TO: CAPT Ailes | SUBJ: Xedi Interrogation Request

1qAjEb9.pngSecurity Level 2 - Confidential

TO: CAPT Ailes
CC: CAPT Bishop
SUBJ: Xedi Interrogation Request

Captain Ailes,

As seen in my report, the Laehval recently assisted Starfleet forces in fending off an ambush from a species known as the Xedi. Up to this point, the Republic seems to have had little to no contact with this specific species and it took some small amount of research to even bring myself up to date enough on them to author this communication.

Normally, the Republic prefers to interrogate those we capture or aid in capturing ourselves; we have ways with interrogations that have proven to be quite effective. However, given our lack of involvement with the Xedi up to this point, I would be willing to waive any claim I might have towards interrogation for what should be a rather insignificant request. I would simply like to have access to the results of the interrogations conducted by your Officers. I believe it would be beneficial for the Republic to have pertinent information pertaining to the Xedi should Starfleet call on us again for future conflicts. Or, perhaps, our own analysis of the reports, when combined with other information on the Xedi, may provide a new or different insight. Either way, I see this as beneficial to both of us.

I spoke with Captain Bishop already - who has been copied on this communication - and he deferred the decision to you as Starbase Commander. I will attach his original response to my inquiry along with my report for the mission.

As always, I hope to work collaboratively with you.

//SIGNED//
Subcommander Tylen tr'Valex
Commanding Officer, R.R.W. Laehval

//ATTACHMENT//
MissionReportStardate96534.log
xediinterrogationscommunication.dat
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO SCDR Tylen
CC CAPT Bishop
FROM CAPT Ailes
SUBJ Re: Xedi Interrogation Request
4OB3P0J.png

Subcommander,

If you wish to attend, I believe you'd be welcome--your assistance was appreciated. However, if Starfleet alone conducts the interrogation, we can provide reports on the results.

//SIGNED//
Captain Beylara Ailes
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
3 Likes
1qAjEb9.pngSecurity Level 2 - Confidential

TO: CAPT Ailes
CC: CAPT Bishop
SUBJ: RE: Xedi Interrogation Request

Captain Ailes,

I appreciate your continued willingness to work with Officers of the Republic, however I find myself quite occupied with other projects and assignments at the moment. I would be fully satisfied with access to the reports from your Officers. I think it is an excellent compromise; I can continue with my assignments but, should Starfleet wish my assistance with the Xedi in the future, I will already have whatever pertinent information is gleaned.

Best of luck with your information extraction,

//SIGNED//
Subcommander Tylen tr'Valex
Commanding Officer, R.R.W. Laehval
1 Like