To Captain Varley - ENCRYPTED -

To: CAPT Varley, L.
CC:
Subj: To Captain Varley - ENCRYPTED -

Hello Captain,

I am sorry for not writing a few hours sooner, but there has been a lot on my plate lately.

I want to make you aware of a situation on your station that I was clued into a few days ago, and may now require the attention of some of your officers. Hopefully, just a watchful eye, that turns out to have been for nothing but caution.

I don’t know if you are aware of my Chief Tactical Officer, Lieutenant Ansha Bast Wind-People, and how she is, essentially a sapient fungal colony in vaguely Andorian form, but green. Until a few days ago, we had assumed mostly unique outside her home world, wherever that is (which is unknown to her as well).

Another of her kind, one Charvas Aukle-Wiish, appearing almost indistinguishable from an Orion male, has appeared on your station, bypassing the transporter to avoid a genetic scan by using a passenger ship. I have met him in the lounge, and he is actually quite forthcoming, surprisingly, and friendly. He is the one who probably needs watching, but for his own safety, not that of others.

I was notified of him by Starfleet Intelligence, and their concerns both for Lieutenant Wind-People, and what those of her kind may do after making contact with her. They apparently have an instinctual drive to seek “sublime” experiences, and share them in a manner that seems not entirely dissimilar to the Founders of the Dominion, and how they “link” through physical contact. There is some concern both for what they could learn from the Lieutenant, but also some darker rumblings that Intelligence has picked up on. Some rumors that someone is seeking to use them and their abilities to grow and mature quickly, as well as sharing information.

Enter Charvas’ “cousin” Evoch, who is said to appear much as a very green-skinned Vulcan or Romulan. Charvas said he has had this sharing of experiences with him, but that certain things were kept from him, and he only saw brief flashes from Evoch about what it is he does for a living. It was described as “Something military.”

This could all very well be for nothing, but I have a bad gut feeling here, that Evoch is using Charvas for something like recruiting to a darker purpose he isn’t even aware of, when one considers the rumors Intelligence picked up on. So I have not informed Lieutenant Wind-People yet, as I don’t know if she has some sort of biological imperative to share experiences. I trust her, but I am afraid the situation could end up bad despite her best intentions. So, I agree with Intelligence about keeping this very quiet for now, but I think the time has come that you need to be informed.

My contact at Starfleet Intelligence in this, one Captain Regiatta Tohanna, has probably already made contact with some of your security staff, and is on your station. I think it would be best for now if this stays with you, and whomever she talks to in Security for now, probably Commander Warner.

With any luck, we will find out that this Evoch is an upstanding gentleman, and rumors and gut feelings were unfounded. Then the three of them can have a nice family reunion as it were.

But I hope you agree that keeping a subtle eye out is probably the prudent course here.

I am sorry, again, for not bringing you into this sooner since your station is where things are unfolding for now, but I believe the greatest risks here are to one of my crew, and another of her kind, not your station. Right now, Charvas does not know that Lieutenant Wind-People serves on my ship, just that I may have met her once, and think I know how to get a hold of her, and I’d like to keep it that way for now, for her safety.

The Lieutenant may not forgive me for not telling her about this all immediately, but if there’s even a chance that they could use her for classified information, or worse, be engaged in person-trafficking targeted at her kind, I won’t apologize for being cautious.

Still, this message is being sent a bit later than I had intended, and I do apologize to you for that. Again.

//SIGNED//
Captain Drake Tungsten
Commanding Officer,
USS Dragon

5 Likes