Star Trek: Lower Decks (Spoiler thread)

2 Likes

Never knew I needed a medical shotgun until today.

I like that it shoots “Medical venom” lol

Tendi: “Kayshon, when he became a puppet.” That is all. :rofl:

3 Likes

Mariner: “So, was the Titan as awesome as everybody says?”
Boimler: "Ah, it was a bunch of complex characters thrown into heavy serialized battles which always ended in mind blowing twists that made me question the basic tenets of my reality.

“But who Cares about that!?! Tell me more about this Puppet Rave! That’s the kind of stuff I live for!”

… I’m feeling really called out by the writing team for why I love LD so much right now. They get me.

3 Likes

Faux mugato hoodie…totally the must have Fall 2420 item!

2 Likes

Any scene with T’ana has me in tears

2 Likes

Anyone else get the impression and Mariner and Boimler might share a kiss by the end of the season?

1 Like

“Your pagh is weak and it disgusts me,” is a line that requires more use in RP

4 Likes

Can we please make sure “naked time” never happens on the starbase?

Coward. :rofl:

1 Like

Red alaaaaaaarrrrmmmm… Red alaaaaarrrrrrrmmmmm…

1 Like

It’s so funny they were playing Clue (Cluedo)! We were just talking about that last month and what if we had a Argo version of the game.

1 Like

someone else-forum:
T’lyn (aka “the Vulcan Mariner”) even wears her uniform wrong. That head band of hers actually appears (based on width and color) to be the belt all the other Vulcans wear. I imagine a spirited debate the day she showed up for duty like that. “I examined the entire uniform code and all related legal precedent. The belt must be worn, but there is no indication or prior decision as to where it must be worn.”

4 Likes

Okay, they better follow up on that Rutherford flashback!

Also, season 3… now please?

2 Likes

Heh…imagine he’s secretly Section 31 and doesn’t even realize it.

I really enjoyed the season premier, them stealing the (replica) Phoenix was hilarious. Perhaps I’m in the minority but the end felt anti-climatic. The teasers and trailers built the season up to be a sort of quest to clear the Captains name and then they literally resolved the whole issue in less than five minutes on the very first episode.

I still liked the episode a lot and look forward to what they do next but I think they could have explored the Captain getting arrested arc a bit more.

Check out the Ready Room for an in depth discussion on why the Freeman innocence was all off screen (hint, it’s the core of the show, the main crew is the A story of their own show… but Lower Decks is about the B story featuring the Ensigns). It also was an intentional nod to how unlike in our world where the System can’t always be trusted… in the Federation, Starfleet will try it’s best to help it’s own… so there was nothing Mariner really needed to do except have some faith.

That aside… the trailers definitely did not imply clearing Freeman was gonna be a season long thing. Many noticed she seemed to be back on the ship in uniform as Captain in several scenes that looked pretty typical. I didn’t know if it would be resolved in one episode or 2 but I suspected it would be quick. McMahon noted they have 10 half hour episodes, this episode is 1/10 of the season… they need to get to other stories… but stuff in this episode will affect things later, including Mariner’s new handler.

Most importantly though, they got James Cromwell to come back to play holo-Cochrane! And he was quite upbeat about it in his interview segments. He enjoyed it. That made me so happy. Also the Bozeman theme park needs to be added in STO for the next FC day event lol.

5 Likes

Yes, you’re right. I just need to have a little faith… of the heart. :wink:

2 Likes

I will admit, as much as I’d have loved to see the whole quest to clear Freeman’s name play out over a few episodes. I have to concede, the way it was handled was pretty perfect for Lower Decks as the show.

4 Likes