To: Timoreev | SUBJ: Survey Request

To: CAPT Timoreev, Andrej (@Timoreev )
CC: CAPT Holmes, Alexandria (@Moose )
Subj: Survey Request

Captain Timoreev,

As Squadron Leader of Libra Squadron, it is my understanding that you would coordinate the follow up missions of the exploration units of Gemini Squad. It has come to my attention that prior to the Klingon Civil War, a Survey Mission of the Zhen Xiu system in the Alpha 7190 sector was underway with the USS Dallas leaving behind a Lvl 3 Probe for follow up study. My ship will be close to that sector following a Patrol Mission, and I would like to offer our hand to help resolve any residual work that needs to be done. We are currently docked at DS13 and are capable of carrying any Survey Equipment needed to complete the missions, that is unless you already have a team working on it!

//SIGNED//
Commander Maikull Barron
Commanding Officer
USS Sun-Tzu

//ATTACHMENT// AAR: Eye of Mine I

2 Likes

To: CMDR Barron, Maikull (@Maikull )
CC: CAPT Holmes, Alexandria (@Moose )
Subj: Re: Survey Request

Commander Barron,

I am very glad to read of your request. As for the moment, there is no activity currently underway in the Zhen Xiu system after its visit by the U.S.S. Dallas, nor such an activity has been planned for the immediate future. However, I concur that the system indeed deserves further study and close inspection, and for this reason I accept your offer.
Since Capt. Holmes and her crew have been the first to visit the system, I’ll leave to the Dallas the responsibility for any further operation in it, and you will refer to and coordinate with Capt. Holmes on any activity you wish to carry in the system, unless Capt. Holmes herself does decide otherwise.
Keep me posted,
Cordially

//SIGNED//
Captain Andrej A. Timoreev
Commanding Officer,
USS Attar

2 Likes

To: CAPT Holmes, Alexandria (@Moose)
CC:
Subj: Records Request

Captain Holmes,

I hope this message finds you and the Dallas well. My ship will be passing close to Zhen Xiu system in the Alpha 7190 sector, and my Science Officer is begging for something that’s NOT a patrol mission. We would like to wrap up the Survey of that area while in the neighborhood, the preliminary report I read on the last outing was that archaeological equipment may be required. Just wanted to touch base with you on any particulars we would need to requisition from DS13 before we leave to ensure a successful mission.

Also…while on the subject of follow ups, we will be passing through the Kelterre Sector, and making a run by the Relay Station in System TK-401. The report I read cited an aggressive Ferengi vessel you encountered there. If you could also forward me any sensor logs on the battle and ship so we know what to look out for, I would appreciate it.

//SIGNED//
Commander Maikull Barron
Commanding Officer,
USS Sun-Tzu

1 Like

To: CMDR Barron, M. (@Maikull)
CC: CAPT Zarath, T.
Subj: RE: Records Request

Commander,

Thank you for your message. I should clarify a few things regarding the 7956 Zhen Xiu system. While the Dallas was the first vessel to explore the system itself, it was originally discovered by Captain Tellara Zarath of the Cassini, who carried out a later exploration mission along with the USS Endeavour and USS Artemis. You can read their findings here; AAR: Eye of Mine II

The Dallas’ original mission was to investigate the strong radiations readings from the asteroid belt and ensure they would not impede or endanger further missions to the system. Our findings led to the belief they would not, however the exact nature of the radiation and why it was there was not clear to us at the time. The Class 3 probe was only set to monitor and collect data, so you would need to pick up the probe in the system and refer to the data within.

Regarding the relay station in TK-401 (AAR- TK 401: Unauthorized Access) unfortunately due to the circumstances, our sensor and communication systems were unable to adequately log the subsequent attack. I’ve attached an image we were able to record, but thus far we’ve not found any matches in the Federation database due to there being no visible distinguishing marks. Whatever the Ferengi intended to do appeared to have been carried out and it seems we have been left with somewhat of a cold trail.

As for the station itself, the automated systems were restored by the Dallas and the primary antenna was brought to full operation once more, however due to our own damage, we were forced to withdraw unable to test the habitation module or provide resupply in anticipation of a returning presence to the station.

//SIGNED//
Captain Alexandria Holmes
Commanding Officer,
USS Dallas

//ATTACHMENT//

To: CMDR Barron, M. (@Maikull)

Commander,

The 7956 Zhen Xiu system seems to be quite an enigma, it’s almost extraordinary in how mundane it is. Had it not been for that radiation signal, Starfleet likely would have discounted it from exploration at all. It seems the database entry might need a little bit of an update following our previous findings.

It seems that at some point there was an Iconian presence in the system, however the majority of evidence to support this appears to have been almost surgically removed, with only hints being left deep within the solar transition layer between the corona and chromosphere, unfortunately just beyond the range that current metaphasic shielding technology would allow us to explore.

While I appreciate that you would be commanding this mission, I would request a temporary transfer to the Sun Tzu as Science Advisor while the Cassini continues her exploration route. Further I would suggest you begin with continuing the exploration of the radiation field first as the station around the sun, and the planet ecology will remain inaccessible for the foreseeable future, it would be best to focus on the easiest aspects of this system. Perhaps it may even lead to a discovery that helps us further down the line.

//SIGNED//
Captain Tellara sh’Zarath
Commanding Officer,
USS Cassini

4 Likes

To: CAPT Zarath, T (@Moose)
CC: LCDR V’Era (@Maikull - NPC)

Captain,

Given the historical complexity of the mission, it would be beneficial to have someone with in-depth knowledge on hand as we unravel this mystery. We would be delighted to host you aboard the Sun-Tzu as Lead Science Advisor. We are currently Docked at Deep Space 13 resupplying for our endeavor; however, we do have a patrol mission in the Kelterre Sector beforehand. We can make arrangements to Rondeau with the Cassini afterwards and take you with us to the Zhen Xiu system. I have assigned my Chief Science Officer, Lieutenant Commander V’Era, to assemble a team together for the mission. If you have any further information you would like to share to bring her up to speed, or have any supply requests we can accommodate before we leave Fleet Star base, please let us know.

We look forward to working with you!

//SIGNED//
Commander Maikull Barron
Commanding Officer,
USS Sun-Tzu

1 Like