Stardate 94160.7
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO CMDR Sivath, LCDR E. Kermit, CMDR Mandra, CMDR P'Tok
CC CMDR Caspius
FROM CAPT Thiessen
SUBJ 2492/Teleraptor Implementation
4OB3P0J.png

Commanders,

In regards to the general orders posted by Rear Admiral Konieczko and the very close encounter our station had with Species 2492, I'd like to push forward on ensuring stability with Project Teleraptor and find a way in which we can prepare and implement potential 2492 countermeasures aboard station ASAP.

I have spoken with Commander Mandra on this subject, as CMDR T'Pok has been conducting similar experiments himself it may be that the research occurring in Science at this moment could continue to assist to the success of this ongoing project.

DS13 has been outfitting the starships in our station in a rotating basis. It's time we put these defenses on our station, in case a situation like this occurs again.

To head this off at the pass, Commander Sivath, I am aware Engineering is under a considerable workload with ship repairs. Given that civilian ships were taken from our space, this is going to require a priority status alongside any essential repairs.

//SIGNED//

Captain Tau Thiessen
Commanding Officer, Deep Space Thirteen
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 94164.1

zpglS1t.png
TO CAPT Thiessen, Tau
CC CMDR Caspius
FROM CMDR Sivath
SUBJ Re: 2492/Teleraptor Implementation
4OB3P0J.png

Teleraptor hardware configuration profiles already built for DS13, but graviton beam requires functional particle emitters. Emitter array crippled in recent encounter by enemy malware. Repairs in progress, but DS13 remains vulnerable to similar attack. Require isolated sample of malware for study to develop effective countermeasure.

//SIGNED//
Commander Sivath
Engineering Dept., Deep Space 13
4 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 94164.1
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO CMDR Hanson, LCDR J. Kermit
CC CMDR Caspius, CMDR Sivath
FROM CAPT Thiessen
SUBJ Fwd: 2492/Teleraptor Implementation
4OB3P0J.png

Understood, Commander. Unfortunate but not unexpected.

Ops, please see the prior request to provide samples of the datapacket. Any data transfer Engineering will need to utilize will need to take place manually and on secured, separate data drives following the procedures put into place by Ops. This is for escalation of our 2492 defense implementation and must be completed as quickly as possible.

//SIGNED//

Captain Tau Thiessen
Commanding Officer, Deep Space Thirteen
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 94164.2

zpglS1t.png
TO CAPT Thiessen, Tau
CC CMDR Caspius, CMDR Sivath
FROM CMDR Mandra
SUBJ RE: 2492/Teleraptor Implementation
4OB3P0J.png

I've talked to some of my teams. I am aware Cmdr. Sivath has made good progress on Teleraptor already so that should be largely capable from what I've read. That being said I do have a team studying subspace quartz which has properties that can be utilized to manipulate space-time in unique ways as well as subspace in even more substantial ways. More work would be needed to see if it can affect wormholes though as that has not been a direct focus on the research before. Also the amount of the material in our possession is rather small and a subject of constant requests for searches from the research team. So I'll leave that up to leadership if they think that is worth looking into with anymore priority that it has had. I expect due to Engineering's current successes thus far it might not be needed as anything more than a backup perhaps.

I'm also willing to utilize my expertise on computer coding to examine the offending code used on us if we do manage a safe sample as well.

//SIGNED//
Commander Alina Mandra
Acting Chief, Science Department
Deep Space 13
4 Likes