Personal Log: Thue t'Xereth

>>manual text input stardate 93221.1

I've given Ahnar the marriage bracelets Vorras gave me on Risa to dispose of.

I didn't have the courage to do so to his face. I'm not sure how he'll take it and perhaps I'm being a coward again.

However I feel like a liar keeping them. I don't want him to find them and ask and feel betrayed that I've been secreting them for nostalgia. He's more than that, I know. Somehow it just seems right to allow him to see to their destruction.

Aside from the happy memories of my time with N'Kres and Vorras, I want nothing left. I'm happier that way.

A conversation with the khre'riov has only confirmed what my talks with Ahnar in the last month have told me. Maybe we can make ourselves something special. Make s'Xereth mean something. Heavens she almost made me cry.

Can you even imagine.
5 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93226.6

The topic of the bracelet hasn't come up yet in conversation.

I imagine that must be a good sign, but we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Nymas has been very wrapped up in several avenues of investigation regarding T'aev's confusing appearance. My own have been hindered - Ahnar had the thought that perhaps an Eledri family is involved alongside the Vulcan, so I'd thought perhaps Tilly could do me a favor further. Myanamar's out on patrol it seems, and they must be busy as she's been silent.

So the last days have been quiet. More quiet than usual. This has allowed me to get to know Captain Koz Konis Konieczko a bit better. He's one of the most visibly conflicted Starfleet officers that I've seen and for his position that's a bit surprising. While I can't say I approve of his choice in companions he himself is a very friendly alien. Truthfully he's been very candid with me on subjects I'd not expected. It seems perhaps he's needed someone to speak to, since he got into trouble with the Admiral over some comments regarding drinking.

I don't much mind being that person. Humans do have real potential, sometimes. It gives me an edge, but also builds relationships with one of the Starfleet squadron leads and the conversation has been nice in my downtime.

He LOVED Bob.

Regarding work with what the khre'riov told me, encouraging my continuance in scientific study for the time being, perhaps I will begin a second run of tests with the data we have from the last polling. Refine things further and offer a second report to the Senate for consideration of potential further diplomatic outreach to the Eledri. They seem eager and we'd be mad to let that fall unused.

I'll have to ask e'lev his opinion.
7 Likes
an aside

Water lapped around the Romulan with quiet splashes. It was mostly still and the liquid was warm, pleasant against her skin and the sleek material of her pink bikini. The steel grey metal above her and the chemical smell of the water, extra pungent to her Romulan senses, were the only things that really kept her from fantasizing that she was in the warm waters of the Eledri sea.

The Axiom's pool was relatively deserted. The gymnasium complex on the carrier ship was massive - truth be told the whole of Aensai would likely fit within it easily. That's what happened with larger ships. Thue had been here enough at Sara's facility that her crew had become use to Romulans coming and going ... so had Jekal and Nymas. The place was Romulan friendly. Regardless of that she still felt awkward coming here without her friends.

Nearly all day in the Embassy, relaxing as her crew compiled Eledri data, had left her feeling exhausted. Too much socialization. She wasn't very good at socialization in large doses and it didn't help when someone like Commander Davin was involved. She had managed to prove that she could coexist with him without sneering and hissing, though. That had been good, and Rellir had treated her with more respect as of late. Despite the fiasco on Sol III, things were looking up. Things were looking wonderful.

Thue closed her eyes. Water lapped at her ears, drowning out the conversation a few remaining officers were having somewhere across the facility. They sounded light years away.

Where had the time gone? It had been over six months now since she began seeing Ahnar. Over half a year. Since their first date - they had gone to a restaurant. She couldn't remember the cuisine, because that hadn't been important. She remembered though that it had a beautiful view of the stars. It was likely it just seemed particularly beautiful due to her state of mind at the time.

The conversation had turned to their work soon after they'd taken drinks and retreated to the large bay windows. She had forgotten her glass so they shared kali'fal from the bottle. There had been something about a constellations representing a "really mad Admiral Perim" and a "homesick Sehlat". She couldn't forget that. She also couldn’t forget that they did in fact go back to his quarters that night, that they spent far too much time in his quarters going over Debrunian Fire Temple ruins he had taking up his tables and living space. To most, that would be boring for an end to a date … going back to a man’s quarters to talk about his archaeological finds. To Thue though it was everything wonderful about the Professor.

These many months later, she found herself wondering how it could have passed so quickly. Were they moving too quickly? She’d been with Vorras for years and that fell through. Things felt different now though. The considerations of wanting to make Ahnar her Deyhhan had begun. Which is of course when she considered maybe she was thinking too far ahead.

Thue’s eyes opened as the muffled sounds of familiar voices hit her sensitive - if currently hindered - ears. The Romulan didn’t leave her dead man’s float, her brown eyes turning toward the door. She could hear...Sara, for certain. Though she came here to relax and try to sort out her feelings and thoughts, to push past the confusion and try to really focus, she looked forward to a distraction. Maybe it was best not to consider it too seriously.

Sometimes, things just feel right.
2 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93258

The first steps toward dealing with the Sahen situation have begun.

Did H'ress plan all of this, or was he used as a pawn? That's the question I'm still unclear on. This S'lin, this "investor", may be simply utilizing a situation he was made aware of to his benefit. I can't discount that.

However if H'ress tr'Sahen did play a hand in any of this. If it is indeed what seems to be the case, then I will be the first to request a thorough interrogation. What I did not want to do to his relative, what T'aev did not deserve, I will do to him with great pleasure.

It is possible that is just talk. I still can't tell honestly. I've not done that in a while now and I'm not sure I'd be able to easily look e'lev in the eye for days if I did it just for the revenge. Another bridge to cross once reached.

Our trip to Eledri Prime is coming up soon and while I do look forward to it, I'm terribly nervous. Not of the abilities of those assisting us, but at Ahnar accompanying us. He's not helpless or useless in the least, but he isn't a soldier. He's not an officer. He hasn't been training for this daily for years. He's clever, though, and it makes sense that the other night he told me he had been working towards Intelligence, like his sister.

We'll come out on top and able to look down our noses at these idiots. There's no other option really.
4 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93263.5

I've determined that one cannot outrun their past.

It seems no matter how hard one tries, it finds you in the most unexpected ways.

The rest is classified. Thankfully, excessively classified.

I was going through old holopictures, and I found this...

Spoiler: Show
6Rja1B3.jpg

It doesn't feel like it's been as long as it has. We did have fun. Should I treat the other pieces of my past I must bury like the memories of the time spent with nei'rrh and N'kres? Something that ocurred, that I experienced and had emotions regarding, but can move on from. It would require a degree of introspection and ability to really come to terms with everything.

I'm not certain I can come to terms with all of it.

A question for the upcoming years, I suspect.
6 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93270.6

Hnoiyikar!

Those bastards. I thought things were for the better now and

N'kres of all people, that susse-thrai. We shared a bed and a man and loved one another like family and she speaks ill of me behind my back? Nearly ruins Vorras' career - as if we both weren't punished by the Subadmiral? And then Nymas has the gall to

he is very lucky I didn't kill him.

they all are

i amtrying so hard not to fall to pieces. we leave for eledri prime tomorrow. i have to be on my best everything. i cant get distracted

we have to always be so strong but maybe sometimes we can't be. maybe even rihannsu have limits

i may be reaching mine
4 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93277.1

I never did end up beating Nymas. Sara wouldn't let me. Prtobably for the best.

Heavens though. N'kres and Vorras broke my heart, hearing what she's done. Clearly it was a bad idea.

Ahnar does know what he said now, and the mounting provocation s'Veras is sensing from s'Neral is putting me in a place I'd rather not be. I put myself here though and I'll take on the role of mediator as long as is mentally and physically possible.

At the moment we're in a suite in al'Las. Things were a mess, but we're all well off now.

In a way, the terrorists who tried to kill Ahnar and myself have helped us in the long run. I've been in battle many times but never ambushed. Not like that. Never in a useless ship, and never at a time in my life I've felt I have a great deal more to live for. Facing death with the promise of a suddenly happy future is more harrowing.

Didn't much care for it.

The report was made to their government and the Zaldo family has given us bodyguards per our official governmental request, though, so my hope is we'll be well safe for the remaining days here. Still, caution is needed. We'll be meeting with the Minister of Cultural Affairs today as well as several more prominent members of Eledri social circles.

Tomorrow, we'll be recording for their GNN affiliate.

Perhaps we are just 'minor celebrities' but we're being heard and shaping their future. The EFP and their anti-offworlder sentiments aren't necessarily being represented but they truly do remind me of Rihannsu. They're deep under the surface, working and plotting and being cautious. They're entrenched.

I've also been wearing s'Veras colors. I do intend to one day marry this man (not to ruin the romance of the whole thing, but politics now demand I MUST regard it practically. Still, if Tilly is right ...) and while I'll insist tradition be kept and he take my name, there's no reason we can't make clear our alliance.

Plus if Nymas notices? Oh he may be quite bothered. Worth that.
7 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93289.3

"I accept your offer."

Those words brought me such joy. The bastard maneuvered me into a proposal of d'annha. I love him for it.

These past days are again ones of extremes. A mission undertaken at the khre'riov's request has led to Aurelia's removal from her side - no longer is s'Veras under the protection of s'Lhaihtrha. This is a massive problem, potentially. I have little doubt we can at least undo the damage for the Subcommander with some careful planning but it's a delicate situation. However, I wish only the best for s'Veras and will do all I can to assist Aurelia in her task.

On the other side of s'Veras there is Ahnar. He's been teasing me for over a month now about a 'surprise' he would give to me after our business concluded on Eledri Prime. That surprise turned out to be a house blade. MY house blade. He's heard me lament its loss on ch'Rihan, that I'd like to take up my duties as I suppose I am the hru'hfirh of this dead house. I wish to make s'Xereth live again, if just through a handful of people. Give my family one last chance.

He overwhelmed me. It was beautiful, shining, new. I remember seeing the blade as a child; his research was impeccable. It's perfect. It's also where Vorras and N'Kres' marriage bracelets ended up. The metal from them is all along the hilt in this filigree that I can't do justice.

I cried. I cried and laughed and cried and made a fool of myself. Thank goodness we were alone. It had been on my mind for months now and I had begun to talk about it casually, so I told him that I intended to marry him despite the political problems it may pose.

"I accept your offer." is what he said.

Truth be told I hadn't realized I said it. It just slipped out. After I realized he poked me in the chest with that sly grin.

"Gotcha."

He planned for it. He knew I would, in those circumstances. He's asleep now, but looking back on the day - he was wearing both s'Veras and s'Xereth colors. He played me. He manipulated me into taking the initiative. That is so intensely attractive, though I don't think it's quite so easy to explain to my alien friends as to why.

We will make it work. Despite poor Aurelia's problems, I've tried to make today positive. Even Nymas wished us well! I imagine that in the coming weeks, s'Neral will take a different stance on the union. This is why I haven't looked to become officially attached to s'Neral. I appreciate when they approve of me. However, s'Xereth is mine and it shall remain so.

The first steps of a new stage in life have begun for us both. Perhaps that's too dramatic? It's what I feel, I feel new at just the concept. Feeling alive and loved is worth the costs I think.
13 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93298.8

Nymas is getting a ship!

It shouldn't please me as much as it does but that man has become a bit of a confidant of mine. It's hard to believe, because I do remember a time when he was forcing a pistol into my hand. Screaming about how I would have to shoot a particular officer for her failures. That when I refused, he was very clear that did I fail to make her reform, quickly, I would be made to turn the pistol to my temple and handle the shame of it myself.

Now, he is a friend. I don't even feel badly about such things. We laugh about them, because I sympathize. The need to save face, to shine and be noticed in the undertow of the massive genetic ocean s'Neral. It isn't something I really understand, but the shame and pain it causes him is evident by his reactions.

I am glad for my friend.

He, in return, is glad for me. For all of his problems he is genuinely pleased that I am marrying Ahnar. Truthfully I expected disdain, and initially he was all smiles for Sara, I imagine. He does understand marrying for love, though, over standing. What he went through to ensure he and Sara could commit to their union was not simple. And now, with a warbird on the way - and a good one - he may finally be able to marry her.

Admiral Tokkra terrifies me.

He is almost casual in his office. That sort are the most dangerous.

I wonder if I should have gone to see him. The impression I gave was, by his reaction, not great. I did manage to secure permission to gain more scientists and diplomatic experts, so that I can make my pitch to the Eledri about a joint laboratory space that would allow our people to explore the nature of our shared past side by side.

Hnaev I wish I could sound as good in person as I do on PADD. His last words to be mentioned that if this project gets much larger, it will be beyond my rank and my station, that he will assign another warbird to remain in orbit to work with the Eledri.

I fear I could lose what I've worked for.

We've seen Uhlan D'aniels off. The khre'riov has been thoughtful regarding his loss and today, Lieutenant Jekal's new security officers arrive.

The promise of the future has left me in a bit of a haze. I should be more cautious. Jack has offered use of the s'Veras estate for a ceremony, when we come to a decision on when we wish to make things official. But I just don't know what I'm doing.

Gah.
8 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93311.3

More often I consider what life might have been like had ch'Rihan not been taken from us.

All the years of schooling and selection to become an officer following through - all until that day I abandoned my post on learning of the impending danger. The day I did not inform my family for fear of the data being incorrect. Were I overreacting to a malfunction in the sensors reported falsely to me, abandoning my post would have fallen all the harder on them. s'Xereth's only remaining daughter, after all. Their previous one abandoned them. This one now too? And an officer, no less.

The day I killed them, our government killed them, our people killed them. Blame who one would like to blame.

Often in the days of the Tal'shiar I dreamed about what would have been. Certainly, had we not lost our home things would not be so dire. I wouldn't be there on that ship, hurting those Rihannsu. What we did now we had to do, because we had no home and we needed to be more powerful. Survival of the fittest. All of that worm shit.

By the time I was dealing with the Elachi it was all known a lie, but what does one do in that situation? Suffer needlessly or desperately convince themselves they're doing something good? There must be a reason. You're no monster, you can't be. You're Rihannsu. You're better than everyone else. If some of your people must die and suffer in the process, so many have been lost already. It's for the greater glory of Romulus after all.

So you lie and you bargain and you continue to feel dead, deep at the core.

Then, when it all comes crashing down and you understand exactly the monster you've been and the things you've done to save only yourself, one could be forgiven for thinking as I once did,

"If we hadn't lost ch'Rihan, our people would still be happy. We would never have had the need to become so vile and monstrous as the Tal'Shiar did."

Of course that's all, still, moral bargaining.

Ahnar and I spoke for hours today. The bar was quiet and so we spoke at length, but after the talk of where we'll bid for estate on mol'Rihan and wedding things, we fell into a conversation that made me think of what I wrote earlier. Above.

We spoke of wanting to ensure our people don't fall back into all of the old, Imperial ways. Things have changed and while I deeply don't want our people to forget our traditions we can't become slaves to those that will hold us back. D'Tan's a bit mad himself where Vulcans are concerned, and there are contentious voices in Senate calling for some returns to old ways with foreign policies and alliances.

It's resolved we want to help, but in the end, how can we?

It made me realize that if we hadn't lost ch'Rihan, things wouldn't be better. As much as I miss my mother and my father and my brothers, my home and our city and all of the things I loved so deeply, we would still be rotten at the core. The evils hiding within would not have been exposed. Knowing that so many of our people have died for such an uncertain and possibly fractious future is frightening though. The conversation left us both a bit more morose than before. Because it's possible there is nothing we can do to stop it possible splintering of our people in the future.

We can set only good examples, do our duties to the best of our ability and hope, perhaps in futility, that our leaders make the right choices.

Also, Ahnar agrees being joined on the Aensai is the best idea. He wants to project his support of our navy, allow me that pride.

Existential sort of day it seems. There's more of import but it can wait.
6 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93325.2

Don't know why we never bothered to look into it, officially, but today we did confirm that the Masaad are indeed proto-Romulanoids.

Ahnar's mind strikes again. It was so blatant and I had missed it - the man truly completes my thoughts processes. He had proposed that might be their interest. I've no proof, but knowing this is confirmed and how interested they are in aid ... I truly do believe they may be harvesting this society for their genetics. Or have intent to do so.

They are after all the Debrune Ascendancy. The Debrune were much the same potential, genetically, in their civilization- and the obsession their people have with them may explain their interest in this planet. Heavens why didn't I consider that until just this moment that very may well be the reason.

I don't know. What I do know is that, knowing they are indeed Romulanoid means they are very much up to something. While I know Ahnar's not cleared, without his insight I'm no longer really complete. Is that dishonest? Perhaps it is. No it is. But in this case I care not.

I wouldn't term the last bit of our Masaad work a disaster, that's a bit harsh. It was unfortunate and perhaps ill-handled by Starfleet but that's nothing new. But its resolution only hardens my understanding of something underhanded.

What is maddening is that Starfleet officers are so trusting. That in the absence of a clear motive they assume there is no motive or ministration of ill intent. It's the absence of proof or motive that illustrates their ill intent. They're not Rihannsu though, it's quite possible they don't understand. A good plan won't be visible from the exterior and instinct means a great deal in regards to such things.

I'm rambling because I'm tired and my thoughts are hard to coherently put down on this PADD. Need to work some theories out. I wonder if Ahnar will mind if I wake him to express some thoughts.

Guess we'll find out.
9 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93333.2
File 1
File 2
File 3
File 4

I am furious.

Still, I'm feeling the aftereffects of the attack and it's proving difficult to write or speak with full clarity for long periods of time without intense concentration. And I am tired.

They targeted Ahnar and that is why they will die. My life is not my concern, though Captain Freeman has earned every honor we could bestow upon an alien in his sacrifice. They tried to kill my Ahnar. My future deyhhan.

They will die.

I write this laying on my stomach because of the damage I've taken. I still can't sit, but within the next few days all should be well enough to return to duty. When I awoke this morning, in the station's sickbay, I found Ahnar sleeping on the floor beside my bed. He entered as I slept and the truth is I honestly do not deserve him.

After the ceremony, after all that business, I had returned to Aensai. Set my ribbons and medals and clusters in their case in the office. Ahnar and I both were awarded, together, the same honor. We were going to dance and have fun in a way we often aren't able to, and instead, Captain Freeman dies. Saving me, a Romulan he didn't know.

So e'lev spoke to the media. GNN carried his interview. Nymas had told us that they are desperate for information on where we are in health and the success of their attack on our wellbeing. So Ahnar has baited them. We will ask the Prime Minister to name the building this new joint laboratory will be in after Captain Freeman.

A brilliant touch.

This has taken me too long to write. As my lucidity continues to improve I will attempt to keep up.
10 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93347.1

Recovery is complete. The remaining scarring on my back has been all but removed.

My concussion's symptoms have mostly abated, which is amazing. I've felt like my thoughts have been trapped in a smoke where I couldn't quite view them. The translation from my mind to my tongue was failing miserably. Keeping our scheduled visit with the Science Minister was risky, but that is one of the many reasons I have Ahnar.

The security the Eledri have put into our visit to Detak is something I've not seen before, personally, except for when Commander Sivath and I visited mol'Rihan and had occasion to sit in on Senatorial meetings. Kilometers around the laboratories they're monitoring and scanning all traffic. We've personal guards, lift guards, anti-terrorism brigades guarding nearby areas. Transporter dampening. Explosives detection constantly.

It's humbling, it's frightening and it's exhilarating, all at once. All of this is because of us. Because Mathilda handed me a sample, because Ahnar and I essentially wanted a short leave. It's become something that people have, unfortunately, died for. And it's all because of us.

I wish so badly to slaughter the group responsible. But, Ahnar is correct, that would be a very bad idea. Give them occasion to see these people as martyrs? They must be punished and ruined, completely and utterly. So. We will do that. We will embarrass them and show them to be weakling fools, as they are. Flaunt our safety.

We lure them out, or we force them to remain in safety, realizing their impotence. Either way we win.

Regardless of this knowledge that we are winning I find it difficult to sleep tonight. Not just because Jekal is sleeping in the next room, limiting our 'activities'.

I keep thinking of the banner Rellir presented us with, that embroidery kit from ch'Rihan, and the task she set in front of us as a house reborn. We're nearly finished with the banner now, and likely will finish it tomorrow, to bring it back to Captain Freeman's brother. The concept of these banners is religious absurdity, all that 'spirit' nonsense but it's cultural. It holds decent meaning among some of those people and if we're to become any sort of house again we will need that.

That poor man, dying for someone he didn't know. If he'd known what I've done before, would he have? I've wondered that.

I've wondered lots of silly things since then.

edit: perhaps I'm not completely recovered. My sentence structure and story relation are still fragmented. Hnaev.
13 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93369.8

I think...

sometimes I think too much. Usually actually. Often, most accurately.

Mathilda and Dmitri married last evening. It was what I had hoped it would be; small, quiet, and understated. Being surrounded by Starfleet officers in that manner was strange. Sometimes, I do forgot Tilly is Starfleet, and all of those uniforms are a bit different.

It was lovely, though.

The afterparty was well appointed but it did give me pause. I had quite a bit of concern actually and I was not exactly the 'life of the party' as Sara would say. Being held where it was, I was rather certain I could handle that. Apparently I was mistaken.

Ended up a bit too drunk and left rather early in the evening. Ahnar couldn't leave the office quite yet, so I fell asleep in his coworker's desk. I woke up on the Aensai, I don't even remember the transport.

It makes me feel rather small. The Liberty Brigade can't get to me. I can't allow it - for our work, for Ahnar, I must remain strong. There's this voice in the back of my mind. I know it's there and I know it's irrational, it's a sort of fear that I've always done my best to suppress.

Fear of my past coming to light to those I love is a fear I grapple with daily, one that I am quite used to. The fear of a potential impending sort of constant doom, for lack of a better word, is different. Upsetting. It's left me more reclusive than usual. So, at the party...

Well. It was fun.

I wish my friends all the best, they do deserve it. Though, today, perhaps I'll attempt to spend a bit more time off Aesai than usual.
12 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93390.5

Things have been quiet as of late.

This is good considering how things have been previous. Since Dmitri and Tilly's wedding, I've rather kept to myself. Reviewing communications and conducting media interviews for the Eledri news networks, some idle caracal research.

I've been preoccupied with emotions arisen from the last assassination attempt. So preoccupied and so bothered by this that I spoke to a Starfleet 'counselor'. It was 'off the record' and unofficial, and of course I kept things vague. It was not a course of action I pursued lightly, but I remember Nymas speaking so highly of counseling. I've been so concerned about Ahnar's safety that I do not wish to burden him with the depths of the strange sorrow I've felt. He is mine to protect, in this instance and I will not make this life any more difficult.

Sedai and I spoke on really only one thing at the end of it all - fear. Truly I do fear losing the few things I never thought I'd have occasion to have. A future. An actual life, a home, a family.

As I consider how often I've nearly lost my life. Facing down the Tal'Shiar in battle after battle, looking across a battlefield at a Herald and living to speak of it, surviving nearly fatal burns ... it was this that has hurt me more than anything. There was stability on DS13 for me. I had foolishly begun to consider Ahnar's quarters home and allowed my guard down. Additionally I must add that I am still aware it is not their fault. They handled the situation as well as could be expected.

Still. Now that I have something to lose, I'm terrified of losing it. This session helped me reach that conclusion. Holing myself up in my quarters won't help much there, really, so I must force myself to be able to be an active element in this once again. I've allowed it to become more noticeable as Ahnar was focused on his work, with student finals. It's left me abnormally to myself.

Young Alphonse is now on-station and going to school in the Annex next semester. It's a shock to really see him so well. When he was an infant, I would hold him as I worked on his cure, if I could. The entire situation was so intensely bizarre, but I loved that boy. Sara has told me before I am his 'Godmother', and while I don't know what that means he does feel as family to me.

Of course I am just that strange doctor who is friends with his parents, who vaguely saved his life when he can't remember. He avoids the topic of his creation, from what I can tell and I suppose I don't doubt it would be difficult to understand why. Still. I wish for him to become my friend.

I think I will go see if Ahnar's finished with his papers now. I'll just continue to worry in text if I don't.
8 Likes
>>Transmission start
//Recipient: tr'Veras, Ahnar i-Rhallan
///RE: Communication from Ahnar tr'Veras

a smiling, shiny-eyed Thue beams at the holocamera. her eyes seem to be a bit green and puffy. despite that fact she looks overjoyed

E'lev, how I miss you! I'm overjoyed to know you're doing work that will be of import, but I would dare say all of the work you do is of importance in one manner or another. You're just that sort of important man under it all.

And while is saddens me to know you've not slept well, I've experienced much the same. I've grown used to having you at my side, e'lev, and though I suppose it's good we're able to separate from one another I've become a bit of a recluse since your project began. It may be the sort of feeling the poets refer to as 'lovesick', perhaps. I find myself pining. If not holed up in my quarters I'm in the lab night and day, secreted away from everything else, save for the occasional comm in regards to Eledri Prime or a patrol. After Verelan's birthday I just sort of fell out of social life. Heavens if it weren't for Jekal I'd likely be forgetting to eat more than usual! she beams, half-joking

Please keep doing this important work. I would like very much if your time to return might align with my leave on Risa, but I suspect it may not. If it does not, it will be a far more dull place for your absence. Perhaps, when you return to your site, I might take that promised trip with you? Perhaps I can't stay the entirety of the time but I would like to see more of you doing what you love most.

I will be here when you return. Jol hwi arhem.

>>Transmission end
5 Likes
>>Transmission start
//Recipient: tr'Veras, Ahnar i-Rhallan

Thue seems tired but not displeased, the woman's jacket off and the collar of her uniform undershirt loosened. her lipstick is faded - perhaps it's been a long day. a quirked smile sits on her lips

There are times, now and again e'lev, that I feel as if I must be going mad! I had a rather odd situation on-duty this evening which led to where I am now. Annatar III. Have you heard of it before? I certainly hadn't! It's this planet that belongs to the Federation, oddly enough. The Annatari aren't particularly bright or attractive, but they've the kind, simple demeanor one expects from a Federation world.

she puckers her lips and giggles, then rolls her eyes

Perhaps that was unnecessarily rude but heavens, e'lev, the things I put up with. I fell upon a console the other day, during one of my first days back, and took a rather severe concussion. I was cleared only hours before the distress call came in and was stuck while Starfleet bickered amongst themselves like children. So I simply left. It was a distress call, and I had far better things to do - it's a bit hard to explain but I gladly will, in person.

her expression shifts, the Romulan's brows knitting as she leans back in her chair. a view past her, out the large window behind the Commander's personal desk ... a planet mostly covered in water, heavy with cloud systems

Annatar Three is ... well, it's actually quite exciting. The weather is shit, but it's mostly built on water because of the constant rain. They have some gorgeous shopping plazas, I wish you were here with me. Actually, I've bought you something. But it is a surprise.

Risa was pitifully boring without you. I came back with five new caracal - breeding partners for Mother, you see - and I spent the time in a cottage with Sara and Jekal. Spent most of my time there, honestly. I wasn't feeling being social. So much time drunk or otherwise inebriated.

I missed you terribly.

her eyes soften and the woman leans back toward the holocam. she presses her forefingers to her lips, then sets them on the bottom of the lens

We'll have so much to catch up on. I adore you.

the feed ends
4 Likes
>>manual text input stardate 93557.3

R'lmus approached me today. He asked that I review a Romulan Republic power cell for him and determine where it came from.

Best I can understand this cell was found on an abandoned Starfleet ship. He then told me this 'M-113' species, as he called it, was being smuggled and the people who owned this cell might know who by.

I had no idea what he meant, but after a few minutes he explained.

Those damnable beasts, those telepathic, sentient-eating monsters I encountered in the Expanse? These are a slightly modified version of the same creature. Apparently Starfleet's been dealing with them for a bit locally now and I've yet to hear a damned thing about it.

So you can be sure I told R'lmus that he must release all relevant files of their activity to me before I will give him the information he is asking for. I vivisected one of these things. I know what these things are capable of and what they've done before, even if they're changed a bit now. R'lmus knew that.

Heavens what a mess this sounds to be.
3 Likes
>>Manual text input start - 93562.5

>>FNN: High Minister Zulana Laozai Dead
>>Closed Door Meeting Provide Clues On Zoss Administration
>>Re: Visit

I considered High Minister Laozai a friendly face. Someone I could build a relationship with. Now, I'm clearly suspected in her death.

Who knows how she died. Given the above documents they're implying genetic manipulation; the equipment in our lab on Eledri Prime isn't capable of that sort of manipulation, but my ship's equipment is. I've no doubt they intend to blame members of my team, or myself and Ahnar, for the death of someone I had looked forward to one day calling a friend.

They've removed my allies and companions. Laluu Zaldo resigned. In one swoop they've removed so much of the work we accomplished.

It's all a bit much.

Heavens I do wish Ahnar were here. Though, at least, at the moment he remains untainted by this due to his absence. This may be a blessing.

Damn them.
6 Likes
<profahnar> hey e'lev
<profahnar> i know you're definitely sleeping but i managed to get to a place where there's actually access to the hypernet
<profahnar> trying to catch up on the news
<profahnar> it sounds awful
<profahnar> i know that whatever happens you will be able to take care of it
<profahnar> crap
<profahnar> the transport is leaving back for the hinterlands
<profahnar> two weeks from now and i'll be back and we'll be able to catch up
<profahnar> i love you
<profahnar> hang in there
7 Likes