• vessel’s name
  • vessel class
  • registry number
  • stardate of vessel launch
  • fleet yards at which vessel was constructed
  • sector/system location of fleet yards
  • custom quotation and author

You may also specify the following additional things:

• the emblem you want to use at the top. You are actually able to mix/match silver and gold emblems to get different combinations, so use your imagination when picking.
  • the type of material for the plaque (default metallic silver/gray, but wood grain and bronze are options)
  • length of plaque, longer or shorter depending on whether or not you want the columns of names
  • I can sometimes sub in an image of the ship model or some other neat customizations if you don’t like the actor names on the plaque, or I can replace the names with custom lists. Let me know what you’re interested in and I’ll try to accommodate.

To assist with the above requests, please use the following reference images:

(Thank you, @Drew , for making up the labelled versions!)

By making a request in this thread, you AGREE TO GIVE CREDIT to the original author of the Photoshop template that I am using to build all of these. Unfortunately, furyofaseraph’s deviantart account was deactivated and the base template is no longer available. That said, I still don’t want credit, so any future credit lines can/should be amended to just the following:

(source template made by FuryofaSeraph)

3 Likes
Some examples of previous plaques made, so you can get an idea of what's possible:

Spoiler: USS PathfinderShow
UbcGo20.png

Spoiler: USS King's MountainShow
pqC4lWp.png

Spoiler: USS ThermopylaeShow
LuSmA7C.png

Spoiler: USS TitanicShow
5fVvEgz.png

Spoiler: USS OkobojiShow
USsOkobojiPlaque2_zps08f6a207.png
Hello All!

I was wondering if there was a ship plaque creator online somewhere? I have found a few but they all required programs I don't have. Any help would be awesome!!

Also, sorry if this is in the right place...I no good forums...argh
Also, sorry if this is in the right place...I no good forums...argh

You know what they say, Fabian... practice makes perfect. ;x

After a little bit of Googling: gosh, I did not realize that these ship dedication plaques were a Thing. I'm guessing this is the one you saw, Fabian? In fact, someone else has used this template for a plaque they posted here even... http://furyofaseraph.deviantart.com/art/Starship-Dedication-Plaque-PSD-27314482

I know at least a couple of us have Photoshop here in Argo, actually, so we could... theoretically... create a plaque for you, if you gave us all the data you wanted.

With some minor trepidation, I'll go ahead and say that if you respond with EVERY bit text that you want, I will go ahead and build a plaque for you with that template linked above. Like you should look at the template and tell me the ship name, the class name, registry, etc... names that should go in column A, B, C, D... quote... EVERYTHING.

After studying the psd file... can also do a different color 'metal' pretty easily. The file even includes some alternate logos... I'll see about compiling those into an image to pick from.

Minor trepidation because I am not sure if I am opening some sort of floodgate by offering this service, but we'll see what the demand is like, I suppose. :x
Kat. Kat. Kat. You're doing it wrong.

Offer the services as rewards.
Oh, Skyler, the ever-mercenary.

Fine. Fabian gets one free. The rest of you have to bring me chocolate.

(i.e. I'd consider doing it as contest or hosting-event reward if it were like, a completely original work. But using someone ELSE'S template and just entering text in? XP can't quite justify, when practically everyone and their mother has Photoshop, besides, eh-heh.)
*Unloads 3 tonnes of various Mars chocolate*

Please?

Pretty please?
::stares at Robert:: You know....................................

.... You only get one. I wouldn't build you another one if your ship died. JUST SAYING.
*Looks hurt*

I have a Fleet Galaxy.

Why do I need another ship?
Okay, here we go.

http://imgur.com/5ZAFYO7,EJWUfmH,Vd95QGh,lA3FeJE#0

So the logo is broken up into two sections, the "delta" (the silver part) and the "backing" (the gold part). It's a little complicated, but basically you get to mix and match.

The "First Image" on the imgur shows all the backings, with a single delta image.
The "Second Image" shows all of the deltas you can use, as well as two delta/backing combos that don't make any sense if done any other way (the two at the bottom).

You kind of have to use your imagination when putting things together, but if you don't end up with something you want, then I'm happy to do a couple other mixes for you until we get the thing you're after.

"Third Image" on the imgur shows a wood grain plaque AND it's also shorter. Coby and I were bemoaning the fact that having actors names felt kind of silly, so I wanted to try cutting them out and seeing what it looked like. Answer is: not too shabby! So if you don't give a crap about the authentic lists-of-names look, this is an option.

"Fourth Image" is another ... metal ... type. Kinda looks bronzeish. Iono. Whatever. If you find an image of something you like/prefer, you can try sending it to me and I can see what I can make of it. :o

(yeah, what work....)
If Robert gets one it better be on styrofoam...he goes through ships faster than Bajor goes through Vedeks.
... I can do styrofoam. http://imgur.com/in96USg
1 Like
FLEET GALAXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. Now I have cleared, Kat, the wooden shortish one looks pretty good. I'll take one of those please.

U.S.S. Bulwark
Galaxy Class
Starfleet Registry NCC-357223-A
Launched Stardate 89703.6
Utopia Planetia Fleet Yards
Sirius Sector

((Ok. I copied all the information down from the Wooden-looking one and changed it. Is this enough?))

Quote: "All it takes for evil to suceed is for good men to do nothing" - Edward Burke

Missing some data there, chum! Just make it easy for me and look at the plaque info, re-type it all, replace with your data, then post here.

I can try the profile idea, but do some footwork for me and find me a few images of the galaxy class to work with, preferably with clean edges. A schematic cutaway shot would probably be most likely to be useful.
Mmmm, "The only thing necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke. Excellent quote! One I thought of using too as I use it everywhere else. But with the name of my ship, one from Alexander felt better.
Kat you are absolutely awesome!! I will send you the info!
Edited
@Rob: think that's enough data, yeah. But are you not going to pick a logo? :roll:
I figured the one that was already on it looked pretty sweet.

And I can't find a decent picture. Grrrr.

Can I get the wooden one, but silver background?
@Rob: http://imgur.com/SRLJbAg

MAKE SURE WHEN YOU POST IT ANYWHERE, please include the following line for credit. I bitly-ed the link for you, because the long one is kind of unsightly. :p

(source template made by FuryofaSeraph: bit.ly/qxr8RA )