Anides V Blockade - JSI

To: SrADM tr’Rehu, Tokkra
Subj: Anides V Blockade

Senior Admiral,

It has come to my attention that a Republic Battle Group is stationed in orbit of Anides V, a Federation colony. This battlegroup recently refused a Starfleet vessel access to their own colony. Starfleet admiralty will undoubtedly be made aware of this within 24 hours and sortie a force to remove this group.

The Federation vessel reported an unknown biological agent wreaking havoc on the human population while leaving the Romulans on the surface almost entirely untouched. This is not a coincidence. The facts point to the Republic being at least complicit or at worst directly responsible for biological warfare against an ally.

I remain under standing orders to avoid the colony, up to and including requests for aid. In light of recent information I am now on record as declaring those orders unlawful. I will not idly stand-by while such actions are carried out under the Republic Flag. Barring a reply that satisfies Republic and Alliance law on the matter I will be ordering my warbirds to the colony to assist in the removal of this battlegroup and to render immediate aid to the colonists.

I await further.

//SIGNED//
Wing Commander Miral
JSI Commander - Aldebaran

8 Likes

To: WCDR Miral
Subj: Re: Anides V Blockade

Shaoi Ben Wing Commander. You have stepped into a nei’rrh’s nest.

Previous orders disallowing emergency responses are overruled on my authority. However, you will take no action whatsoever to assist or hinder Starfleet’s current or future planned efforts to access the Anides colony. You will not allow yourself or your squadron to be placed in any related situation, real or apparent, in which JSI units are at odds with other RRF units.

Rest assured, we are not going to war today. There will be no conflict over Anides, and no need for you to show your support for the alliance in such an overt fashion. This matter is being handled with the Federation administration by the Proconsul and Fleet Admiral Kererek.

Maintain cordial relations with your corresponding fleet and await further information.

//SIGNED//
khre’Enriov Tokkra tr’Rehu
Republic Exchange Commission
New Romulus Command

7 Likes

To: SrADM tr’Rehu, Tokkra
Subj: RE: Anides V Blockade

Senior Admiral,

Orders received and understood.

In light of the recent de-escalation I am requesting permission to launch an investigation into the origination of the orders to blockade Anides V as well as the on scene commander’s actions.

//SIGNED//
Wing Commander Miral
JSI Commander - Aldebaran

5 Likes

To: WCDR Miral
Subj: Re: Anides V Blockade

Permission granted. However, matters are somewhat farther along than you are aware. The orders originated with Subadmiral Pojaik, formerly a Sector Commander. The warbirds at Anides V were diverted there under specific orders, and were not provided any additional information or context.

The Subadmiral himself is presently missing, and therefore unable to provide an explanation for his actions. If you manage to track him down, his account may prove enlightening. His rank and authorization have been revoked, and word of his “retirement” has been made quite public, limiting the areas in which he might hide.

Naturally, this information is not to be shared with the Federation.

//SIGNED//
khre’Enriov Tokkra tr’Rehu
Republic Exchange Commission
New Romulus Command

6 Likes