Through the Looking Glass

When colonists go missing, the U.S.S. Endeavour begins to investigate…

Shift Time: Gamma. See Shift Schedule and Weekly Meetups for details.

Audience: OPEN

Event Type: Structured

Starting Point: Fleet colony map.

This is a U.S.S. Endeavour event. All welcome, but no other ships allowed. A prologue has been supplied below for those who wish to have a better understanding of the mission.

Prologue

The U.S.S. Endeavour dropped out of warp in the system and began to move to orbit the third planet, an M-Class planet that a number of intrepid Federation citizens had decided to colonise a year ago.

“Okay Commander,” Ayesha said, looking at Tasha. “I would like you to assemble a team to begin an assessment of the colony for Command,”

“You want me to go?” Tasha asked, perking her eyebrows.

“Considering that Commander Samaras is not here at present, yes,” Ayesha responded.

“Roger that,” Tasha nodded and stood, just as a message came in for the ship.

“Incoming hail from the colony, ma’am,” Riomi said.

“Put it on, Lieutenant,” Ayesha said in response, turning her attention back to the screen. A Rigellian civilian appeared, sitting in an office.

“Good Morning, Starfleet,” the Rigellian smiled.

Ayesha adopted a cool, well-practised professional smile, that barely extended past her lips. “Good Morning,” she responded. “I am Captain Mirazuni of the starship Endeavour. We’ve come for a routine check up of the colony,”

The Rigellian nodded. “I am Governor Srouba. Yes, we were informed of your arrival. I have to say, you are impeccably on time. I am ready to meet your away team,”

The edges of Ayesha’s lips flexed upwards lightly, once again in a purely professional manner. “We run on a tight schedule, Governor, and have many such engagements to attend. Our away team will beam over soon,”

“I await them eagerly, Captain,”

Ayesha nodded and cut the transmission from her chair. As soon as the screen flickered off, her professional smile vanished. “They have missing colonists,”

Tasha looked at Ayesha, slightly surprised at how she reached that conclusion, before remembering that she was telepathic. “Missing how?”

“You are going to find out, Commander,” Ayesha replied calmly. “The colonists are scared. The governor is struggling to keep it under control. You and your team are to render assistance as necessary. And by necessary, I mean, find out how these colonists are going missing. Understood?”

“Yes, Captain,”

“Good,” she nodded and leaned back in her chair, taking out her PADD and reading.

Tasha took this to mean dismissed and did so.

1 Like

rescheduled!