Subj: Final call for proposals for Pariah situation

TO: DS13/Engineering, DS13/Science, U.S.S. Providence Command
CC: DS13/Command, Pariah Colony Command
SUBJ: Final call for proposals for Pariah situation

:: Standard Level 2 Encryption ::

Hello, ALLCON.

Most of you don't know me, which is fine for the interim. For now, all we need to know is that I have been granted sufficient authority and privileges to help coordinate on coming up with the best possible solution for the unfortunates who are currently located in the Pariah Colony.

I've been following along with some of the materials, but much of it is unfortunately scattered. DS13's Colonial Command branch is planning to hone in on a final solution within the next couple weeks, so I would like to make sure they have the most recent and up to date information as possible to take into consideration.

For all of those who have been working diligently on proposals, please submit them to me no later than one week from today's date, and I will pass them on to the right hands. These proposals should clearly state: (1) the goals of the solution and whether or not it's a 'one shot' method, (2) the predicted timeline of what else needs to happen to carry out the solution to fruition, and (3) perceived advantages this method would have over others.

Thanks all, and please feel free to message me with any questions. Let's fix this.

//SIGNED//
CMDR North, Alleya
4 Likes
TO: CMDR North
CC: DS13/Command, DS13/Engineering, DS13/Science, U.S.S. Providence Command, Pariah Colony Command
SUBJ: Final call for proposals for Pariah situation
==Level 2 Encryption==

Commander North,

I'm putting forward the proposal that's being worked on by Subcommander Davin Mandukar, Commander T'irin, and myself. In a nutshell this proposal uses information gleaned from the derelict vessel recovered from Pariah space. The attached report will shed some further details on the process.

I'll hit the key points the make this project possible;

1. Polaric Radiation
Polaric radiation is rare in the Milky Way, however Pariah's star naturally emits a fair amount. The reasons for this are unknown, but we're using it to our advantage. It may have been much more common in Pariah's original galaxy. This radiation is harmless to organic substances but has a degrading effect on electronics and has been known to confuse sensors.

2. Mineral X
To the best of our knowledge, this mineral only occurs in the Pariah system. We've known it was an effective insulator against Polaric Radiation for some time. However recent test have revealed that the mineral actually absorbs the radiation, storing it. The mineral has a carrying capacity which is defined by the amount of the mineral present. When an electric current is applied to a saturated quantity of mineral X a burst of Tachyon particles is emitted.

To tie this together into a workable solution I'll walk you through how the derelict vessel utilized both parts. First, we now know the derelict once sported large sails used to collect Polaric radiation. This radiation was stored in large internal reservoirs. Mineral X makes up more then 60% of the derelicts hull, and is found in increasing amounts fore to aft. In essence whoever crewed the derelict utilized these systems to create pulsed tachyon bursts, propelling their vessel up to a warp three equivalent.

To answer your points:
1. The goal of this proposal is to find a permanent solution to the omega zone surrounding the Pariah system. This means of propulsion could be used indefinitely, with mining operations in the Rho-62 cluster of Pariah supporting.

2. There are a few things that remain before we can start using this reliably. First, the Providence is going to require a refit to modify, or simply add, the new drive system. All the components needed can be found either in system or can be replicated on board. Second, the mineral X recall currently underway is nearing completion. If our simulations are accurate we should have enough for live testing. We'll need to fabricate a drive system of our own, which would require minimal effort on the part of the Engineering Department.

3. This proposal is not a temporary solution. Vessels could continue back and forth to Pariah so long as mineral X is mined. A tri-propulsion system could be utilized on say, two to four specially constructed or modified cargo vessels. Warp drive to reach the omega zone, taychon pulses to navigate interplanetary space within the zone, and unmodified impulse drives to maneuver in gravity wells. This is a viable means to not only get our people on the Providence back home, but to ensure we don't lose access to the Pariah system and the colony.

All pertinent information is attached.

Respectfully,
//SIGNED//
LTCMDR Everhart, Reese
Assistant Chief Science Officer, Deep Space 13

//Attached:
Derelict Vessel Report
Holosuite simulation logs.hdl
Lab Conclusion Report - Mineral X
Polaric Radiation Report
6 Likes
TO: Commander North
CC: LCDR. Osiangli
SUBJECT: Re: Final Call for Proposals for Pariah situation

Commander,

You've probably met me when I helped you destroy those omega molecules with my gravimetric charges. Remember when we busted you out of that KDF research facility? Anyhow, myself and Lieutenant Commander Osiangli of the science department have been working together one a solution for the pariah problem. Credit where credit is due, Captain Caine of the Hurricane has given some advice from her days with the borg.

To state the two largest problems to tackle in our solution.

1. The creation of Null space.
Null space is an abnormal region of space. The pocket of space is filled with the bright light of condensed turbulent magnetic and gravitational fields absorbing all electromagnetic energy from anything that enters the phenomenon. The fields also bend all outside energy around the pocket, making it naturally cloaked.

2. The creation of a graviton catapult.
A graviton catapult is a piece of technology that propels a ship forward from a stationary position instead of a continious thrust of acceleration. The power core of the catapult generates a massive graviton surge that locks onto a ship through an array of projectors. The surge sends the ship hurtling into null space for some hours.

These however are being worked on. For the first problem we have a hypothesis and for the second problem we schematics that we merely need to enlarge and stress test. Now to answer your inquiries.

The goals of the solution are to create a pocket of null space between the Pariah system and the starbase, effectively creating a bubble of space that can be entered with a graviton catapult by any ship without modification. The vessel would be propelled though this bubble at extreme speeds that make it easy to reach Pariah. This would create a lasting way to reach the colony and this would also establish a way out for the eventual evolution of the uncivilized life forms out there.

Due to the multifaced problems we face the project has a time line that can work on several fronts. As we create subspace the Graviton catapults can be build in pre fabrication. This would take some time, now the replication of the Graviton Catapult requires some testing, yet we have a scans of the design and they are less difficult to replicate than initialy thought fourty years ago. The null space will be creating by a timed singularity, this requires detailed calculations on the science departments side.

This option takes precedence in my mind over the others because our solution does not use Mineral X, which will be required to be mined in other project involving it, creating an invasive infringement of the Pariah solar system. It also does not require other ships to be modified. If the catapult is enlarged enough, any sized vessel would be able to be flung through null space towards the other. We'll set up a second catapult on the other side, effectively creating a two way transportation system. Civilians can travel on their own time and the federation can come and go whenever they wish. Not only will we be able to get back our people, we'll also have access to the colony and solar system.

If you require anymore information, please come by my office on deck 188.

End Report.
Signed,

Commander Rix Brot'la
Chief Engineer of Deep Space Thirteen
Starbase attached to the the 38th Fleet
5 Likes
TO: LCDR Everhart, CMDR Brot'la
SUBJ: Re: Final call for proposals for Pariah situation

Thanks for the information, gentlemen. I'll make sure these get to the right hands. Hopefully we'll hear about the approved next steps in the coming days.

I'll owe the both of you a drink from the Cantina!

//SIGNED//
CMDR North, Alleya
5 Likes
SUBJ: Update

Hey, gentlemen.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, Colonial Command has decided to move onto hearings on both proposals, so you and your teams will be asked to show up and defend your work. Expect some fancy formal invitations in your commboxes in the next few days.

//SIGNED//
CMDR North, Alleya

--

((OOC))

I'm tentatively scheduling this for next Sunday's lambda, but depending on availability, we may shift a bit.

This is also an open call to ALL MEMBERS in fleet, and especially the teams involved with the proposals: I am accepting VIA ENJIN MAIL questions and concerns about the proposals, which I will compile and select from (and maybe refine) when we come to the hearing date. Submitting a question/concern to me does NOT guarantee that I will use it, but I am definitely a bit short on material at the moment, so any items sent in are highly appreciated.

Thanks!
4 Likes
TO: Commander North
CC: LCDR. Osiangli
SUBJECT: Re: Final Call for Proposals for Pariah situation

Commander,

Thanks for the message and all that! I'll get the Osiangli and myself busy working, might recruit some other able bodies in the progress to make sure this entire project has a good foundation. Two strange men excited about catapults may look over something. Thanks for enlightening me about this. Whatever turns out to be chosen, have a drink on me.

Signed,

Commander Rix Brot'la
Chief Engineer of Deep Space Thirteen
Starbase attached to the the 38th Fleet
3 Likes
SUBJ: Decision

Hello, team leads.

I wanted to congratulate you on the excellent job your team representatives did at the hearings. After careful consideration, Colonial Command has elected to go with LCDR Everhart's proposal, as it is perceived to be the solution with less risk entailed.

Everhart, you're being given all permissions and resources necessary to execute on your proposal as detailed. By Colonial Command's estimates, we'll be able to get access back to the system as early as next week if we keep on top of things. Do see me or the fleet leadership if you need something.

//SIGNED//
CMDR North, Alleya
2 Likes
TO: CMDR North
CC: -
SUBJ: RE: Decision
==Level 2 Encryption==

I've notified the team, work will begin immediately. I'll keep you and Commanded updated on our progress.

//SIGNED//
LTCMDR Reese Everhart
Assistant Chief Science Officer, Deep Space 13
1 Like