the door said check back yesterday. They do that a lot…

6 Likes

Sileia T’Sai@S.J.Brex: Hey hey
Alistair Nimitz@natthaan: Brex
Sileia T’Sai@S.J.Brex: Nimitz
Sileia T’Sai@S.J.Brex: I wish to test something on you
Alistair Nimitz@natthaan: …
Sileia T’Sai@S.J.Brex: I believe I have an invisible torpedo launcher
Alistair Nimitz@natthaan: …

1 Like

[5/31 9:03][ArgoChat]Drake Tungsten@schmobius#798: Hmm. Guess I get bored of being furniture a lot quicker than everyone else around here

[5/31 9:03][ArgoChat]Alina Mandra@Master_Dex: I still see some quality to certain people sitting on me.

[5/31 9:03][ArgoChat]Alina Mandra@Master_Dex: I mean…

5 Likes

[6/6 2:37][ArgoChat]Isadora@CaoCaoPuf:Give me sec Nimitz. Prepping. Upgrading stuff, buying gear, mailing you typhoid.

[6/6 2:37][ArgoChat]Alistair Nimitz@natthaa:oh cool

[6/6 2:38][ArgoChat]Alistair Nimitz@natthaa:wait a minute

6 Likes

[3:00][ArgoChat]Alina Mandra@Master_Dex: Valore: Sets up a system to do quests like in a game

[3:00][ArgoChat]Alina Mandra@Master_Dex: Alina: goes farming for paint

3 Likes

Have you heard the story of Romulan Valore the Estranged?

[2:23][ArgoChat]Sam@drcripple:“we?” Is Valore revealling herself to be a rommie?

[2:23][ArgoChat]Drake Tungsten@schmobius#798:Le gasp! :-o

[2:25][ArgoChat]Rayshell@elle#334:Vera: of course Valore’s a romulan she’s my daughter

[2:26][ArgoChat]Valore@trionis#566:She’s only met Vera like twice

[2:26][ArgoChat]Sam@drcripple:once at birth and the second at reunion?

[2:27][ArgoChat]Valore@trionis#566:Vera’s estranged daughter who has parent trust issues

[2:27][ArgoChat]Rayshell@elle#334:Such a tragic story.

[2:28][ArgoChat]Sam@drcripple:it is not one that the federation would tell you

[2:29][ArgoChat]Valore@trionis#566:spits tea

7 Likes

[12:19]Ayesha@drcripple … The figure slowly gets up and turns to the trio. It looks like a Klingon. It has the ridges and the hair of a klingon, but the +

[12:20]Ayesha@drcripple:skin is scaled, the eyes reptilian, and the height and weight… all Gorn.

[12:20]Ayesha@drcripple [Klingorn] roars loudly at them.

[12:21]Keri@hawkecosse#470:Sam…

[12:21]Keri@hawkecosse#470:Just no

[12:22]Keri@hawkecosse#470:Shoots Ayesha for what they know they did

[12:22]Ayesha@drcripple:FX| The group continue to walk, down corridors, towards the deflector panel. As they do so, they suddenly hear shots whizz past them.

[12:23]Alistair Nimitz@natthaa:“Of course we are… we just gotta find t…” *Tackles Ven to the floor with his body as a shield

[12:23]Ayesha@drcripple:~~nimitz crushes poor ven with his body. ven dies. new character plz~

5 Likes

Alina is still figuring out how this Commanding Officer thing works. :heart:

Alina Mandra scratches the back of her head, “Hey, you do you… but if you need it, uh… dismissed. Heh.”

Alina Mandra lets out a breath, “Someday you’ll be a real boss Alina…” she says to herself.

8 Likes

Saving for the “I called it” moment.

[1:47][Local]Gabriella@drcripple:“Like I said, it’s a conspiracy,”

[1:48]Davin@arkaik35 slips his flask back into his jacket for the moment. “Well if it is, I think we might have covered it up a bit too much.”

[1:49][Local]Gabriella@drcripple:“In before all humans have genetic romulan markers to turn us into romulans at a moment’s notice,”

2 Likes

In which Mah’ren realizes just how violent Earth sports really are…

[9:50][Local]Mi’shune@1nONLY_DRoc:“Nothing to forgive, it’s all good.” She adds, "You’ve never seen baseball? Not even on Earth?

[9:52][Local]Mah’ren@RaverZombie:“I spent most of my time in the Academy studying, I’m afraid. The…” She paused. Loading… "Sports, yes? Sports were not a priority in my explorations, I fear. Is it difficult?

[9:53][Local]Mi’shune@1nONLY_DRoc:“I don’t… know…” She thought a moment. "I mean, the rules are incredibly complex, but playing seems easy enough. Take a big club, hit a ball being thrown at you, run to designated markers on the

[9:53][Local]Mi’shune@1nONLY_DRoc:+ground until you return to the marker you started at. All before anyone catches the ball and tries to tag you out.

[9:54][Local]Mah’ren@RaverZombie:"…Wait. They throw the ball at you? As in, they attack you with it? And you have to counterattack and flee before they can catch you to reprise their assault…?

[9:55][Local]Mi’shune@1nONLY_DRoc:“Put it that way it sounds almost sinister.” She giggles

[9:56][Local]Mah’ren@RaverZombie:"…And humans… did this for fun?" She sounded outright horrified now

[9:58][Local]Mi’shune@1nONLY_DRoc:"Oh yes! They’re a very competitive species. I suppose it helps them work out their more… aggressive tendencies?

[10:00][Local]Mah’ren@RaverZombie:"…There are days I stand in awe that they have survived so long. This… is definitely one of them." She shakes her head, flabbergasted. “…For fun…” under her breath, before she pauses, and

[10:01][Local]Mah’ren@RaverZombie:>> turns her face back up to Mi’shune, reflective eyes catching on her once more. "…Why do you engage in such bloodsport, though?

[10:02][Local]Mi’shune@1nONLY_DRoc:“Bloodsport?” She looks at Mah’ren funny. "What do you mean? There’s no blood involved. Ushaan, now that’s a bloodsport!

[10:03]Mah’ren@RaverZombie rubs at her chin in thought. "I suppose, for a skilled combatant, it wouldn’t be a bloodsport. Deflecting the ball and all that, using the club. Do you take the club with you to defend >

[10:03][Local]Mah’ren@RaverZombie:>> yourself, though? And what is Ushaan?

[10:04][Local]Mi’shune@1nONLY_DRoc:"Nononoo… you don’t attack people with the baseball bat, you attack the ball. And they don’t try to hit you with the ball. They try to make you miss hitting the ball.

[10:05][Local]Mah’ren@RaverZombie: But you just said they throw the ball at you! And-" She frowns. "…There is a reason, perhaps, we never developed sports. This sounds like a good way for too many people to die.

4 Likes

[1:57]Katriel@evenru has done this trip like so many years and no one’s ever objected to powerboards before. Howboutdat.

[1:57]Ayesha@drcripple blames Sam

[1:57]Valore@trionis#566 also blames Sam.

[1:58]Alina Mandra@Master_De knows it was Sam’s fault.

3 Likes

In which Isa’s earlier prank on Drake comes back at her… twice.

[9:08]Mah’ren frowns in thought, then… and rises, crossing to settle onto her knee in front of Isadora. "Captain. There’s something you should know.

[9:09]Haaron:"The fact that Isadora is not trying to shout at anyone is a sign of progress.

[9:09]Isadora talks to Mah’ren’s kneecap "Yeess?

[9:09]Valore:"Give it an hour, Ambassador.

[9:09]Drake Tungsten:"Not sure I’ve ever really heard her shout at anyone, just in general distress.

[9:10]Haaron:"She could have been a famous singer.

[9:10]Mah’ren goes to reach out for Isadora… and makes to hit the commbadge she’d put on. “You should really set your pranks to single use.”

[9:11]Isadora realizes what’s happening a split second after it does. The badge chirps

[9:11]Isadora:"Oh sonof-…

[9:11]Valore sighed. "…you know? I am not particularly frustrated by that one. She deserved it.

[9:11]Thyzee laughs

[9:11]Alina Mandra laughs

[9:11]Alina Mandra:nice

[9:12]Haaron:"Impressive.

[9:12]Drake Tungsten:just grins, very satisfied

[9:12]Isadora yells something inaudible in the distance as she makes for shore

[9:12]Mah’ren smiles, self-satisfiedly, rising and moving to settle between Drake and Mi’shune once more

[9:13]Isadora walks up, dripping and irritated

[9:13]Isadora sits down

[9:14]Isadora narrows her eyes at Mah’ren, but she’s clearly trying not to laugh “Alright you. This means war.”

[9:14]Drake Tungsten:is still grinning at the soaked form of Isadora, but answers Alina "I doubt I can even sing on-pitch, so I’m sure you’re worlds better than me.

[9:14]Alina Mandra looks at the badge on Isa now, “Hmm…”

[9:14]Haaron:“I would prefer not to be involved in war. It would be unfair if I joined one or the other.”

[9:14]Mah’ren just grins at Isadora. “I never told you why my kind favor pranks, did I?”

[9:15]Isadora still has the badge on

[9:15]Thyzee stares at Alina

[9:15]Valore cleared her throat. “Captain Lyn. May I speak to you in private?”

[9:15]Isadora:“Oh… you don’t know the meaning of the word. But you will learn…”

[9:16]Alina Mandra:oh Val please.

[9:16]Isadora looks over at Val “Hmm? Sure.”

[9:16]Alina Mandra:it would have been so easy! Heheh

[9:16]Valore rose from her seat, gesturing for Isadora to approach

[9:16]Isadora shakes off water as she stand

[9:16]Valore leaned forward. "What do you think you are doing?

[9:17]Isadora sighs "Val. What is it.

[9:17]Valore sighed, taking a step forward. “Captain Lyn, it should be obvious. It is revenge,” With that, she attempted to slap her palm against Isa’s commbadge

[9:19]Isadora registers a mixture of absolute shock and pride, then a split second of absolute rage, then resignation as she dematerializes for the second time

[9:19]Alina Mandra looks over as the inevitable occurs, wiping a tear from her eye, "I am so proud right now…

[9:19]Valore adjusted her vest, casually returning to her seat. "Amateurs.

[9:19]Thyzee laughs again, this time louder

[9:19]Valore sits in a Lounge chair

[9:19]Drake Tungsten:gives applause for Valor

[9:19]Isadora:"VAAALOOORRREEE!!!

[9:20]Valore drew out her PADD, returning to work

[9:20]Isadora can be heard even from a distanc

[9:20]Alina Mandra falls backward in blissful amusement, giggling

[9:20]Valore:“Surprisingly, this Risa leave has been more agreeable.”

7 Likes

Shan appeared at the Clambake.

[9:47][Local]Alina Mandra@Master_Dex: I miss seeing ya around man.

[9:47][Local]Alina Mandra@Master_Dex: I think I just always miss you.

[9:47]Shan@ompgaming smiles at Alina. “It is ok. I watch you sometimes on the security cams.”

[9:48][Local]Shan@ompgaming: “It is like we are spending time together!”

9 Likes

[1:31]Veneela@chapmoniou Reaches on her right hip and pulls her tricorder out. "You will rescind that question first, Captain.

[1:33][Local]Gabriella@drcripple:"What question?

[1:34][Local]Veneela@chapmoniou:"The one where you asked if I was racist without stopping to ask yourself why a Klingon dragged a cart of souviners up a hill in a jungle.

[1:35][Local]Gabriella@drcripple:“Erm, why else would a Klingon drag a cart of souvineers up a hill in a jungle? It’s RISA. ANYTHING GOES,” she snaps. "But if you’re really going to hold my colleague ransom, then fine, I rescind

[1:35][Local]Gabriella@drcripple:question, just give me the tricorder before we lose the transporter signal,

[1:36]Veneela@chapmoniou Hands it ove

[1:37]Gabriella@drcripple takes it and then holds up her crossed fingers. “Whoops, guess it doesn’t count,” she says, and then turns with the tricorder, in an attempt to locate the transporter signal

[1:37]Gabriella@drcripple scans the environment with a tricorder

[1:38]Veneela@chapmoniou Narrows her eyes “susse’thrai” she says under her breath

In which someone has finally managed to anger the smol wholesome bean

5 Likes

[11:06]Hook@drcripple FX| The mummies start to fall back

[11:07][Local]Toss@jmh947#757:(Like, they chose to?

[11:07][Local]Hook@drcripple:(it looks like it, yep

[11:07][Local]Toss@jmh947#757:(Cringe.

[11:07]Toss@jmh947#757 keeps firing regardless as the mummies run away

[11:07][Local]Varerus@dawnalan#731:As the mummies fall back, she switches back to her weapon and takes potshots at the falling back mummies

[11:07][Emotes]Varerus@dawnalan#731:rolls 71 (1-100

[11:07][Emotes]Toss@jmh947#757:rolls 95 (1-100

[11:07][ArgoChat]Toss@jmh947#757:YOOOOOOOOO

[11:07][ArgoChat]Hook@drcripple:wow so i know my team is good at shooting fleeing enemies

[11:08][ArgoChat]Juulla@S.J.Bre:>_>

[11:08][ArgoChat]Toss@jmh947#757:ye

[11:08][ArgoChat]Toss@jmh947#757:Warcrime time

3 Likes

1:09][ArgoChat]Nexus@falconecoos:Oh yeah, I should say sorry to Thyzee as well for what Fi said

[1:09][ArgoChat]Nexus@falconecoos:xD

[1:09][ArgoChat]Nexus@falconecoos:She pointed fleet command to people xD

[1:09][ArgoChat]Thyzee@elvenlord200:i dont remember what anyone said

[1:10][ArgoChat]Nexus@falconecoos:I meant at her interview with fleet command about the situation with the planet

[1:10][ArgoChat]Valore@trionis#566:Fi fingered Thyzee as a co-conspirator so hard

[1:10][ArgoChat]Nexus@falconecoos:xD

[1:10][ArgoChat]Nexus@falconecoos:I might not have worded it like that…

[1:10][ArgoChat]Valore@trionis#566:…

[1:11][ArgoChat]Valore@trionis#566:fack

2 Likes

I’m going to put this on my wall somewhere.

10 Likes

Shan walks up holding two small boxes. One wrapped in black paper, with a pattern of shiny little golden sleighs and reindeer.
Shan holds another smaller box, all red with a green bow.
Shan: Greetings.
Shan: Happy season of long terran nights.

Aev turns his gaze to Shan. “Good evening, Lieutenant Commander. How are you?”

Shan: I am fine. I said happy season of long terran nights.
Shan clears his throat, nodding his head at the two presents.

Aev examines the presents. “Both of them? That’s unusual.”

Shan nods. “Yes. This time of year is festive and full of cheer. And egg nog.”
Shan slides into the chair.

Aev slides the plate of Osol Twists over towards Shan. “Help yourself.”

Shan he holds out the present with the glod sleighs and reindeer.
Shan: These are acceptable.
Shan he picks one up with his other hand, still holding the first present out.

Aev accepts it, getting a feel for the weight. “Thanks.”

Shan licks the twist a few times.
Shan: You are welcome, though you should be aware I did not purchase that one for you.
Shan: A stranger did. I do not know who.

Aev smirks faintly. "Or perhaps you did, and you’re trying to make me think it wasn’t you.

Shan: Do you know of anyone on the station who practices winter gift exchanges and would also want you expired, by chance?
Shan startles back a bit. “I… did not!”

Aev shrugs. “That’s exactly what someone who did get the gift would say…” He starts to open his own. “A few, I’m sure. Hopefully it doesn’t spray glitter everywhere.”

Shan narrows his eyes as he watches him open it.
Shan ::When the gift is unwrapped, the first thing that comes free is another sheet of paper that had been folded around the main gift.::
Shan ::This sheet is yellowed and aged-looking, although it’s unlikely it actually is, and simply bears a weird drawing on it that looks roughly like a constellation.::
Shan ::The actual gift appears to be a consumer holoprogram that is well-known in human entertainment, where players can simulate being a small crew on ancient water vessels …::
Shan ::…and sail around in search of treasure and whatnot. Actually, probably mostly whatnot…::
Shan: Do you know what that is?

Aev had a fairly neutral expression at the start, but he’s smiling now. “No, but it looks like quite the adventure. I’ll have to get a pirate outfit together. Oh, and drag Davin along.”

Shan: Why must you drag him? Will he fight the attempt to go? I recommend first incapacitation, then use the transporter.
Shan: He is less likely to get rug burns on his soft fleshy skin that way. Dragging can cause such damage.

Aev chuckles. “Just an expression. This actually sounds right up his alley. We’ll have a blast. Thank you for delivering this, Commander. Even though you’re pretending it wasn’t from you.”

Shan: You accuse me again of deception?
Shan: Do you know what this means?

Aev sets the paper back into the box and places it on the table. “No, but I’m looking forward to finding out.”

Shan calmly stands up, picks up the second present, placing it on the ground. He then stomps on it hard with one foot, before stepping back and leaning down to place a small chip on the crushed present.
Shan: Transporter room 3, transport marker 193582 into space on a heliocentric orbit that will decay in less than 24 hours. Out.
Shan looks down, waiting, until the small crushed present dematerializes into nothing.
Shan looks back at Aev. “Now you have learned a valuable lesson.”

Aev raises his eyebrows. “You’ve used 193581 other transport markers?”

Shan raises his chin, smuggly. “Happy season on long terran nights, Lieutenant.”
Shan heads off.

Aev waves. “Be well, Commander. Thanks for getting me the gift!”

Shan: It was NOT me!
Shan: I didn’t buy it!

9 Likes

discord / #subnet-relay

<NaToth33> Is it honorable to be bribing for votes?

<KLIN_ZHA_MASTER> WHAT COULD BE DISHONORABLE ABOUT MAKING A PROMISE AND KEEPING IT?

9 Likes

Sandford is practicing his pickup lines with Murphy, Rumiho and Sakura…

[2:16]Sandford@thetokenbrit looks at Addie. "I have some great lines.

[2:16]Murphy@lanina50 recomposes herself leaning to Sandford sensually. "K. Go.

[2:17][Local]Sakura@turtles#840:"You’ve got three judges right here.

[2:19]Sandford@thetokenbrit holds a finger up. “Hold on, gotta get into the zone.” He takes a few deep breaths before leaning in. "I don’t need a tricorder to tell me you’re in perfect shape, my eyes have been scanning you

[2:19][Local]Sandford@thetokenbrit:all night."

[2:19][Friend]@thetokenbrit has logged off

[2:19][ArgoChat]Sakura@turtles#840:Pffffffffffffffffffffffff

[2:19][ArgoChat]Sakura@turtles#840:The game hated his pick-up line so much it kicked him out

[2:20][ArgoChat]Murphy@lanina50:LOLOLOLOL

[2:19][Friend]@thetokenbrit has logged on

[2:19]Murphy@lanina50 winces out a groan

[2:20][Local]Mitsuki Rumiho@yf47dex#944:ouch.

[2:20][Local]Sakura@turtles#840:"Oh god…

[2:21]Sandford@thetokenbri looks at Sakura and Mitsuki. "No?

[2:22]Mitsuki Rumiho@yf47dex#944 crosses her arms in an X, somehow causes a buzzer sound from nowher

9 Likes