Antediluvian Apprehension [COMPLETE]

Antediluvian Apprehension: Into the Abyss

Stardate:
5YS73M-3RR0R
Directed By:
@Maikull

The USS Sun-Tzu drops out of warp just before the asteroid belt, setting Deflectors to full as a precaution, it begins to scan the perimeter.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: Alright step one, locate the Probe left out here. Any signs of it?

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : Well, I have bad news, good news, and bad news…

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: Of course, why would this be easy? Go ahead with your Roller coaster…

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : Bad news is, the probe is not at the pre-determined coordinates left by the Dallas. Good news, I am picking up its transponder signals.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: And the other bad news?

[LCDR] V’era:: That is the other bad news, were receiving duplicated signals all from within the asteroid belt. Its like the frequency is pinging off various metallic asteroids and sending back a ghost signal, but not to fear. The frequencies are showing minor signs of degredation, just need to get in there and chase the strongest one.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: You mean, go INTO the asteroid belt itself?

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: Well he did say bad news.

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: “Think we will be ok flying it?”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “I can do it, just gatta keep shields up”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Well no sense in us coming all this way to turn around now. Zach take over helm. Jess, take tactical. Pi and Uni, stay on sensors. Bridge to Engineering.

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: Go ahead sir.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Kiff, were going into the asteroid belt to play hide-and-seek with this probe. Give me full power to shields.”

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: confused “Uhh…Ok sir!”

There is a brief moment as everyone shuffles to their new positions for a moment before giving the signal they are prepped and ready.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Yellow alert, Activate Ablative Shielding and take us in Mr. Brannigan.”

The hull of the ship reverberated energy as the impulse engines kicked on, and the Battleship turned to enter the Asteroid Field in search of the missing probe.

OOCFor reasons unknown yet, the computer is unable to pull up the accurate stardate of this mission. But I can assure you it takes place immediately after Back in the Saddle - #8 by Maikull and a few days before the Argo Risa Shor leave Begins! Also trying to take the spirit of ‘Short Stories’ to heart, no promises

2 Likes

Antediluvian Apprehension: I think were onto something…

Stardate:
5YS73M-3RR0R
Directed By:
@Maikull

Two figures bounce on the surface of a rocky terrain, recoiling along with the low atmosphere as the lights from their Federation Environmental Suits illuminate their path ahead of them.

[LCDR] V’era:: “Im not picking up a damn thing on my Tricorder.”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “The Magnetic interference within this asteroid is strong enough to prevent transport, did you really think tricorders were going to work?”

[LCDR] V’era:: “No, but I was trying out optimism.” *Her pouty expression was apparent in the manner in which she stuffed her tricorder back into her satchel. *

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Our best bet would be to head to a higher altitude and survey the topography visually.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “You think we will be able to see it from that far up?”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Well its dark as hell out here, and if the probe is transmitting, it’s bound to be flashing bright lights. Couldn’t hurt your optimism.”

Vera smirked under her helmet, as the pair ascended a rocky rise in near silence. Occasionally she would look up, seeing the spatial gasses in the sky, lamenting on their beauty before catching up with the Xb. As they reached the Apex of the cliff face, Pi leaned his right foot on one of the rocks, leaning half of his body weight on it as he leaned in, using his free hand to ‘shield’ his vision from the incoming solar rays. Vera tried to look too, but without additional equipment she did not think to pack, it was best to let the cybernetically enhanced one do the looking.

[LCDR] V’era:: “Tell me Pi, what do your Borg eyes see?!” She teased, looking to break the monotony of the mission

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : he chuckled at her joke, knowing his affinity for old earth fantasy. “I’m about to see how well Optimistic Romulan Warbird can fly out here.” He sneered back.

Taking off the glove on his right hand, (much to the initial shock of Vera) and reaching for his Tricorder. A mechanical slit opened up on his wrist, as two wires shot into the tricorder, interfacing with it. The screen changed and Vera could now see what he was looking at. Turning once more to face the north east segment of the Asteroid, the screen picked up a feint blip of flashing red light

[LCDR] V’era:: Vera frowned at this “That’s like…3 kilometers away.” She pouted in protest

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “3.21869 to be precise. And the ground is not stable enough for us to go back and try to land the shuttle closer. We will have to go on foot. Don’t complain, not like you’re the one carrying the pattern enhancers.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “Oh don’t nag about that, there is virtually no gravity on this rock.” She quickly quipped back.

Pi turned to her, the look on his face was virtually condescending, as she had inadvertently made -HIS- point about complaining. As he turned to start the trek down towards the beacon, she pursed her lips

[LCDR] V’era:: “you know, I probably would have grasped Vulcan logic a lot better if my father was a smartass like you.”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : He chuckled to himself “Backhanded complement is still a complement, and extremely Vulcan of you.”

The two continued for about half an hour at a steady pace, starting and stopping idle chit-chat as they went along.

[LCDR] V’era:: So what’s your take on the big ‘development’?”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “I don’t know what your talking about…” he said defensively

[LCDR] V’era:: “About Stern being pregnant!?”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Oh for Queen’s sake Uni…” He stopped in his tracks and tapped his commbadge “Pi to Mark-0”

The Security Officer onboard the shuttlecraft parked on the Asteroid answers the hail, as he starts to hit buttons on the terminal in front of him

[LCDR] Mark-0: “Way ahead of ya… it -appears- that the magnetic distortions on the surface is preventing the shuttle’s computer from recording our comms. Should be safe for a few.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “What?!” she asked, stopping as well, confused

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “You do realize our commanders, minus the Klingon Harmacist are ex-Starfleet Spooks right. Can’t be saying that over comms and NOT expect them to hear us.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “Are we good now?” she asked, uncertain of herself now

[LCDR] Mark-0: “Were good Uni.”

Vera and Pi continued back walking towards their destination.

[LCDR] V’era:: “Your chief of security, and Barron confides in you. What do you know?”

[LCDR] Mark-0: “ME? I don’t know anything. I didn’t know about the Nurse in Sickbay trying to override security protocols to destroy a medical tricorder. I certainly didn’t take said Tricorder into custody and download its contents. And I would never have encrypted said data to high heaven once I realized what was on it.” The holographic officer responded sarcastically.

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “So then, she is pregnant?”

[LCDR] Mark-0: “Damn it J, I’m a Security Program, not a doctor. All I know it there was one scan, and two sets of DNA Markers. Make that what you will…”

[LCDR] V’era:: “Pi, your 2nd In command, they didn’t tell you?” she continued to press

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Nope…And don’t give me that, you and Jessie are besties, so if she didn’t tell you something that personal, she damn sure isn’t going to tell me.”

[LCDR] Mark-0: “Well statistically speaking, if they were to tell someone, you and me would be the prime targets, as they can go in and modify our memory much easier than the organics.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “I just think its weird he sent her to that relay station…Kiff was all packed and ready to go himself, that was way more in his field. And I mean, that odd ‘We’ll talk later’ Admiral Bishop gave them before we left?”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Plausible argument for pregnancy. We were expecting a ship-to-ship confrontation. Safest place for her to have been was on that station.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “I’m going to ask her when we get back.”

[LCDR] Mark-0: “Here lies Alice, went down a rabbit hole that was too deep and broke her curious little neck”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Did you want to be buried on Vulcan, or amid the remnants of the Hobus system?”

The three continued to jeer each other for a few more minutes before the two excursionist came upon their target

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Pi to Marc-O, were in place, go ahead and restore comms.”

[LCDR] Mark-0: “Done”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Away Team to Sun-Tzu”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: “Reading you now Away Team, we lost connection with you for a little bit there, got worried.”

[LCDR] Mark-0: “Yea, sorry about that…magnetic storms must have kicked up and blocked our signal. But it seems to have died down.”

Pi and Vera snicker to themselves for a moment

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “We have located the probe, and are setting up Pattern Enhancers now.”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: “That’s clear, we will have shuttle bay ready for your return. Stern Out.”

[LCDR] Mark-0: “I’m coming around to pick ya’ll up, hang tight.”

The two work quickly to set up the Tri-Pods around the Probe and activate the pattern enhancers. Mark-0 fly’s the shuttle overhead and the two plus their probe cargo materialize off the asteroid surface onto the Shuttle.

OOC Updating Posting format with NEW Forum Codes. Ignore any LCARS Ref-Flags, ill fix them here soon. Special Thanks to @Sam for helping me get the Screenshots with the “Probe”

5 Likes

Antediluvian Apprehension: Scientific Technobabble

Stardate:
5YS73M-3RR0R
Directed By:
@Maikull

Vera sits at one of the Rear Science Terminals on the Sun-Tzu’s bridge, as Barron, Stern, and Pi stand around her, ready for the Half Vulcan/Half Romulan to go over the data recordings left by the probe

[LCDR] V’era:: “So the asteroids, at least on the surface, are composed of 98% Alnico 5 Metal, which explains the magnetic flux density is so strong. Alnico 5 has some of the highest coercivity and retentivity ratios among hard magnetic metals…” she began to ramble on

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: leaning towards Pi in a hushed tone “English?”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : leaning in, also in a hushed tone to the two commanding officers “Coercivity is the capability for a metal substance to hold a magnetic charge. Retentivity is the amount of magnetism it can hold even after the ‘charging’ magnetic force has stopped”

[LCDR] V’era:: realizing they had stopped paying attention, and overhearing Pi’s explanation, she turned to face them “In Laymen’s terms, someone has supercharged these two metallic asteroids to hold a perpetual gravitational field with one another. As were other bodies in the belt experience stellar drift, these two maintain the exact distance from one another.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: realizing he was caught straightens back up and clears his throat “Oh yea…No…I knew that. Please, continue!”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: rolling her eyes at Maikull “I thought the thermal rockets the Dallas scanned on the surface is what maintained their position?”

[LCDR] V’era:: “No, the Thermal Rockets are positioned on the exterior facing sides of the Asteroids, in various positions, I would assume to help guide or move them as a whole. Scans from the probe actually show that interior facing craters house particle emitters, which I’m assuming is what helps maintain the ‘shielding’ between the two.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “What do we know about the shielding?”

[LCDR] V’era:: “35km in Diameter between the axis points of the two asteroids. The field is incredibly low level, actually tangible to solid matter. The Probe registered several astral bodies passing through it like nothing. It appears to just be there to maintain the Radiation from within.”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Just Alpha Radiation, right?”

[LCDR] V’era:: “Yup, Scans indicate it to be the radioisotope Bismuth-209, it has an extremely long alpha-decay that could last centuries. Its emanating from a mass on the opposite facing peeks, pouring into the shielded section.”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: “And the breach?”

[LCDR] V’era:: “That one is a little…odd. It registers 7km in diameter on this facing side of the shield, only about a 5% total opening…” She brings up the diagram showing the red circle in the shielded area on the view screen “But some sort of energy signature is preventing the field from reforming in that area. I don’t know if its intentional or not. Almost like a hole in an uncomplete holo-program.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “So now what?”

[LCDR] V’era:: “Well, initial scans from the Dallas confirmed there is an interior structure inside, but RADAR readings from the probe have found multiple ‘ports’ leading into the asteroid at various other instances, and that its interior could potentially be much larger than anticipated.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “What are you implying?”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : also looking at the data on the screen “Sir, if these readings are correct…this could imply that the entire asteroid structure; both of them infarct, are completely manufactured.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “Everything still looks on par with what we already assumed through previous examination, just…an away team would have far more to explore than anticipated.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Risks?”

[LCDR] V’era:: “Alpha-Radiation Exposure, out Enviro-Suits should negate that. The extreme magnetic interference on these two would legitimately make communication with the ship all but non-existent…”

Both Pi and Mark-0 coughed/cleared their throats on this at the same time, casusing Stern to perk up some at the bridge officers.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: choosing to ignore her tone of phrase “Any additional links to Iconian Technology?”

[LCDR] V’era:: “No, not here. There is still the matter of…whatever they discovered at the coronasphere of the systems star, but nothing here indicates anything close to our level of technology, let alone superior.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: Takes a deep breath and exhales a sigh “Ok. Your clear for an away mission. 5-man team, 2 security mandatory, just in case. You have a 60-minute window to scout the interior and report back to the ship. I want all team members tagged with isoliner homing beacons. Hopefully it will help cut through the interference. I’ll have Kiff program them to beam you back to the shuttle If you haven’t reported back in 90-minutes. We will play it by ear from there once we know more.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “Thank you Sir!” she said bolting from her seat “I already know who I want to take with me!”

OOC SOOO, we know Star Trek likes to Techno-babble explain things. This is my take on that. I did do some research on magnetic fields, and radiation, etc, so I tried to keep it SOMEWHAT plausible for our more intellectually inclined members!

5 Likes

Antediluvian Apprehension: What could go wrong?

Stardate:
5YS73M-3RR0R
Directed By:
@Maikull

It was cold and dark inside the asteroid. Vera and her team utilized their Enviro Suit’s built-in headlamps to help navigate the maze of hollowed out rock and metal. The interior was encased in almost an icy coating, with spears of ice hanging from the ceiling and protruding from the floor. Perhaps this once held an atmosphere which froze over once exposed to the vacuum of space? Either way the away team were not openly vocal about their opinions as they traversed the empty tunnels, just in case they weren’t so empty.

The security personnel assigned to the team were very keen on making sure the area was fully secure before anyone attempted to ‘dive into their work’; and as history had shown, that was a well-regarded practice no one here was going to skimp out on. Given the undefined nature of the asteroid they were on, they weren’t even sure if there might be life-forms still onboard. Though initial scans claimed otherwise, the general composition of the structure skewed their scans after a certain distance.

[Security] Ens.McMillan:: “Lieutenant”

As the Security Officer called out, the other two scientist jumped a little. V’era and the Senior Security officer turned their attention from the front.

[Security] Lt.Juzruz:: “Alright everyone, lets just take a second and relax. I know it’s a little spooky, but there is a big difference in being alert, and being anxious.” The Trill Security officer said, trying to calm the two scientist who clearly did not get out of the lab very often.

[LCDR] V’era:: “Go ahead Ensign, what have you got?” Vera responded while the Lieutenant calmed the others.

[Security] Ens.McMillan:: “Looks like a console or something, 15 meters ahead.” The Human Female responded, pointing her rifle down the dark corridor. The security officers had an advantage as their pulse rifles came with thermal/night vision scopes which linked with their suit’s HUD.

[LCDR] V’era:: Vera removed her headlamp and held it above her, trying to make the beam of light travel farther down the corridor to see if she could make out what the Security officer was seeing. “Ok, we will go check that out. V’Rel, Lemor, you two good?” she asked, turning to her two scientists.

[Geologist] SrSpc.V’Rel:: “I will not hinder the mission, commander.” The Vulcan Geologist responded in a calm tone

[Researcher] Lt.Lemor:: “Yes Ma’am, sorry, just so damn dark in here. Can’t wait till we can find some lights.”

[Security] Lt.Juzruz:: “If they still work!” the Trill chuckled raising his scope to look at where the ensign was directing. “Landing Parties always get the fun of the unknown!”

The away team pressed on, with Ensign McMillan leading in the direction of her ‘console’ until they came upon a machined metal pillar. As the two security officers scanned the perimeter with their weapons, Vera and her two scientists immediately began scanning with their tricorders. The console in question stuck out like an abandoned vehicle overgrown in a forest. The metal composites were not the same as the make-up of the asteroid itself, and sitting on the ‘shelf’ of what looked like a podium were two devices that almost resembled old earth ‘walkie-talkies’.

After several minutes of scanning for electromagnetic signatures, radiation levels, structural x-rays, and everything else they could think of, V’era put her Tricorder down and felt comfortable enough to take one of the ‘devices’ off the podium. Accumulated dust fell from the device revealing a couple of buttons on the main face.

[LCDR] V’era:: “Juzruz, get ready. Were about to see what this does.” She announced out loud, holding out the device.

Juzruz and McMillian closed in with the rest of the group as V’era pressed one of the buttons on the rudimentary analog device. The Podium face began to shine brightly with an unexplainable internal light source before the team could feel the undeniable tingle of an active transport. As the light faded and the feeling subsided, the two security officers dropped low with their rifles out as they once again scanned the area, while Vera and the other scientist began scanning once more.

[Security] Ens.McMillan:: “Looks the same…”

[Researcher] Lt.Lemor:: “No, we have defiantly moved. Several meters below our previous location.”

[Geologist] SrSpc.V’Rel:: “The composite material in the walls have also changed in density, this supports the Lieutenant’s observation”

[LCDR] V’era:: “This tunnel is shorter than the one we came from, it looks like it opens into a large space.”

[Security] Lt.Juzruz:: “Any signs of life?”

[LCDR] V’era:: “No, but when has that ever stopped lifeforms?”

[Security] Lt.Juzruz:: “Well Yee-haw!” The Lt. remarks as he moves to take point and escort the group

Again the team moves in silence, Vera holstering her Tricorder in favor for a Phaser as they exit the corridor into a large opening. McMillian withdraws a small orb-like construct from her pack and tosses it up into the air. The small sensor drone lights up and begins to buzz around them for a moment before zipping out into the darkness. The small drone’s lights shine around the room briefly lighting up support beams, tables, more consoles, and shear surfaces against the wall. The room itself appeared to be about as large as a transport hanger bay on a space-station. Vera contemplated if the Sun Tzu could fit inside if it were all hallowed out.

Juzruz and McMillian were trained on their Rifles, scanning around the room as the Drone flew overhead, expecting that if any un-suspecting guests were present the drone would attract their attention and draw them out. After another few minutes the drone returns to Ensign McMillan, who retrieves it from the air and passes it to one of the scientists. Lt. Lemor takes the drone and connects her Tricorder to it, downloading its sensor logs.

[Researcher] Lt.Lemor:: “Looks like its all empty. No movement, heat signatures, or life signs detected.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “Alright, Juzruz with V’Rel, McMillan with Lemor. Fan out. I saw a lot of consoles, one of them has to be a power junction. Let’s see if we can’t at least get the lights on in here. If you’re not 100% sure, don’t touch it. Let’s try to keep the surprise transports to a minimum.”

[Security] Ens.McMillan:: “Good thing I took engineering at the Academy” She joked as she took her place with the Acamarian Research Scientist

The teams fanned out, with Lt. Juruz’s team skirting the left side of the room, and Lt. Lemor’s team edging the right. V’era pressed on ahead with the tiny drone floating around her now attempting to find a console to review. After about 15 minutes of searching, the teams had only managed to cover the first half of the room. Vera and Lemor’s team had crossed paths, with the Lt.Commander now placing her hand on what felt like a glass structure against the right wall. The light of her helmet shined into the surface, but it only showed more darkness. Was there another room on the other side, the light was not reflecting back like it normally would?

[Geologist] SrSpc.V’Rel:: “Commander, I think we have found a power junction. We should be able to initiate a restart if you desire.” The Vulcan stated over comms

[LCDR] V’era:: Tapping her own comm badge “Go ahead and give it a shot. Everyone ready themselves.”

There was a loud humming noise that filled the room followed by a series of booming ‘clicks’. With every click, light could be seen appearing from behind the shear walls down by the entrance where the team came in, and lighting up down the line towards them. V’era stepped back some from the surface in front of her awaiting to see what the light had instore. But as the light clicked on, V’era could hear an audible gasp, both from herself and from behind her.

[Security] Lt.Juzruz:: In a worried tone “Uhhh, Commander, Ma’am, you might want to come see this.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “I…I see something too…”

[Security] Ens.McMillan:: “What the fuc—”

OOC Wooo Hoo, a “to be continued” seemed a little too rhetorical to actually post! VERY special thank you to @Adelaide for helping me screenshot and photoshop the last picture! Looks amazing!!

6 Likes

Antediluvian Apprehension: Didn’t see that coming

Stardate:
5YS73M-3RR0R
Directed By:
@Maikull

[30 minutes Prior]

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Sir, Shuttlecraft Stockholm has entered the Asteroid’s interior, and we no longer have signal.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “That’s clear, set the clock for 60-minutes. If they don’t respond by then, prep a secondary shuttle, Mark-0, you’ll command a search and rescue team to go after them.”

[LCDR] Mark-0: “Aye sir.”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: leaning back in her chair next to Maikull “Speaking of which, what did V’era mean by ‘legitimately’ lose connection?”

Both Mark-0 and Pi looked away for a moment as the two desperately tried to look for a means to change the subject, however their wish came true in the form of a proximity alarm.

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “Bogie coming in fast out of nowhere…” he reviews the readings on his terminal, and his face goes pale, quickly working his terminal, he activates the ship-wide broadcast “ALL HANDS BRACE FOR IMPACT!”

There was only a brief moment where Barron began to perk up to question when the view screen lit up with what lay before them. It was all he could do to throw himself back into his chair before contact

The asteroid collided with the starship’s aft-starboard shields which nearly buckled completely on initial impact. The Sun Tzu’s Impulse Engines burned brightly as it skids along the surface of the asteroid that was already rolling over the ship from the initial contact, desperately trying to get away. Despite trying to divert power to the effected side, the primary shields failed completely as the surface of the asteroid made contact with the armored nacelle. The Ablative Shielding did its job and maintained the Nacelle itself, however the Support Strut connecting it to the star drive section began to crack under the pressure as the ship was rolled sideways. Inertial dampers failed as the occupants all over the ship are tossed violently inside. The Sun Tzu’s Capacitance Cell’s burn brightly as it manages to skirt past the tail end of the asteroid and break free, spiraling out of control for a moment before the engines are cut completely, and various sections of the ship black-out

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “REPORT!” he shouted, picking himself off the ground and checking the nearest crewmen, who happened to be Stern. She had blood coming from her nose, but she shook her head indicating she was fine

[LCDR] Mark-0: “Massive Asteroid struck the starboard nacelle. Structural Integrity fields in that section have failed. Main power was cut from Engineering shortly after contact. Injury reports coming from all over the ship.” he reported from the tactical station

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “Sir that thing was twice our size, and coming at us close to ¾ Impulse speed! It was not moving a minute ago. Sorry for jumping the gun, but if I didn’t raise shields when I did…” he turned from his console to look back at the commander, his safety harness had kept him in place during the impact. He could see Barron shaking his head

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “You did fine Zach…”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : picking himself up off the floor, he reviews his console. “Were running on emergency power. Life Support is holding, but artificial Gravity is off in various sections of the ship…Including Sickbay.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: Turns to Mark-0 “Can you get there?”

[LCDR] Mark-0: tilts his head, as if reviewing footage on his HUD “I think so.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Go, Aid with ship wide medical response. Activate the EMH if you have too, damn what the Klingon says.”

Mark-0 nods in agreement and phases out of the bridge, Barron walks up the ramp helping another officer to their feet before taking the tactical console himself.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Engineering, Report. Kiff, you ok down there?”

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: “Captain, sorry, were shaken up pretty bad, but everyone is accounted for. Warp Core was programmed to shut down in the case of a possible plasma breach. I need to a team to stabilize that strut before I can restart, or things can spiral out of control pretty quickly.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Can you get us shields and engines back online?”

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: “There is enough power in the Quantum Phase Capacitor to get one system up to about 35%, but I can’t split that. And I need the ship stable to send out work-bees.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: Turning his attention back to the bridge, he looks towards Pi “Are we clear?”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “No telling. I checked previous scans. That asteroid was stationary when we entered this system. Something acted upon it to send it our way.”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: finally gathering her berings “Question is, was that deliberate or not?”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Or what the hell could even cause that in the first place?”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “Were about to find out. Im detecting another celestial movement, and yes…its headed for us.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Kiff, give us engines NOW!”

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: “Power transfer in progress, max speed is just over half impulse. Be careful, any more damage and we could lose that Nacelle completely!”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “Oh I know what I’m looking at now. Initiating Evasive Maneuvers!”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Jessica, send a distress signal to the fleet. Let them know we have incurred severe damage and request assistance, possibly engaged an unknown hostile entity. Pi, leave a comm buoy for the away team to let them know what’s going on, in case they come out and were not here. Zach?”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “I had enough time to get us clear from the 2nd Asteroid’s path, dosent look like they can alter course.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Well that’s a relief…All stop. I want to test something.”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “I have Lateral sensors on backup batteries.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence…”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “…third time is deliberate. Heading 028 mark 193, evasive maneuver Pattern delta four”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “I see it, Zach bring us about, heading 235 Mark 058. Jessica, get ready to mask our energy signature.”

The Sun Tzu maneuvered itself once more around the incoming obstacle, as it bobbed and weaved, placing several smaller asteroids in its path before doubling back and coming to a sudden halt, upside down underneath the Major Asteroid that the away team had landed on. All the lights began to shut off again as the shadows of the asteroid covered the ship in darkness.

The bridge crew sat silent on the dark bridge, the view screen the only source of light showing what lay before the starship. Several moments passed as Pi powered his console up again to check the sensors.

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Nothing coming at us…just the domino effect from the last hurl.”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “Why are they throwing asteroids?! Just shoot us for Ushaan’s sake!”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: “Better Question is WHAT is capable of throwing Asteroids at us? That first one was larger than a Galaxy-Class!”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “I did record trace amounts of Graviton Particles coming off the trails of the last two asteroids.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “So for all intense and purposes, something IS shooting at us?”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “It would appear so, but whatever it is, is cloaked. I have detected no warp or impulse signature other than our own.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Could they trace us?”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “Given the time between the last few throws, if they could, they would have by now.”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: “Unless whoever it is, is moving into a new position…”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: slams his fist on the side of his console “Damn it…Bridge to Kiff, we bought you some time, get to work on re-securing that Strut. Work Fast and Sloppy…I might need the Warp Engines back online ASAP.”

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: “Understood, One Miracle, coming up!”

OOC Getting close to the close folks! Thanks for sticking with me!

3 Likes

Antediluvian Apprehension: Fade to Black [PART 1]

Stardate:
5YS73M-3RR0R
Directed By:
@Maikull

[Back on the Asteroid Interior]

The three scientist huddle around one of the powered consoles as they review their shocking findings from within the hallowed structure.

[LCDR] V’era:: “First Tank, Gormagander, 11,000 years old, deceased.”
[Geologist] SrSpc.V’Rel:: “Second Tank, Gekli, 10,000 years old, deceased.”
[Researcher] Lt.Lemor:: “Third Tank, Idran, 22,000 years old, all deceased.”
[Geologist] SrSpc.V’Rel:: “I positive there is a shard of Crystalline Entity suspended in that forth tank, but its inert so it is hard to get a read on it, though its profile matches what we know of the species.”
[Researcher] Lt.Lemor:: “All cosmozoan species…but that 5th one…”

Three turned to the last tank in the room. Unlike all the others; which were filled to the brim with a form of formaldehyde, methanol, and glutaraldehyde along with a few other unknown compounds; it lay hollow and empty. The two security officers using the scopes and flashlights to try and peer in to the long bore hole leading out of the tank into who knows where.

[LCDR] V’era:: “Maybe it escaped, and that’s why this facility became inactive.”

[Security] Ens.McMillan:: “Do you think that’s something we should worry about?”

[LCDR] V’era:: “Everything here is dating more than 10,000 years old. Whatever broke out, must have done so a long time ago.”

[Security] Lt.Juzruz:: “Still, its not a pleasant sign to—”

The Security Officer’s words were cut short as the room began to shake violently, as if an earthquake struck the ground.

[Security] Ens.McMillan:: “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!” she shrieked, with a hint of panic in her voice

[Security] Lt.Juzruz:: “Calm down ensign! Now’s not the time to lose your head! Commander?!” he barked, helping McMillan to her feet

[LCDR] V’era:: “Not taking the chance, emergency beam out back to the shuttle!” she ordered, tapping V’Rel’s comm badge and initiating her transport.

The Shuttlecraft only had one transporter pad, which could hold multiple people if they were oriented correctly. But given the shaking, and half the team on their rear ends, they would have to stagger transport. Lt. Lemor was next to transport out, and Vera nodded for McMillan to go next.

[Security] Lt.Juzruz:: “After you Ma’am” The Trill insisted

[LCDR] V’era:: “Ill go last, get the shuttle up and ready for take off.”

Juzruz did not need telling twice, and began his own transport as another tremor rocked the room. V’era fell to the ground once more as several support struts began to collapse, one breaching one of the holding tanks. As the Caustic liquid began to pour all over the room, Vera slammed on her comm badge, transporting out just before being overtaken by the tidal wave.

[BACK ON THE SUN TZU – 5 Minutes Prior]

The turbolift doors slid open as Southerland and Roptojmey entered the bridge.

[CMDR] Roptojmey: “That [nuQ rob’agh] didn’t express anyone up here was dying, so I prioritized working on the ones coming in first…alot of injured crew, but thank Kahless no casualties have been reported.” He growled. It was apparent to everyone that the Klingon’s leg was in a brace, most likely fractured from the initial impact, but he was not letting it stop him from doing his duties.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Check Jessica, she hit her head pretty hard.” Barron ordered, the Klingon grumped in acknowledgement and turned to meet Stern who was sitting in the Captain’s chair. Barron turned to approach Kiff who was powering a console at the fore of the Bridge

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: “you said be quick, so I cauterized the wound. My teams disconnected the plasma and eps conduits leading to the Starboard Nacelle. They have stabilized it for now, but its not going to function again till we get back to Star-base and properly re-connect things. I can have main power back online in 30 seconds”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Good, Reactivate the Warp Core and get shields and long range sensors back online. I’m done hiding from these bastards.” Barron snarled, turning back to the captains chair.

Roptojmey had just finished with a scan of Stern who was already looking better, She got up from the chair and walked around taking the Tactical Station, as Roptojmey took the empty science console V’era usually mans.

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: “Power online in three…two…one…”

The ship hummed with life once more as the power rushed to the primary systems, the ship pitched away from the asteroid and reoriented itself as it swung around coming into full view of the asteroid belt once more.

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Sir, I have something, large energy signature detected bearing 48 mark 4”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Shields up, Weapons hot! Bring us about and put it on screen.”

there was a pause, as through the asteroid belt the crew could see their assailant for the first time. But it was not Romulan, or Iconian, or even a ship for that matter.

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “Is that a giant…”

[CMDR] Roptojmey: “qeSnoDmaj!”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: “It’s a Cnidarian, a cosmozoan.”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “Like those things at Farpoint?”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Yes, the Lukari rediscovered them in 2410, their actually part of the Khitomer Alliance now.”

As the crew discussed, the Cnidarian moved around to an asteroid, and seemingly shrank down behind it. It appeared to almost have completely vanished behind the much smaller object before a large burst of energy was emitted, propelling the asteroid forward towards the ship at an increased rate of speed.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “TARGET THAT ASTROID AND FIRE!” Barron shouted

The Sun-Tzu launched a spread of 5 quantum torpedoes which struck the oncoming Asteroid head-on. But as the blasts of energy reverberated through the asteroid belt, as various metallic objects in drift began to reciprocate the shockwave from the blast, almost like an echo which shook the ship violently.

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: “Shields down to 35%, Holy hell, lets not do that again!”

The ship managed to dodge the first object, but they could see on the view scree the Cnidarian readying for another launch.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Options?”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “Phasers?”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Phasers wont have the energy to cut through solid metallic asteroids like that, and we don’t know if it would trigger the same effect our torpedoes did.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Jessica, open a channel.” the bridge whistled as the communications were open to him “Cnidarian Lifeform, this is the USS Sun Tzu, member of the Khitomer Alliance. We mean you no harm!”

Almost immediately in response to his words, the View screen and other terminals glossed over in a static black mass, as the speakers shrilled violently. Barron hit the termination button on his chair

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Tha hell was that?”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Sir, as where records indicate they can understand us, Cnidarian’s communicate through color.”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “I’m assuming black on chaotic static is Jellyfish for ‘I don’t believe you’ then? Another one incoming!”

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: “Sir, the Tractor Beam! We could lock on, and shift the orbit, or at least repulse it at an angel to help us avoid contact.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “DO IT! Divert all power from weapons to auxiliary systems!”

The sun-tzu banked hard to port as it fire the Tractor beam, catching the asteroid in it field and nearly flinging it out of the way as the kinetic force of the asteroid’s path swung the ship clear. Zach released the Tractor beam and brought the ship to bare once more towards the Cnidarian.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Universal Translator, All Languages, all Colors. ‘We come in peace’ ‘We Mean no harm’ ‘We Surrender’…Anything to get that damn thing to stop!” he hastily barked

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: “Sir, we have the ability to warp, Warp 4 Max, but its enough to get us out of here.” He said in a concerned tone, as if no one thought of the possibility of escape.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “No. We have to hold the line.” he announced, resolute as he continued to stare down the view screen

Kiff turned to look at Zach with a concerned and confused look on his face

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “Those torpedoes sent a shockwave through the whole belt…including the rock V’era and the away team is on. If we leave now, we leave them open to an ambush from that thing…” he whispered loudly across the room.

Southerland’s face contorted in a tinge of gilt, as he had completely forgotten about the away team with everything that had went down. He slumped back into his chair as another asteroid came hurling towards the ship

[MEANWHILE]

The shuttlecraft cleared the exiting port they had used to access the internal cavity of the asteroid. Juzruz didn’t even take time to remove his EV Suit as he piloted the ship about and began to scan for the Sun Tzu.

[Security] Ens.McMillan:: “Ma’am, there is a distress beacon from the Sun Tzu.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “Play the audi—” She began to say before Juzruz cut her off

[Security] Lt.Juzruz:: “I don’t think you need to ma’am…look!”

The shuttles view screen came to life

[Security] Lt.Juzruz:: “I think we found your 5th Cosmozoan.”

OOC The Exciting 2-Part Finale should be wrapping up tomorrow! We have a special Guest Star in my one-man RP show! (Look at me branching out!) Thank you all for your interest and feedback! And special thanks once again to @brex if I haven’t mentioned him, for allowing me to spitball my own little storyline off one of his! Promise not to derail your current plans!

3 Likes

Antediluvian Apprehension: Fade to Black [PART 2]

Stardate:
5YS73M-3RR0R
Directed By:
@Maikull

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Sir, V’era’s ship just cleared the asteroid!”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Good, order her to withdraw, we will hold this off till shes clear from the system.”

The Sun Tzu had been gaining ground on the Cnidarian, growing closer and closer to the edge of the Asteroid belt, as the Giant Space Jellyfish continued to hurl large stellar debris at the starship. With each object deflected or dodged, the Cnidarian began to withdraw, finally drawing far away enough it was out of reach of any further Asteroids to hurl. The Sun Tzu came to a halt just at the edge of the belt, transmitting its signal to the Stockholm Shuttlecraft.

As they attempt to do this, the Cnidarian begins to swell in size, its pink hue starting to fade into a pale blue, and expends a large amount of radiant energy in a large sphere around itself. The crackling energy emitted begins to draw in various asteroids, as well as the Sun Tzu as well, who has to throw engines in full reverse to resist the pull

[On the Stockholm]
[Security] Lt.Juzruz:: “Orders received, warping us out of the system.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “No, Wait!” She cries out, watching the Cnidarian attempt to pull the Starship in. “V’Rel, what is the Dimeter of that Cnidarian’s Cap?”

[Geologist] SrSpc.V’Rel:: She looks perplexed at the question

[Researcher] Lt.Lemor:: “Specalist V’Rel, the Commander asked you a question!” The Acamarian Researcher snapped*

[Geologist] SrSpc.V’Rel:: somewhat snapping out of it she reviewed the terminal next to her “7km Wide Ma’am…but, we need to do something about that creature attacking the Sun Tzu!”

[LCDR] V’era:: “Its not attacking the ship…” she acknowledged, leaving her terminal and crossing over to Juzruz at the helm “You were right…that’s our Missing cosmozoan. It’s not attacking the ship, it defending itself!” she explained, checking the readings on the security officer terminal “They wont stand a chance against that thing alone, we need to help, belay the order to retreat and bring us in closer to the ship”

[Security] Lt.Juzruz:: “I hope your right about this Ma’am…” he spoke hesitantly, as the Shuttlecraft turned on point and headed deeper into the Asteroid Field.

[On the Sun Tzu]

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “It feels like a damn Gravity Well!” He cursed from the helm.

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: “Im also reading power fluctuations, whatever this field is, its attempting to drain power from the ship. Attempting to Compensate!”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Is the Stockholm Clear?”

[CMDR] Roptojmey: “Cant tell, This field is playing hell with the sensors!”

As the Sun-Tzu attempts to withdraw from the energy field, another asteroid caught in the fields pull flys into the ship, knocking the port side Nacelle this time, and sending the ship spinning out of control towards the Creature.

With its prey securely underneath it, the energy field folds back in on itself, revitalizing the Cnidarians former color, as it begins to close its tendrils around the ship, crackling against the forcefield of the ships shield grid

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “POWER FAILING ON MULTIPLE DECKS!” * he yells over the emergency alarms and sparking hardware on the bridge*

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “DIVERT ALL POWER TO THE SHIELD GRID, LIFE SUPPORT IF YOU HAVE TOO! JESSICA, SHOOT THAT DAMN THING!” He shouted back

[Back on the Stockholm]

[Security] Ens.McMillan:: “Ma’am! Its engulfing the ship! We need to fire now!”

[LCDR] V’era:: “No, Trust me, this will work! Lemor, Begin Pulse Frequency!”

The shuttlecraft begins to humm and pulse a bright purple light, flashing and flickering in various frequencies

[Back on the Sun Tzu]

Everything had stopped, the noise, the shaking, even the alarms were now eerily quiet and calm. They could see out of the view screen they were still in the Cnidarian’s grasp, but it had…stopped?

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: “Are we dead?” he squinted from his terminal, looking over to see if Zach was still there

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Controls arnt responding* He said, turning around to face Commander Barron. But as he saw the commander, his eyes grew wide with shock, as did Roptojmey and Zach*

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “What?” he quired, unsure of why everyone was looking at him weird. Then he too turned around. “Ahh…shit…” he whispered under his breath

Posession

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: WHAT TRICKERY IS THIS?!

Quickly putting two and two together, Barron backed up a few steps to get a proper look at his Fiance.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “You attacked our ship…we were defending ourselves!”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: LIES! I WILL NOT BE IMPRISONED AGAIN!

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Imprisoned? What are you talking about? No one is trying to imprison you! You attacked us, and I think I have exhausted MORE Than enough diplomatic restraint given the circumstances! Release us!”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: YOU CLAIM PEACE, BUT I SEE THROUGH YOUR FALSEHOODS! YOU ORDERED THIS VESSEL TO DESTROY ME! Jessies mouth opened, but her voice did not come out, it almost sounded like a static recording of a few moments earlier

Blockquote [CMDR] Maikull Barron: “JESSICA, SHOOT THAT DAMN THING!

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: Grits his teeth for a moment before calming himself “That Vessel your in, is a powerful telepath, and one that has access to the deepest recesses of my mind. Scan me, and tell me I’m lying.”

the possessed Commander Stern glares deep into Barrons eyes for a moment, almost appearing as to exert heat from her eyes before taking a step back, the expression of rage and hate replaced with perplexity

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: BUT. YOU SENT MORE JAILERS INTO THE CULLING STONE. THIS IS IRRIFUTABLE.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “Culling stone? What are you talking about?”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “You mean the away team?”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “They were researchers, explorers; not Jailers! We discovered the…Culling Stone and sought to understand it! We meant no harm!”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: NOTHING BUT DEATH CAN COME FROM THE CULLING STONE, AND THE ONES WHO STEER IT. BUT YOU…YOU TRULY DO NOT KNOW.

It paused for a moment, the bridge crew were besides themselves trying to wrap their head around the circumstance, Barron began to speak up, but the Cnidarian spoke again, activating something on the Terminal Infront of it.

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: YOU DO NOT KNOW, BUT THIS ONE DOES.

The view screen activated, showing V’era aboard the Stockholm, she had an initial look of anxiousness on her face, that turned to relief upon seeing the bridge crew, then a look of shock seeing Stern

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: YOU ARE NOT ALONE. THAT IS WHAT YOU SPOKE TO ME IN YOUR MESSAGE. THAT IS WHY I HAVE SPARED THESE CREATURES. EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

The bridge crew turned from the Possessed Stern back to Vera on the bridge screen.

[LCDR] V’era:: attempting to choose her words carefully “I saw what was down there. I know what you have been through, and I am so sorry. I know your scared, and I know you feel so alone, but your not, we mean you no harm, and we want to help you if you will let us.”

[CMDR] Jessie Stern: Stern pressed another button on the screen, causing a split screen between Vera and the System ahead on the main viewer THE STARS ARE ALL WRONG. SO MUCH TIME HAS PASSED. I CANNOT HEAR THE SONGS OF MY FAMILY…” *Tears begin pouring down Jessica’s face as it continues. “I SHOULD HAVE DIED WITH THEM, AND NOW I AM ALONE…”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron: “No…your not. We have encountered your kind before, we are even friends with them. If you release us, we can take you there, where they gather en-mass! I cant begin to fathom what you have been through, but you’re here now.”

[LCDR] V’era:: “There has been enough death…please. Let us help you.”

As the tears continue to pour down her face, Jessica closes her eyes and collapses to her knees. Barron and Roptojmey quickly round the ramp to her, and see that her eyes have returned to normal, though still flooded from the emotions from the Cnidarian, she continues to weep as Barron clutches her tightly to him.

The Cnidarian in return releases the ship and begins to float off a distance from it as all the systems begin to once again hum on line. Pi, seeing his CO occupied, steps forward on the bridge.

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : “Report?”

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland: “Power levels returning to normal, it even appears as of some of the damage has been repaired, Structural integrity is down to 38%, but holding.”

[LCDR] 3 of 14 (Pi) : activating the ship wide broadcast system “All hands, this is Lt. Commander Three of Fourteen, Engineering Teams mobilize to all critical sections for repair, Medical Teams initiate emergency triage procedures on all even numbered decks. Security Teams, begin ship wide census, report in with all findings within the hour. Were out of danger, but we have a lot of work before were in the clear. Pi out.” He turns and looks over the railing as Jessie continues to clutch to Maikull, all while the doctor scans her, “Go, Ill take it from here sir.”

Barron nods to the Xb, as he lifts Jessie up into his arms and carries her to the Turbolift. There is a slight trill on the Helm console that catches Zach’s attention

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: “Pi, Sensors are picking up a ship entering the system…”

There is a pause as he fights to isolate the signal. Everyone still on the bridge holds still, tense, as they are in NO condition for another troubling situation on their hands.

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan: breathes a sigh of relief and turns to the captain’s chair with a smile. “It’s the Dragon.”

OOC Phew…that went a little longer than I was expecting, but I had fun writing it. Hopefully everyone enjoied this little adventure! I have a Prolog with our special guest coming soon as well (and an AAR) so stay tuned!

5 Likes

Antediluvian Apprehension: Resolve

Stardate:
5YS73M-3RR0R
Directed By:
@Maikull

((Transcript copied from Discord Joint RP. I know Discord is capable of transferring, but then thats linking a second thread, so I opt for the copy/paste method))

GM [Scene]: As the Dragon drops out of warp, it comes upon a curious scene. The USS Sun Tzu sits nearly adrift just outside the asteroid belt, severe damage reading all across its systems, with a Cnidarian standing by only 8km away

Drake Tungsten —
Drake stands as the Dragon warps in to the scene before them. “Hail them, and shields up! This is Dragon, actual, to Sun Tzu, responding to your distress call. Please report!.” LaSalle calls for Yellow Alert.

[LT] Neris—
Lieutenant Neris looks from her science station at the bridge of USS Dragon, her features displaying the usual Vulcan immobility. “Sensors set to passive, awaiting your instructions, sir.”

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
“USS Dragon, this is the USS Sun Tzu. Glad to see you sir, sadly you missed all the action. We had a…misunderstanding with our friend out here, but situation with the Cnidarian are nominal as of now. We are dealing with some structural damage and getting some primary systems back online. If you could spare some Engineering and Medical teams, we have a good number of injured crew from the shakeup.”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan —
deactivates the helm terminal and crosses the bridge, returning to his Tactical station and routing Helm controls from there “Thank god no casualties…” he grumbled, low, but still could be heard on the comms

[LCDR] Kiff Southerland —
“Sir, our Port Nacelle took a hit when we got drawn into the artificial gravity well. With the Starboard Nacelle disabled, there is no way were going to be able to go to warp any time soon.”

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
“Don’t suppose we could also bother you for a Tow back to DS13?”

Drake Tungsten —
“Stand by, Lieutenant Neris.” He says easily, at hearing the situation is under control, as he retakes his seat, responding to the SunTzu. “Certainly happy to hear things have calmed down a bit. We’ll send teams over, and prepare for tractoring.”
LaSalle speaks after Drake, almost as if finishing his thoughts, as a good executive officer should. “Stand down, yellow alert. Emergency medical and engineering teams to their nearest transporter rooms, and prepare to go to the SunTzu to render aid. Helm, bring us just within one kilometer of the SunTzu, and hold position relative.”

[LT] Neris—
“Standing by, sir.” Came the stoic reply from the Vulcan. After Commander LaSalle issued her orders she added. “Recommending active short-range active scanning protocol, sir. We’ll be vulnerable while towing the ship of that size and, logically speaking, the limited range should ensure our measures aren’t seen as provocative.”

Jeni Rodak (LTJG)—
“Aye, sir. Moving into push-tug position, -one click.” Jeni chimes from the helm.

Drake Tungsten —
Drake responds to Neris “Good idea, Lieutenant, make it happen.”
The Dragon moves just above and behind the wounded ship, and comes to a halt. LaSalle speaks, looking at her armrest. “Engineering and Medical away teams report ready for transport. Holding on tractor beam for engineering assessment.”
Drake speaks to SunTzu “We are ready to send crews if you are ready to receive, SunTzu.”

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
“We are ready sir, standing by. Chief Medical Officer Roptojmey and Chief Engineer Southerland will be points of contact for your teams. Our Commanding Officer is meeting with out away team who is docking now, He should be contacting you here shortly with an update.”

[LT] Neris—
After pressing the touch panels on her console she swivels in her chair towards the bridge command section. “Short-range scans initiated, standard parameters, scan pattern Gamma-Four-Four-Two.”

Drake Tungsten —
Drake speaks “Acknowledged, SunTzu.” He motions with a finger to go ahead, which Commander LaSalle picks up, as she orders the teams to beam over, and thanks Neris in acknowledgement.
Drake leans a little to his right, speaking to his XO “I can’t wait for this update though.” They trade very brief smiles, amused at the thought of what story is about to unfold for them, seeing a roughed-up ship, a giant cosmozoan the two of them had only read about prior, and an away team of all things figuring into this?

Drake Tungsten —
Drake speaks again “Lieutenant Rodak, please bring tractor beam controls to your station, and engage as soon as SunTzu acknowledges ready. Then we can get under way.”

[LT] Neris—
The Vulcan glanced at the Trill at the helm, if there was any apprehension about how the unconventional redhead would perform the ordered maneuver the concern wasn’t visible on Neris’ face.

Jeni Rodak (LTJG)—
“Aye, captain.” Jeni swipes sideways changing her holographic MFD to the tractor beam controls and keys in her access. She opens a channel, “Dragon to Son Zoo, ready to engage tractor on your orders.” Jeni tilts her head side-to-side happily.

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan—
His antenna twitched at the mispronunciation, but decided to let it go “That’s clear Dragon, I put her in neutral for ya, and awaiting tow. Sun Tzu out.”

Jeni Rodak (LTJG)—
“Roger dodger.” Jeni remarks at the closed channel. “Engaging tractor beam.” A few buttons pressed and the energy cone is emitted from the Dragon’s bow encapsulating the Sun Tzu’s stern to midship. “Firm lock, captain. We have her.”

Drake Tungsten —
“Excellent, set a course for DS13, warp five.” He turns to some operations officer behind him. “Make sure our warp field encompasses them properly!” “Yes, sir!”

Jeni Rodak (LTJG) —
“Course is set.” Jeni confirms.

Drake Tungsten —
“Take us home, Jeni.”

Jeni Rodak (LTJG) —
Re-opens the channel, “Sue-Zoo, -Dragon. We’re prepared to get underway. Standby for warp five.” Jeni splits her interface to reflect propulsion controls and tractor beam status. She engages the warp engines propelling the ships in their shared field. Reviewing her readouts, Jeni swivles around in her chair facing Drake and Evette. “All in the pipe, five by five.” She chirps and spins back around to her console.

[LT] Neris—
The science officer observed the exchange impassively, her posture nevertheless relaxing slightly. Looking at Drake and XO she reported. “All clear on the sensors, sir. The disturbances in the ship’s gravity wake are within acceptable values.”

GM Scene: as the two ships set off at warp, there is a good five minutes of stability, before the Dragons proximity alert is set off. The Cnidarian Lifeform that was standing idly by as the two ships gathered themselves in the system had now condensed itself into a saucer shape, and had jumped to a speed of Transwarp Factor 12 to catch up to them, before falling back at a safe distance and matching their current speed and trajectory

[LT] Neris—
Neris inspects her console readings and reports to the command section of the bridge. “Sir, the Cnidarian lifeform changed its mass and consistency, it now resembles a warp-capable vessel. As per Starfleet database. We are being followed, their maximum demonstrated speed is Warp 12, ours can’t be higher than Warp 6 while towing USS Sun-Tzu.” Adjusting her sensors and pausing to double-check the readings she adds. “We are being shadowed, single lifeform now matches our speed and trajectory, its position is roughly 15 kilometers off our port bow, sir.”

Drake Tungsten —
“Open a channel to the SunTzu. Hopefully they have thoughts on this from earlier contact. Lieutenant Rodak, be prepared to alter course. I don’t think the station wants to meet our new friend.”

[LT] Neris—
“Sir, with your permission, I’d advise against focused scanning of the Cnidarian. Logically it might be regarded as a provocation.”

Drake Tungsten —
“Agreed. I don’t really want to have to resort to any potentially offensive measures to discourage it from following if we can help it, either.”
LaSalle Speaks “Sir, we should probably come to a stop to buy more time to think about this.”
Drake answers “I was just thinking that as well. Helm, bring us to an easy full-stop, please.”
“And while we’re at it, bring up any information you can on them, Lieutenant Neris. I don’t know much beyond reading the report on the Farpoint Incident years ago, admittedly. Especially anything on where others of their kind may be situated. Ideally, we can bring this lost puppy back home to its family. I still want to talk to the Sun Tzu though, and get their thoughts, let alone as a courtesy, since we’re dragging their ship with us.” he grins slightly.

Jeni Rodak (LTJG)—
“Answering all stop, sir.” Jeni drops the vessels out of warp.

[LT] Neris—
The Vulcan quickly taps her console, the known information displaying on Drake’s captain’s chair, obviously rearranged and cleaned of miscellaneous data. “Certainly, sir. These is all we have, the incident was thoroughly investigated but further data collected was mainly through random encounters or passed on from other protagonists. The lifeform’s power oscillates through it’s lifecycle and it depends on the age.” Looking at Drake and LaSalle she concludes. “If it’s a senior member of the specie, its power would theoretically be greater than both our ships combined and we would be at severe disadvantage if hostilities commenced.”

Drake Tungsten —
“Yet another reason I don’t want a fight.” He looks back towards the Ops officer “Keep trying to hail the Sun Tzu.”

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
“Sun Tzu to Dragon, This is Lieutenant Commander Three of Fourteen, is everything ok?” he asks, a bit confused as to why they were dropping back out of warp

Drake Tungsten —
“Well, not quite. We seem to have picked up a rather large friend who’s tagging along, and I doubt Captain Varley has any quarters that large available at DS13. I think we need to come up with a plan to send them on their way, as peacefully as possible.”

[LCDR] Zach Brannigan—
taking a look at his readings he looks up towards Pi and facepalms his forehead, all while silently mouthing “We forgot to tell them!”

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
a pained expression flashes over the Borg’s face as he turns back to the comms “Captain, I am terribly sorry for the laps in communication…today has been…trying…”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
Enters the bridge once more and looks to his two Second officers for a status update

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
holds up a finger to Barron, knowing what he is about to ask “You see sir, the Lifeform in question has been separated from its…kind, and we have offered to escort it back. News of the Cnidarian’s visiting Risa this year gave us the idea to bring it back to its flock without having to cross all the way into the 20 Draconis System. I’m sure once things settle down here, Commander Barron would be more than happy to come over and explain things in full.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
Nodded in agreement and crossed the bridge into his ready room

Drake Tungsten —
Drake smiles “No harm done then, Commander. Jeni, set course for the Risa system, previous speed, and execute. And yes, we’d be happy to receive Commander Barron, and anyone else he wants to bring over for a chat. Dragon out.”

Jeni Rodak (LTJG)—
”Setting course for Risa. Answering warp 5…now.” Jeni initiates the warp field on the revised heading.

Drake Tungsten —
“Thank you, Lieutenant.” LaSalle turns to Drake, and says “It does sound like we missed a lot, Sir, but you can hardly blame them for leaving out that kind of detail, looking at their ship. And thank goodness we don’t have to head to 20 Draconis… that would take a while even at slipstream, and I’m not sure if the Sun Tzu would hold up in that right now.”
Drake answers “Agreed! I’d rather not be doing this for the next few weeks.” he grins

GM Scene: About an hour passes, as things on the Sun Tzu settle down. all of the Medical, and most of the Engineering Teams the Dragon had sent over had already returned, and the Transporter Pad was lighting up to welcome the Sun Tzu’s Commanding Officer onboard for a much anticipated explanation.

Drake Tungsten —
Commander LaSalle greets them at the transporter, with eerily perfect posture, but a warm tone of voice. "Welcome aboard! I hope everyone on the SunTzu is doing better now?*

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
steps off the transporter pad to greet the Commander “Well, were getting there. Only a handful of crewmen are on extended medical watch for moderately severe injuries, but the alternative could have been much worse.” he said, his voice was deep and tired. “Commander Maikull Barron.” he introduced himself, offering a hand to Commander LaSalle “This is my 2nd Officer, Lt. Commander Three of Fourteen, and my Chief Science Officer, Lt. Commander V’era” he continued, motioning to the Operations, and Science officers who had beamed over with him.

Drake Tungsten —
“Commander Evette LaSalle, first officer here on the Dragon. Pleased to meet you all.” She returns the handshake with a bright smile “Please follow me to the conference room, I know the Captain is eager to hear about your adventures today. Oh, and stay with the tour, it’s easy to get lost in here!” The last bit, she says half-jokingly, as she leads them to the conference room.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
gives a small chuckle as he follows behind LaSalle

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
Extends his hand, allowing V’era to go ahead of him

[LCDR] V’era—
Steps off the transporter after Barron with an equally tired expression as she tried to hide her headache, but forces a smile to LaSalle as she is greeted

Drake Tungsten —
The party is led to the conference room, where Drake and Neris are already seated, but also LT. Rodak, the helm officer. Just trying to include her as a learning process? Maybe. The captain greets them. “Welcome aboard! My Chief Science Officer, Lieutenant Neris, and Chief Helm Officer, Lieutenant Jeni Rodak. I hope none of your casualties were too serious, Commander Barron?”
LaSalle gracefully slides into her chair as introductions are made again.

[LT] Neris—
The Vulcan nodded politely to the group. “I’m Lieutenant Neris, USS Dragon’s Chief Science Officer, I will endeavour to offer aid with my expertise. Welcome aboard.” After exchanging a meaningful glance with Drake she looked at the Trill officer.

Jeni Rodak (LTJG)—
“Hi!” Jeni stands up, nodding her smiling face. “Jeni Rodak. I’ve taken a precursory look at the sensor data from the cosmozoan’s pursuit and would love to see what information the Zoo had gathered on its mauervability and propulsion capabilities prior to our arrival.”

[LT] Neris—
Neris quirks eyebrow. “Zoo? That’s an illogical query, Lieutenant Rodak, therefore you likely meant USS Sun-Tzu.” Without waiting for an answer she turned towards CMDR Barron and company. “If you could please forward your gathered data to us, Lieutenant Rodak here is an exceptional officer in her field.”

Jeni Rodak (LTJG)—
“Right.” Jeni nods. “The Soon Z-” she halts her attempt at the pronunciation and goes to return to her seat. Almost missing the chair she staggers then catches her balance, squirming into the seat and pulling it up to the table’s edge. “Be careful. They roll.” She spritely cautions the guests.

Drake Tungsten —
While Drake awaits a response from Barron and his people, LaSalle says to her officers “Good thinking. May as well get some more data out of this.”

Jeni Rodak (LTJG)—
”Oh neat! What kinda chairs you all have in the USS Kazoo-“ Jeni cuts herself off.

Drake Tungsten —
LaSalle says with the gentle patience of a saint “We can ask about that later. For now, I think we want to hear about the giant creature following us, and what happened to their ship.”

[LT] Neris—
The Vulcan science officer looks at the USS Sun-Tzu complement and states in a leveled tone. “An exceptional officer, IN her field of expertise.”

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
“Lieutenant Commander Three of Fourteen, but you can call me Pi.” * He introduced, before taking hold of the seat next to Barron*

[LCDR] V’era—
“Lieutenant Commander V’era, -also- Chief Science Officer, of the Sun Tzu of course” She spoke with a bit of inflection and poise, looking to Neris for a moment and flashing her a coy smile.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
After shaking Captain Drake’s hand, he takes his seat across from LaSalle, his other officers following suit “Thankfully no casualties, only a few officers had serious injuries, but they are stable and under care in the infirmary. My XO is out of service temporarily. I guess the only light on this tunnel is were all alive and shore leave is around the corner, so everyone will have a chance to rest and relax after all this mess.”

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
As they took their seats, he attempted to be guileful, rubbing at his cosmetic implants, as he mouthed to V’era “Be Nice!”

[LT] Neris—
Neris nods again as the Sun-Tzu officers introduce themselves… “It’s agre… Pardon me, it’s a pleasure.” Looking at V’era she adds, apparently unperturbed. “What’s your estimate of the situation, if I might ask, LCDR? Logically we should look for a solution that will produce no more casualties, while avoiding to harm the lifeform itself.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
“Well, I don’t think we will have to incur the same problem twice…Squidward out there, for the most part blameless in this scenario. This happened to be a case of right place, wrong time.”

[LCDR] V’era—
“Further Study of that Asteroid Structure would be advisable, but a secondary ship would be recommended, if nothing else than for an escort.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
“Let’s start from the top, shall we? It’ll all make more sense now that we have most the pieces of the puzzle sorted out.”

Drake Tungsten —
“Please do.” Drake says to Maikull “I can’t help but feel we are missing a great deal.”

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
“We came out as a follow up mission from the USS Dallas, in regards of anomalous radiation readings from a pair of asteroids in the belt. As the famous saying goes, ‘it was supposed to be a routine mission’.”

Jeni Rodak (LTJG)—
“Pi!” Jeni chimes at 3 of 14. “Three point one four one five nine two six five three eight nine seven nine three two three eight four six two six four three three eight….” Jeni continues to drone onward….

[LT] Neris—
Quirking an eyebrow at the Trill officer, Neris advised gently. “Lieutenant Rodak, please focus.” Looking at 3o14 she inquires. “Would you mind explaining how the things went wrong?”

Drake Tungsten —
Both the Captain, and his First Officer refrain from comment to let Pi continue.

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
“As soon as we send our away team shuttle onto the asteroid to investigate it, we were struck by an asteroid. How big was it again?”

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
“1000 meters long, and about 400 meters wide. So roughly the size of this vessel.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
motions to what Pi said Due to the heavy magnetic interference, our proximity sensors did not pick it up until it was almost right on top of us.”

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
“Did not help matters that it was traveling well over the equivalent 3/4th Impulse Speed.”

Drake Tungsten —
“/Merde…/” LaSalle mutters barely audibly, under her breath in accented French.
Drake also interjects briefly “That would certainly explain how you got so banged-up. Please continue…”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
“Thankfully I have a damn good pilot, and our shields managed to hold out long enough for us to scrape by, but that’s how we lost the Starboard Nacelle, and when we sent the distress signal. The Life-form out there had detected us and was watching from outside the asteroid belt. As soon as it saw us make contact with the asteroid, it attacked. We managed to evade it under impulse power, dodging several other asteroids around the same size, and hiding long enough to stabilize our damage.”

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
“We knew we were being attacked, but we did not know by what at that point. Our sensors did indicate that the asteroids moving at us, were previously stationary, so SOMETHING had to be acting upon them.”

[LCDR] V’era—
“Without further study and scanning, that for safety reasons is not feasible right now. We Hypothesize that the lifeform was trapped inside the asteroid we had gone to investigate. From what we were able to examine from within, it appeared to be a research facility studying cosmozoan beings, something akin to what the Solanae research lab. We discovered Gormaganger, Gelek, Idran, and shards of Crystalline entity, all preserved in vats dating over 10,000 years old, except one vat was empty.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
“That’s why we think it attacked us. Seeing things from its perspective, imagine breaking out of Rura Penthe, and seeing a figure come towards you. Fight or Flight response is going to kick in, and survival instincts will mandate shoot first ask questions later.”

[LCDR] V’era —
“Not sure of the specifics just yet, but this being could have very well been in stasis for centuries, before waking up, alone, in that sort of condition.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
“And why, aside from not being destroyed ourselves in its blind rage…we offered to re-unite it with its own kind. It…possessed my fian—First Officer, so we were able to get a little more insight into its motives, and come to a realization and understanding.”

V’era missed the slip of cheek, but Pi did not and his eyes betrayed his shock for a moment before he settled himself and tried to play off re-adjusting himself in his seat

Drake Tungsten —
Drake speaks “Hell of a day, Commander. Still, seems like we’re heading towards a happier conclusion here, at least. I have to wonder if any other of those prisoners are alive, though. I have a feeling there will be a follow-up mission to study that facility further, if only to figure out who did this, and try to prevent anything similar elsewhere, if necessary.”
LaSalle chimes in “I’m sure Starfleet will be very interested in any readings you already have.”

[LT] Neris—
The Vulcan cleared her through politely before addressing her captain. “Quite so, sir. But might I advise we focus at the issue at hand first?”

[LCDR] V’era—
“All the other subjects we scanned were deceased. At least from the room we were in. A follow up is probably going to be a hot topic for sure.” She pointed out “And yes, I’ll have my team send over copies of all of our scans and data. But it’s not much given the short time we were there…”

[LT] Neris—
Nodding, the science officer commented. “Thank you, Commander V’era, logically every piece of information helps.”

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
“There is also an unexplained energy siphon within the belt as well, which is why I think the Cnidarian chose to hurl asteroids, rather than use its vast energy manipulation abilities until we were clear.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
“Yes, things are ending on a more positive note than they were going, and for that I am grateful, as I also am to you and your crew for coming to our aid. Loom forward to paying this one back someday.”

Drake Tungsten —
“It’s no problem, we’re Starfleet, we help each other out. But I’m sure you’ll get the chance.” Drake says with a grin. “Hopefully, we’ll be coming up on the Risa system soon, and can drop off our friend.”

[LT] Neris—
Quirks eyebrow at Drake. “Logically, let’s hope that our “friend” cooperates, sir.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
“It’s bout out of place and out of time, Lost, Hurt, and Alone. I’m sure once we meet up with the Cnidarian delegation outside Risa, it will be more than happy to reunite with its own kind.”

[LT] Neris—
“That’s a logical assumption, Commander Barron.”

Drake Tungsten —
“Yeah, I’m not entirely sure what plan B is if it isn’t, either.” Drake grins

[LCDR] 3of14 (Pi)—
“The commander…Stern, our First officer is Betazed. When she was possessed by Cnidarian’s consciousness, she could feel it’s intense emotions, there is very little doubt of its motives.”

[CMDR] Maikull Barron—
“Yea, she’s going to be out for a bit while she processes that.”

[LCDR] V’era—
“Well, the Cnidarian delegation discovered by the Lukari are apart of the Khitomer Alliance, so when we get there, on the off chance this Cnidarian has ill Intent, I’m sure they would more than likely step in on our behalf.”

Drake Tungsten —
LaSalle Speaks “I do hope she’s alright… we haven’t met, but please tell her I said so when she’s well.” A look of concern on her face for Stern.

Drake Tungsten —
Drake says to V’era “Agreed, and even without that, it sounds like we already told it that’s what we’d do, and I feel even less inclined to break our word with something that powerful than usual.”

Synopsis:
The Two crew wrap up their talks, and return to their respective ships. As the Dragon nears the Risa sector, they are stopped by a contingency of Cnidarian Escorts, who had sensed the one following them. It breaks off and flies over to meet with the others, reverting to its natural form. The group sort of ballet around one another for a few minutes, humming and pulsating colors before one of them (Unsure if it was their original or one of the new ones) floats up, touching the Dragon and Sun-Tzu with its tentacle and as a thank you and returns to the group.

Content with their happy ending, the two ships make the quick trip back to DS13, where the Sun Tzu is taken into DS13 fleet yards for immediate repairs.

OOC Special thanks to our guest stars, @DrakeTungsten, @Burgundian and @Adelaide of the @uss.dragon for joining me in this wrap up post. Though it was short I hope it was fun enough! And I hope everyone else enjoyed the story. I had alot of fun writing it and following along with my ADHD as the story kinda of exploded into avenues I was not expecting!

5 Likes