The Manda-spoiler-ian (Mandalorian Spoilers)

wrote:
wrote:
(I assume Moff Gus Fring is better established elsewhere, but I didn’t feel like I needed more context than I had. Imperial = BAD.)

Moff Gideon is a new character that hasn't been seen before, but I was more referring to the fact that Gideon was in possession of the Darksaber (The lightsaber he used to cut his way out of his crashed TIE Fighter), which technically makes him the rightful ruler of Mandalore

Well that's completely false. The weapon doesn't make him the rightful ruler of a potato. It's just the symbol of the leadership for house Vizsla. They used it to unite and rule Mandalore, after stealing it from the Jedi. It is respected for that fact, as they used the weapon (a powerful one) to complete such a task. In Mandalorian custom, to claim the weapon one must defeat the previous owner in combat (pretty sure this is inferred to be single combat), otherwise its seen as being illegitimate.

Quick edit cause its an interesting point, finding out HOW he got that blade is going to be very very interesting.
Krag and I enjoyed it -- especially the monologue with the two stormtroopers. That cracked us up. :)

Looking forward to season two!
1 Like

That was a good season opener.

Always good to see Amy Sedaris again. And a surprise cameo from Anakin Skywalkers podracer engine as Cob Vance’s speederbike? I had expected the Krait Dragon fight would end with Mando leaving the armor with Vance, something something earned it in battle, but I’m honestly glad to see my expectations subverted here.

Also, THAT WAS A FRICKIN’ KRAIT DRAGON.

In case you didn’t catch it, that closing shot at the end featured none other than Temuera Morrison, who played Janjo and the clone troopers in the prequals. Also BOBA FETT IS BACK.

1 Like

I’m already looking forward to the next episode, which I strongly suspect will feature Bob’ika politely asking for his armour back, probably with a gaffi stick to the back of Mando’s helmet.

The Way has only intensified.

2 Likes

Interesting to see how they explain the helmet thing. My only gripe and correct me if I’m wrong but the other Mandalorian’s, particularly Bo-Katan Kryze, look rather young? Sure, we never really got exact ages during the Clone Wars but if she was in her early 20 to mid 20’s for arguments sake, shouldn’t she be in her 40’s by the time the show takes place in?

Katee Sackhoff is 40…

3 Likes

By all accounts, the next episode is the first to feature less of Mando, and then comes the episode that we’ve all been waiting for.

That was a wonderful love letter to Rebels. I may be a bit biased toward Star Wars content featuring Gozantis though.

Those guys at the end reminded me of the Dark Troopers! They probably aren’t… but still cool!

2 Likes

They’re tooootally Dark Troopers, though. >_>

1 Like

Certainly look like Dark Troopers crossed with Purge Troopers.
If I were Moff Query-Inquisitor Gideon, I’d seriously reconsider sending those anywhere near a certain character, who would probably suffer a major sense of humour failure. I’m not sure where she’d try to insert them, but it probably wouldn’t be somewhere you want a Dark/Purge Trooper to go.

1 Like

Apparently descriptive text captions confirm that they’re dark troopers.

1 Like

Well, that was definitely worth the price of admission.

Takeaways: Ahsoka is still searching for Ezra. Ahsoka is slightly limited by the requirements of Live Action, and what you can manage in a week of filming. Montral design clearly limited because of requirements of live action and ability to do stunts without them falling off. Mando now has a melee weapon suitable for taking on a lightsaberist.

Give them a month and a slightly higher special effects budge, and they’d probably be doing a lot more fancy stuff. Although I couldn’t give Ahsoka more than 1 style point in each category, and none for difficulty or dynamic.

Groguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

2 Likes

HK droids!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Wow, what a turn of events… :astonished: