The Personal Log of S'Hauen Jarok

Going home

Personal log, Stardate: Classified

We've been given our orders to return to Federation space. After a few weeks of playing the role of double agent, Starfleet Intelligence has captured their man at Starfleet JAG. When I asked for the specifics, I was told that it was strictly an internal mater and that it did not concern me. From what I've been able to piece together myself, a high ranking official at JAG was taking bribes and favors in exchange for looking the other way in some recent high profile cases. How does all of this connect to us being out here? I might never know.

As we travel back to Federation space, most of the crew and myself included feel sad that we're leaving the Nechayev. We've spent almost a year aboard this ship and the crew has meshed well together during that time. Although many will probably be staying aboard, I'm being transferred off and I know my senior staff will go where ever Starfleet may send me next.

*waters his plant while he continues to dictate his log*

My future is somewhat uncertain at the moment now that our mission is over. Part of the deal I made to spare my sisters career included a demotion...my demotion. As soon as we return to the Sol system, effectively immediately I'm being reduced in rank back to Captain. Furthermore, the nature of our mission is never to be discussed by anyone under penalty of court marshal. Intel is making sure that this stain upon the Federation doesn't get out and they're being very through about it. Perhaps if the Federation didn't project itself as being so perfect, things might be a little different...but what do I know, I'm just a captain who shouldn't be concerned with internal matters.

*admires the plant and takes a seat at his desk*

*"Computer, end log."
To old friends

Personal log, Stardate: 86942.6

This Monday the senior staff and invited guests are having a farewell dinner and to remember those who have fallen in this mission that officially, never took place.

Upon arriving to the Sol system, we're to proceed to the Utopia Planitia Shipyards in which some of the crew will board transport ships to their various destinations and meanwhile a special team from Starfleet Intelligence will sweep the ship clean of all its logs and replace them with the new logs which will document where we were the past few months.

I have no doubts in my mind that the ship will also get a rehaul, the next captain of this ship will have a fine vessel and crew. I still don't know to whom I'll be transfering command to, they'll probably notify me once we arrive.

*sips some tea*

I hope they'll give me back my old command, although I wouldn't mind going back to teaching at the Academy. I suspect that most of my officers will take some shore leave and wait it out so to speak and see if I get a new command in which they would then put in their transfers to join me. *smiles to himself* their loyalty never ceases to impress me. When I first met them, I'm sure they imagined that serving under a Romulan would have been a disaster. I'll admit we've had our differences and sometimes still do but we make a good team.

I've asked First and Second to remain in Starfleet, finish their treatments and resume their careers but at this point, I think neither wants to commit to anything just yet. First has had a harder time trying to bond with the crew unlike Second, who's passion for ballet has been the talk of the crew.

*starts to undress and put on his sleeping clothes*

I haven't been fully briefed on the situation with the Klingons yet but I've heard that there might be a cease fire, at least until the Borg threat has been neutralized. Despite our attempts at trying to destrup their war effort, the Borg seem to have come out in full force.

*hangs up his uniform and sits on his bed*
*"Computer, end log."*
Kotra

Personal log, Stardate: 86944.8

We've engaged in minor skirmishes while defending mostly lightly armed Deferi ships traveling in this sector versus Borg ships. I'm not quite sure why they are traveling deeper into Borg infested space rather than away, but I suppose this sector, in general, could be considered virgin territory because of that very fact.

Otherwise, things have been relatively quiet as we return home. I finally got around to playing that Cardassian game I saw my head of security playing once with Dr.Nsech. She said it's called Kotra which favors bold tactical maneuvers over defensive play. I....didn't do so well although I did come close to beating her after I had worn down her patience enough and she started to play out of frustration. I think I enjoy seeing her get flustered...

Second will be putting on another ballet performance this week, the final performance aboard this ship before we all part ways, I plan to be in attendance.

*walks to the replicator: "a slice of chocolate cheese cake"*
*takes the plate and a fork and sits on a sofa*

I think I've grown complacent being aboard this ship, huge quarters, a cloaking device! Ah...I'll miss that for sure.

*as he's about to take a bite of his ship, the ship shakes violently and he drops the cake on the floor*

Damn it...
"Computer, end log."
That what can't be spoken

Personal log, Stardate: 86948.0

Long range sensors failed to detect that two Borg spheres had been following us for several hours and when we finally noticed, they had already begun opening fire upon us.

They knocked us out of warp and have completely disabled the third nacelle. My engineer states there is nothing he can do about it and the only a repair facility at a starbase can repair it.

The situation was getting desperate as they had really hit us hard in their initial attack before we got our shields up. As I gave the order for all ship personal to arm themselves and prepare to be boarded, two Klingon ships decloaked and engaged the Borg, destroying one sphere and critically damaging the other which hastledy warped out.

*Buries his face in his hands and takes a deep breath*

Saved by Klingons....This incident will not leave the logs of this ship. As a matter of fact, it never will once we reach Mars.

*Grins to himself*

Unlike our logs, I can't say the same for the Klingon captain who insisted on speaking to us via the view screen. The expression on his face once he realized he saved a Romulan is almost worth my own shame for being rescued by them.....almost. His first officer said something on Klingon and based on the tone he said it in, it didn't sound good. I'm quite certain their captain fought for his life as soon as they cut communications and cloaked again.

*Leans back against his sofa*

On a positive note, I've been informed that I'm getting my old command back once the ship returns from patrolling the Klingon border. I'm told that the Jellico has received a refit since handing over command. I'm looking forward to being back aboard my old ship again immensely.

*picks up a padd and examines some progress reports*

Also, I've been notified of who will be the next captain of the Nechayev, his name is Captain Zoloc. I don't think I've heard of him before but I assume he must be a capable captain if Starfleet is to give him this command.
A few hours

Personal log, Stardate: 86955.9

*looks at a mirror as I dries his face with a towel*

*"Computer, begin log."*

Fvadt...I look like as if I've aged five years.

*continues to stare into the mirror, turning head from side to side*

We're a few hours from arriving at Mars. I allowed the crew to have a small celebration in ten forward once we crossed into Federation space.

The ballet performance was last night, Second moved very gracefully, I think she'll have a very bright career in ballet once she finishes her treatments.

*walks out of the lavatory and replicates some tea*

I was discussing with the senior staff about having a rematch of the Velocity game we lost. Considering it may be the last time this crew will be together in the way that it is, they all felt that we should try to redeem ourselves before the story of our defeat passes down to the next crew of the ship. I've requested a trophy to be made to commerate the event, regardless of who wins, the trophy will go on display in ten forward and bare the name of the founder of the games aboard the ship, the Lt.O'Neal Velocity trophy.

*sips his tea and sits down on the sofa and relaxes*

I briefly spoke to my sister today, she informed me that the investigation into her wrongdoing has been dropped and that she's dropped out of her Psychology courses and returned to Command.

*shakes his head*

I knew that she was a bit immature and at times rebellious, but I thought she'd of grown out of that behavior during the Academy but I was wrong. She's still the same old T'Rhiu...and I'm the same old veruul, bailing out his rinam.

*sips his tea and looks around his quarters with a look of sadness*

Well, I need to get to the bridge.

*"Computer, end log"*
Return of the NX-Nechayev

Personal log, Stardate: 86958.5

*Folding some clothing while he dictates the log*

Well, we finally arrived at Mars and completed docking procedures about thirty minutes ago. The repair crews are already descending upon the ship and I expect officials from Starfleet Intelligence to arrive any minute now. Last night was the rematch between the senior staff and the champions of the Velocity tournament, we lost again by one point. We all hoped we'd leave this ship as champions, instead we'll probably leave behind stories of our defeat which will circle these corridors long after we're gone.

I've been told the ship will receive a refit, I wish I could be here to see it but I already know where I'm going after my business is complete here.

*lays out his dress uniform on the bed as he finishes to pack his clothing and personal items*

The change of command ceremony will take place in an hour, I haven't had a chance to speak to Captain Zoloc but I suppose there isn't much to say that he probably doesn't already know. I'm scheduled to have dinner with Dr.Nsech later today after the ceremony and Intel is done telling me what I already know. I'm not quite sure where she plans to go from here, I assume back to Cardassian space. I think I'll try and keep in touch with her, she's...pretentious and stubborn and a difficult woman to speak to....but I find myself oddly attracted to her.

*stares outside his window briefly as he sees various shuttles zip by and other ships being worked on then sighs*

Chances are the Intel work crews will wipe out the computers memory banks, including personal logs so this will be my last recording aboard the Nechayev.

This mission began under false pretenses and has ended without anyone ever knowing it happened except for those who participated in it. A lot of good men and women died under my command aboard this ship but we've also done our share to help the Federation win the war against the Borg and for that we've done our duty as Starfleet officers and no one can take that honor away from us.

*Puts his dress uniform on and looks at a mirror to make sure it's alright. Picks up his belongings and tucks his plant underneath his arm*

*"Computer, end log."*