TO: WCDR Miral | SUBJ: Opportunity

1qAjEb9.pngSecurity Level 3 - Restricted

TO: WCDR Miral
CC: - - - - - -
SUBJ: Opportunity

Jolan'tru Ael'Riov,

Perhaps you have taken note of communications revolving around a derelict Mineral Facility containing seemingly advanced autonomous technology in the Aldebaran sector, masked by a super gas giant. Currently, Rear Admiral Quint is looking for vessels to investigate this facility. I believe this presents an unique opportunity for the Republic if we were to acquire this Facility.

Technology aside, having a virtually undetectable outpost within Federation space, close to our allies, would present opportunities for autonomy. At the moment, we are currently relying on Deep Space 13 for everything from our shipyard repairs to our recreational and social entertainment (outside our Warbirds). We have no home, so to speak, away from Federation eyes. None so far away from Mol'Rihan, several sectors away from Aldebaran. This would give us our own space, our own staging ground for our operations and decrease our dependency on Deep Space 13.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further if it is a notion you would entertain. I have attached all relevant communications and reports for your own perusal.

//SIGNED//
Subcommander Tylen tr'Valex
Commanding Officer, R.R.W. Laehval

//ATTACHMENT//
mineralfaciltycommunication.dat
MissionReportStardate96391.log
5 Likes
1qAjEb9.png
Security Level 3 - Restricted

TO SCDR Tylen
FROM WCDR Miral

SUBJ RE: Opportunity

Subcommander,

Proceed to and investigate this facility. I will notify Rear Admiral Quint regarding the Laehval's presence. Offer any reasonable cooperation with Starfleet ships in the area.

The usefulness of such a facility will be evaluated when we are working with more than guesses and speculation.

//SIGNED//
Wing Commander Miral
Joint Squadron Commander, Aldebaran
2 Likes

SUBJ: Re: Opportunity

Understood, Ael'Riov. I will proceed as ordered and make my evaluation. My report will be available as soon as possible.

//SIGNED//
1 Like

SUBJ: Re: Opportunity

Ael'Riov,

The assessment of the mining facility, identified now as Tren'do Station, has been completed. Unfortunately, due to both autonomous systems and Federation incompetence, not only is the facility currently offline but two of the Rihannsu under my command were killed in an accident. One of which was an officer on loan from the D'Ishae. I have notified Riov Davin and will return the body of his crewman to him at the first opportunity.

As for Tren'do Station, there is a potential it can be repaired. However, given the high level of autonomous systems, remaining security defenses, and self-repairing robotic entities, it could take years if not decades to fully convert this station into something usable. While the decision is in your hands, it is my recommendation the potential rewards would not be worth the resources, time, effort or additional potential loss of life required.

I should also mention the Federation Officer in charge, Commander O'Dara, was not particularly receptive to joint Republic-Federation operations, consistently attempting to take command and making impulsive, emotional decisions until I stepped in. I would recommend against future joint initiatives with her in command. I have met and worked with plenty agreeable and cooperative Federation Officers. O'Dara is not among them.

I await your further orders.

//SIGNED//

//ATTACHMENT//
MissionReportStardate96427.log
3 Likes
1qAjEb9.png
Security Level 3 - Restricted

TO SCDR Tylen
FROM WCDR Miral

SUBJ RE: Opportunity

Subcommander,

Acknowledged. Return to normal patrol duties.

//SIGNED//
Wing Commander Miral
Joint Squadron Commander, Aldebaran
2 Likes