SUBJ: Peacekeeping Task Force | TO: 38th Fleet Officers

To: 38th Fleet Ship Captains
To: 38th Fleet Starbase Officers
To: Starfleet Dipomatic Corps
Subj: Peacekeeping Task Force

Hostilities between the Zelvan and Tiyanki are threatening to resume due to a distress call incident in their DMZ.

I have been ordered to assemble a team to attempt to calm things down over there again, so I am sending this message to gather volunteers. We could use a few more ships as backup, probably, so that neither side in the conflict feels they can steamroll their way past us in numbers. I cannot stress enough that the point here is to diffuse tensions and avoid a conflict though. We may very well be serving the function of a wall while we are asking them to talk things out, more than engaging in any combat. At least I certainly hope so.

So clearly, I would like some more ships to join up here, but also welcome any starbase or starship officers to augment our crews with relevant expertise. I negotiated the current armistice between them which seems to be fraying rapidly, so I will likely be taking the lead in arbitrating and negotiating with the respective delegations (if we can get them to that point) by default. However, I would welcome any assistance with this, or if the Diplomatic Corps wishes to assign someone to take the lead, that is fine, and I will take task force lead for the tactical and logistical situation only. Anyone with a head for legal and economic matters would be a valuable asset in the negotiations, but more general assistance would also be useful.

Please see the attached documents for more information on the situation, and reply quickly, as we need to get out there right away.

//SIGNED//
Captain Drake Tungsten
Commanding Officer,
USS Dragon

//ATTACHMENTS// Z-T_Mission_Orders.doc | Z-T_Intelligence_Briefing.doc

OOCReplying to this thread would be a good thing ICly, but not required, unless Valore wants that to be the case. This is for a Diplomatic event that will be DMed by Valore. It has yet to be scheduled, but ICly, an urgent and time-sensitive call to assemble a team seemed appropriate.

The TO: lines may be a little broad, even for this, but probably not too much.

4 Likes

To: CAPT Tungsten, D.
Subj: RE: Peacekeeping Task Force

Captain Tungsten,

The Dallas stands ready to provide any and all assistance you may require in this endeavour.

//SIGNED//
Captain Alexandria Holmes
Commanding Officer,
USS Dallas

2 Likes

To: CAPT Tungsten
CC: RDML Bishop

Captain,

In the event that the two sides make a formal request for mediation by the Federation, I will be available to meet with them. At this stage, please continue your efforts as planned per the previous agreement. Any ad hoc negotiations you and your task force are able to conduct towards a peaceful resolution will be appreciated.

In the meantime, Lieutenants Khet and Stern from my staff have been assigned to gather background information on the conflict. I trust they’ll be provided access to the task force and transportation and quarters as appropriate to the situation.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you require assistance. Good luck.

//SIGNED//
Neema Perim
Federation Ambassador

2 Likes

To: Ambassador Perim (@kermit )
CC: RDML Bishop

Ambassador,

I will be certain that you have access to all reports from my end.

And yes, Lieutenants Khet and Stern are more than welcome to come along, and accommodations will be made for them aboard the Dragon. I very much appreciate any assistance and insights they can provide. They, or someone from the Diplomatic Corps on their behalf, can communicate with my Chief Operations officer to coordinate for boarding, and any other facilities they may have need of. We have plenty of open quarters on the ship they should find comfortable, and certainly larger than anything on my previous ship.

I greatly appreciate all efforts to help make this trip successful, and hopefully avert any bloodshed in or around the Zelvan/Tiyanki demilitarized zone.

//SIGNED//
Captain Drake Tungsten
Commanding Officer,
USS Dragon

2 Likes

To: CAPT Tungsten; LTJG Stern;
CC: LT Khet;
Subj: RE: AAR: Zelvan-Tiyanki Peace Conference

Captain, Lieutenant,

I was pleased to read that some progress has been made towards peace. In situations like this, sometimes low-level talks are where the real negotiating happens. I wouldn’t be surprised if the heads of state are unwilling to enter a room together until/unless the result has been predetermined. That said, in the event that one or both heads of state becomes willing to discuss the matter at that level, I would be happy to travel to meet with them.

In the meantime, a point of information that may be useful is to determine the actual and perceived threats to the civilian trade routes that both sides are concerned about. They may not want us patrolling their space, and nor should we want to undertake that burden needlessly, but providing verifiable and unbiased information as to the amount and type of protection that is required, and from whom, may be the basis for a more permanent solution. From what’s been reported of the region, simply asking each side and taking them at their word will not be enough.

Moving forward, I recommend setting the following priorities:
Operational - investigate threats to the trade routes, in addition to being present to fly the flag and discourage hostilities.
Diplomatic - monitor the progress of the naval drawdown and prisoner swap, and schedule a follow-up summit and/or higher-level meetings based on the Zelvan and Tiyanki responses.

Keep up the good work!

//SIGNED//
Neema Perim
Federation Ambassador

4 Likes

To: CAPT Tungsten; LTJG Stern;
CC: LCDR Valore; LT Khet;

Captain, Lieutenant,

I’d like to sit down with you both regarding the Zelvan-Tiyanki situation, particularly in response to the most recent report involving arms sales. There may be an opportunity to facilitate a compromise here, and I would see us capitalize on it, if possible.

If possible, please also be prepared to discuss the operational and diplomatic priorities noted in my previous communication.

//SIGNED//
Neema Perim
Federation Ambassador

OOC @DrakeTungsten @Aev @Valore

2 Likes

To: Ambassador Perim
CC:

Ambassador,

I would be happy to discuss it with you when my ship is in port at DS13, and we typically arrive late in the Beta shift to early Gamma shift. I was very much hoping you might find a good way forward here that would not risk the political balance of the sector, and I am eager to hear it.

Let me know when you would like to meet (alone, or with Lieutenants Khet and Stern, and Commander Valore, depending on everyone’s schedules), and I will try to make that happen, even if I need to take a runabout back to the station, and leave my First Officer in command, if circumstances allow it.

//SIGNED//
Captain Drake Tungsten
Commanding Officer,
USS Dragon

OOCJust an FYI, this Saturday might be rough for me schedule-wise, but it also may not. Got a family function to attend in the afternoon, not sure how long it will run.

1 Like